Warlock and Hunter, the only pet-focused classes. But what sets them apart?

Warlock and Hunter, the only pet-focused classes. But what sets them apart?
    What do you think about it, what makes them more unique from each other?

10+ Year Old Account
    DK's are pet-focused, too, if you play Unholy. Any good Unholy DK will manage their pet's DT, stacks, and leap/gnaw abilities.

As for uniqueness? I don't think that Warlocks can move while casting every spell - hunters can.

also lock pets dont bring any buffs, but hunter pets can bring jsut about any buff in the game, you just need to tame the ones with the buffs you need.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    DK's are pet-focused, too, if you play Unholy. Any good Unholy DK will manage their pet's DT, stacks, and leap/gnaw abilities.

As for uniqueness? I don't think that Warlocks can move while casting every spell - hunters can.
    It is really a travasty how much Blizzard has destroyed Unholy dps since Cataclysm. Its such an enjoyable spec.

Warlocks have outstanding survivability, top notch DPS, and superior raid utility in the form of portals and healthstones. Warlock pets are also far more interesting and developed making them superior in the pet department.

Hunters can do mid tier DPS at 100% efficiency while moving.

It's about even.

Quote Originally Posted by Kifimbo View Post
    also lock pets dont bring any buffs, but hunter pets can bring jsut about any buff in the game, you just need to tame the ones with the buffs you need.
    True but the warlock pets add powerful spells to the Warlock. When not sacrificed, imps can mass dispell, succubus can do a sleep and a mass knockback, felhunters can do a ranged interrupt and voidwalkers can disarm. When sacrificed they make the warlock pretty much independednt.

But its not a surprise warlock pets are not as much of a swiss army knife. They are being enslaved...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Warlocks do damage and have fun spells. Hunters dont.
    I'm sure both classes have fun spells.

But I guess the Hunter require some focus on focus, don't run out of that.
    It's not like the mana system. As far as I know.

One is ridiculously OP, the other one everyone thinks is ridiculously OP...