Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

5.4.2 - The possibility of crossrealm gold "transfer" - but at high cost.

With patch 5.4.2, we can transfer BoA items to any realm.
    And, there are some BoA items that can be purchased with gold, and can be vendored for usual vendor price too.
    Here is the list of items.

Of course, the cost of such a way is very high. You only get sellback price, that is 25% of what you spent on item (27.7% with discount perk).
    So, to get 100 gold on another realm, you need to spend 400(360 with discount perk)

The best way to transfer wealth without a loss is still Battle Pets, but this way has some differences:
    • it doesn't depend on either of your realms AH and Economy
    • it's instant, you don't need to find a buyer/seller for the goods

Overall, I think it's good way to give your alt on a new realm some starting gold. Or if you find something super-cheap on AH there, and want gold right now before it's snatched.

P.S. Keep in mind that guild heirloom armor has significantly reduced sellback price, and shouldn't be used for this.
    Old Gods made me do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I've been sending the BoA weapons/items you find in the world and the timeless isle gear to my rogue and hunter for some quick in easy gold. A little time consuming though but meh.....
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Eh, I've been sending the BoA weapons/items you find in the world and the timeless isle gear to my rogue and hunter for some quick in easy gold. A little time consuming though but meh.....
    Yes, the items you gather for "Is Another Man's Treasure" vendor for a decent amount. Its something you can do if you're starting fresh somewhere and want a little seed gold without a major investment.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    2012 Called.
    What did they say? That he's correct?if not, I'd like an explanation as to why you foolishly believe it isn't:P

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    What did they say? That he's correct?if not, I'd like an explanation as to why you foolishly believe it isn't:P
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

You could sell battle stone upgrade for other peoples tradable pets.

it takes very minimal effort to transfer gold using battlepets and make a profit. The population of the realm determines the pets you want to transfer. You want to transfer new, grindable pets to high population servers. things like fithlings ( they are easier to grind on low pop servers). High populations servers are also a good place to sell pets that you already upgraded with a stone, since there is more likely a chance that players on high pop will know the difference and buy the upgraded pet. Death Adder and Leafmender pets for example. If you want to transfer gold to a low population server, definitely the current raid drops are the way to go. Kovok, Blackseige, sha droplet.. those things sell for 4x the prices on a low population server as they do on high pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cross realm gold transfer, even if they implemented a high penalty cost, would still effect the economy in a negative way. It would cause a deflation in item costs which would decrease profitability on the realm.

Unless the deflation caused a mass demand for a category of items and then you could recover from the profitability loss up from per/item and make up for it with mass sales.

Idk. Either way it would be weird haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

All you really have to do is find a pet thats more valuable on another realm than yours. Its actually possible to game the pet market, and by working cyclically, continually make gold just selling pets and buying cheaper ones.

Selling pets is real difficult on low pop servers however

Deleted
    have been buying harmonius porcupette on a busy server and peddling them on a quiet server for almost triple price for a while now. I also find the dinosaur bone pet always sells quickly, usually farm bones on dead server buy pet, sell it on busy server, buy 2-3 harmonius porcupettes and sell them on my quiet server. If I wasn't so lazy and levelled it to 25 I could get a lot more

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to vendor spare Timeless isle BOA's for quick gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Princesefl View Post
    Is it possible to vendor spare Timeless isle BOA's for quick gold?
    Yes, all the specific item slot pieces vendor for 5 gold each. But it's better to send them to a level 90 if possible and convert them into items, those can vendor for 15 to 30 gold, depending on the slot.