People who post on alts on the blizzard forums

How can you tell who the main of an alt in on the blizzard forums? Forum trolls etc. I hear since blizzard went with the new battle net set up there is pretty much no more privacy on the forums for people who want to test the waters for a new guild but they dont want their current guilds to know, and such. Long story short, how can you tell?

I still check there now and again for server forums and such and i would just like to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look them up on wowprogress and see their other toons listed

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    How can you tell who the main of an alt in on the blizzard forums? Forum trolls etc. I hear since blizzard went with the new battle net set up there is pretty much no more privacy on the forums for people who want to test the waters for a new guild but they dont want their current guilds to know, and such. Long story short, how can you tell?
    You can't, and why does it matter?

I think there was a Google Chrome (and maybe Firefox) mod for it.

Go to either wowprogress.com or guildox.com and try find them on there.

Sadly if they are posting from a level 1 it's extremely likely it's not indexed.

Else from that, there is no way of finding out except putting your detective hat on, listing people by achievements and matching the achievements of both people.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Look them up on wowprogress and see their other toons listed
    this

wowprogress can tell you about alts of a player, as it syncs armory information.

through this technique, i found out a hunter in my guild who refused to play any other class or spec than dps, was cheating on our guild with 2 others, on 2 other hunters. so in total, he had 3 level 90 hunters, in 3 separate guilds on the same server - all of which he raided with.

he was a total loot whore too. thanksfully he's not in the guild anymore - but yea, it's also useful for looking up the mains of forum trolls on the official website who hide on alts.

also, if they are posting from a level 1 - the moderators/blizz blues can still look up their other characters if need be.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    I am many level 1's

i am hidden

you can only find my main by making a ip hack via visual basic and hacking my phone lines
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Guildox has an alt-checker which compares based off achievement dates and other items from what I remember. It's a pretty easy way to find out alts for players who post on the forums on a level 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Point being though if he wanted to raid with others as well? As long as it doesn't conflict with a raiding schedule set by your current guild, it shouldn't matter. If someone dips on a raid night to raid with another guild when you are trying to do progression, that would be grounds for action, but otherwise I don't see a problem with running multiple characters in different guilds if it doesn't have an adverse impact on your progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    was cheating on our guild with 2 others
    was cheating on our guild
    was cheating
    cheating.

How dare he.

wow the attempts on being douche bags is getting good. SO like i said, i was just curious as to how people do it. Now and then i see a douche bag posts, kinda like some of the negative ones here and wonder who the persons main is. Like alts posting in class forums with idiot info to someone asking a simple question, kinda like the one in my original post, and i wonder if they actually play the class or not.

Not a very hard question to answer folks. To the ones who did post with helpful answers thank you for your time.

It was answered:

Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post

OP sounds like a control freak

I have been perma banned from the Blizzard forums for many years.

Does it really matter if they aren't posting on a 90?

What ultimate goal are you going to achieve if you somehow know the persons 90? Everything will go about just as it did before but now they'll just be known as a 90, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It was answered:
    Yup and that was from one of the helpful posters that i thanked. It amazes me how on these forums a simple question turns into a feeding ground for trolls who want to raise post counts. (not talking about you btw). Like i said thanks again.
    Last edited by xuros; 2013-12-05 at 06:16 PM.