Poll: What Is Currently Ruining Your World of Warcraft Experience?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Solo content has virtually no rewards, I don't know what your talking about. Once you get rank 10 and endless wave 30 there isn't much motivation to do anything else. Having more solo content that rewards titles and mounts will give people something to do whenever they log on.

If I log on during the day, I've got pretty much nothing to do since I don't raid every night and I don't farm or play the AH. Garrisons will go a little way to fix this in WoD but other than that I have no motivation to do anything other than sit in shrine which is a situation I'm not happy with. I'd love to be able to go off and work toward a mount or title but at the moment there are none that I can do. Sure more old mount bosses will be soloable in WoD but that only goes so far.

Also, saying that a multiplayer game shouldn't reward solo play is a pretty ignorant statement because multiplayer means different things to different people. Sure for some multiplayer means accomplishing goals with a group of people but for other multiplayer simply means that other players are playing in the same world as you. I think both of these definitions have a place in WoW and should be rewarded similarly.
    100% agree.

Forced CRZ and LFR.

CRZ is becoming less of a big deal now with all these psuedo server mergers, but before they actually did that (and you know, started actually solving problems instead of creating them) CRZ was pure stupid bullshit.

Also I don't mind LFR in and of it's self, I just despise being "forced" to do it. And don't come in here with that ignorant stupidity about "you aren't forced to do it!" because you'd be an idiot. If you make a fresh 90 alt and you want it to be all that it can be, you are going to need to gear it quickly and get it's legendary junk. And how are you going to get the legendary junk? Get in regular pugs for vaults, HOF, and terrace, and then later TOT? I don't think so. Even on my ridiculously overpopulated server, raids for that older stuff are virtually nonexistant outside of heroic clears for achievements which require like 540+ ilevel just to get in. It certainly isn't a viable path for getting your legendary quest stuff done. So yeah, you are forced to do that shit unless you want to be subpar forever and are ok with that.

And that is besides all the gear it's self. You get better gear from siege LFR than you got from TOT reg mode. And that is just stupid. To gear up a fresh alt you will end up doing LFR at some point, unless your guild likes to make regular flex runs and loves to carry fresh 90s with no gear through it.

LFR isn't for me. I'm ok with the fact it exists and some people like it, i don't care. I just hate the fact i'm forced to go into that shit because of the way the game is designed. I don't want to be there. Ever. But I have to because it's the only means of "catching up" with an alt.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the most that i know this game that well, that there isn't much left for me to discover.

Remeber back in my nub days i was amazed by size of the world,alot of zones,characters from previous warcraft to see,frist contact with raid/pvp,not to mention that i didn't know shit about my class...damn those were times

Personally I'm sad about mages. I absolutely hate frost mage gameplay and it's the only viable spec right now. I have shelved my mage until fire comes back out on top. Other than that I'm having more fun in the game than I've had in a long time. Sorry haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Store mounts and pets.

Lil' Deathwing kicks ass and they've been releasing too many pay to get mounts lately.

Deleted
    The community, there are some real crap people to play with!

I'm disappointed in the lack of heroic-exclusive bosses. Sure, some raids have 1, but I think there should be more (about 3-5 per tier). As it is right now, heroic is just another difficulty level of the SAME content that you ran on 3 different difficulties before it. I think more heroic-exclusive bosses per tier would breathe some fresh air into heroic raiding. Otherwise it's just artificial content that has no point unless you're trying to get world or server first.

That poll seems made by a very biased and emo person. The only thing I "hate" (strong wording there) about the current state of WoW is that 5.4.1 arrived and since then the game has been running like crap for me despite my system being top notch. I can say though that if I right down HATED more than 1 of those things you've counted, and they're not facts about how the game IS btw, I wouldn't be hoping for a solution to my problem. I would have quit long ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    LFR is to blame for the community, the only time you speak is to be something negative, like ninja puller, or kick that maggot

There were plenty of toxic players and idiots around Before LFR AND LFD. Anyone claiming otherwise is just being ignorant.

Deleted
    Leveling pre 85.. Its just so faceroll, has any dev actually tried it recently? Its literally: "Fuuck cba to do random dungeons for the 4th hour in a row, ill try some questing. You zone into your levelapropriate zone, do the first 6 quests and whoops rest of the quests in this area are already green to me, well like i wanted to see the lore here anyways!" Then youd go to the next zone and next while having no clue why your helping them or whats going on anywhere. I remember in TBC, i could quest in an area until there wasnt any, and they didnt go green. This yes can be blamed on the heirlooms, but thats blizzards problem for ruining the leveling for anyone leveling an alt.

This and the next scenario im in: I raid SoO heroic with my shaman. Then i raid SoO normal with my alt. Then i raid SoO flex with my shaman, warrior and rogue to help guildies gear up their alts etc. THEN i also raid SoO lfr with my rogue for legendary quest items.

How in the hell did Blizzard come up with this idea that we like to farm the shit out of SoO? Yea i know im not forced to do them but hey, ofcourse i boost guildies alts thru flex as they boost my alts.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the option for none. Sure, some things are annoying. But none are ruining my experience nor am I hating the state of WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    So anything that is made easier with multiple people isn't actually hard, is your opinion? Because what I see, even in your post, though you won't admit it is agreement. If a person isn't able to do something alone it is _______? I think the proper word is too difficult.
    Soloing LFR is hard therefor LFR is hard? Your logic makes no sense.

All the whining.

Deleted
    People like you.

The garbage people who complain about stupid illogical shit.

WoW's community making this sort of threads, most forums are all about HATING this, and HATING that, it's so toxic, so destructive, so boring really...

10+ Year Old Account
    Loss of low level content - I WANT to want to level a new alt, I just have no motivation to whatsoever, with the abysmal, abysmal changes of Cataclysm, turning every single fucking zone into a railroaded - take 2 quests! return! take 2 quests! return! take 2 quests! return! Literally makes me nauseous. Oh and every dungeon is tankable by a priest, or a warlock, or a mage. Nice. Really allows you to get up to speed with group work, your classes' abilities etc.

Loss of sense of community - Every server I played on in Vanilla/TBC was literally alive with community/chatting etc. Groups getting together for SS/TM PvP, massive raids, server rep, top tier PvPers helping each other in the HWL/GM grind. People hanging around in their cliques in Shattrath, while getting to know who was a great tank/healer/dps for daily heroic quests etc. Nowadays.. who the fuck cares. There's no need for any of that. Click a button, free raid, afk. Click a button, free BG, afk. Click a button, free dungeon, impossible to wipe. Spare me.

Not enough to do - disagreed. There's more than enough to do. You're only bored if you're boring, as some random band once said.

Easy everything - to a point. Sadly, everything to do besides high-level Arena/RBGs and top-level Heroic Raiding is absurdly easy. CMs are the only slight exception, and that's only when you're learning the pulls. There's literally nothing challenging anywhere else - and there needs to be. There needs to something interesting between raids/arenas. 5mans in MoP are an absolute aberration. Absurdly few, absurdly easy, filled with boring, stupid, immersion-breaking RP. Even WotLK, which had the easiest 5-mans besides MoP, at least had a huge variety.

Random PuGs - absolutely crippling, for quite a few reasons. Firstly, as above, loss of server community. You no longer make friends, teams with people on your server who're great in dungeons, or just fun to be around. There's no reason to do so. You just click a button every day, et voila, there you go. Secondly, since it's so faceless, with people you'll almost certainly never see again, there's no reason to play well, there's no reason to not AFK, there's no reason to be courteous, or polite. You can just swear, abuse, spit, kick, insult, afk, attack the wrong targets etc. Not only will you rarely so much as cause a wipe, but there are literally no consequences. You can't be "blacklisted" from future LFRs if you're a douche, or AFK the whole thing etc. Thirdly, since it's the status quo in grouping at the moment, fights have to be tuned around the lowest common denominator, which is LOW, VERY LOW in random PuGs. This makes the group content even MORE trivial/forgettable for those who actually care, y'know, the ones the game should be designed around.

Loss of sense of accomplishment - another big one. I remember progressing in early WoW. Sure, there were massive negatives, but there were amazing positives too. I remember the first time we killed bosses like Nef, or Twin Emps, or C'thun, after weeks/months of challenging attempts. It felt fucking AWESOME. The first time we killed Twin Emps, and were able to clear to C'thun, and discover a major badass waiting around the corner. It's just unforgettable. There's NOTHING like that now. Too many difficulties. Unless you refuse to do anything but Heroic, or Normal if you'll never touch Heroic, you're just spoiling the fights/sense of progression/sense of excitement for you and your guild by seeing everything on LFR. And you HAVE to do LFR if you want the most out of your character, especially at the start of an expansion. Killing Garrosh on LFR, then Flex, then Normal.. yeah. There's nowhere NEAR as much excitement when you kill him on heroic when you've already killed him numerous times on other difficulties. Still some, just not as much.

Weird or bad lore/setting - pretty much completely personal taste. I think MoPs setting was fucking awful. Could they have been any less subtle about the Asian influence of the Pandarians? Seriously? I don't really care other than that, it's their story, tell it how they will. Just don't force too much RP down my throat.

The last 2 points kinda just tie into the above ones.

I'll add though - still greatly looking forward to WoD, but yeah, I'm not exactly holding my breath for revolution.

Loss of the legitimate community and the gain of the immature trolling.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    People. It's like 90% of the people outside my own guild have turned into absolute idiots. Seriously, it seems that bad.
    I second the opinion that the community is the worst part.
    The convenience features many whine about too much exist only because of the community, as in-between artificially raised requirements and downright arrogance the traditional raiding community is now harder than ever to get into for someone who does not have the convenience of friends or prior experience.

Too much blame placed on those tools, when the community was declining along with the subscription loss before their introduction.
    They did not kill the game, as some people would like to tell you.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-04 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I hate how they got rid of something like the talent trees. DONT GET ME WRONG, I think the new Talent trees are great, but the things that are secondary stats (life stealing, cleave, movement speed etc) could have been fleshed out in something like the talent trees to make the different characters more unique. I think every damn warrior right now has to take Storm Bolt anyways so it's not like it's adding variety.