Spell effects need a serious revamp.

I know some elaborate effects can slow you down a bit in a 25man raid. But honestly, some of the spells in this game look just awful. Most players have something stronger then a duel-core with built in graphics and can handle a little more pretty in game than a blue or red circle on the ground.

I know they mentioned for WOD that they wanted spell effects for an individual to look nice while others see a basic effect, but why not allow us to tune it in settings for us to choose what we want to see. If some people have trouble in raids dealing with heavy spell/particle effects let them turn it down. But for us with a little more umph in our computers, let us crank it. Cause i'll be honest, while the dungeons look pretty, the spells and effects seem downright boring.

Some look okay - I like the updated Druid/Warlock spells for instance.

Mage spells need it bad, though... they really look terrible in comparison now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah piss off? Spell effects looks amazing besides something like rogues. Melee need some cool effects well before casters get MORE.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    i think they should tone down all the spell effects ... i usually played WoW with particle density on lowest settings because all the flashing is just too much ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    i think they should tone down all the spell effects ... i usually played WoW with particle density on lowest settings because all the flashing is just too much ...
    I have bad memories of the paladins "flashlight" during Mogu/Heart of Fear... glad they toned that down.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe melee need no effects at all, just occasional sparks coming from the blade, and gushing blood.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    I share the sentiment and do the exact same thing. I could easily play with spell effects on high, but the pewpewlazerlightshow gets really annoying over prolonged periods. I often leave it on Good quality for solo play but then turn it to lowest for any group play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems perfectly fine for me. Then again, I do primarily play casters.

I want my Blood Boil nova back T_T
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Why is everyone whining about having too many spell effects in a raid setting? If it bothers you that much, turn it down in the options.

I don't think the OP is talking about that, he's talking about updated graphics for ugly spell effects. Since our characters models are getting an update, surely Blizzard should update some outdated spell effects to 2014 as well, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I want my Blood Boil nova back T_T
    THIS, When I saw this in the early cata launch and cata beta, I CAME. It was the best thiing I've ever seen, and they got rid of it. And made it gay..

Quote Originally Posted by LlionDS View Post
    Most players have something stronger then a duel-core with built in graphics and can handle a little more pretty in game than a blue or red circle on the ground.
    This Point is simply not true, not even slightly. In real most People that Play wow have a comp that can bareley handle wow, even with low Settings.

Just because you and all your friends live in wealthy families, or earn a lot yourself it doesnt mean you can extrapolate this onto the playerbase.