Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    don't know any of them apart from that guy who was in true blood.

and god, he was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't know any of these people.

Buuuut.. that could be a good thing. Or it could be a bad thing. In not having seen them before, I won't know them as actors, and so won't just associate them into other roles, like seeing a famous movie star I know. It would be hard to think of danial radcliffe as a character outside of harry potter, since thats who I see when he's in other roles.

But, really, this does look like its heading towards b-movie presentation. Lets be honest here people, casting aside your rampent warcraft fanboyism for a moment. It is common, and well publicized, that movies made of games are just plain shit. There have probably been 1 or 2 movies made of video games that had any quality to them, all the rest was garbage. So this is very thin ice metzen and these producers are following.
    The far majority of movies based on video games have also had shitty premises, one of them being that Uwe Boll seems to have had a hand in a LOT of screen adaptions of video games.
    My biggest fear is how they're gonna swing the script, it's bound to piss of at least one side, either Alliance or Horde.

As a comment on the cast, LoTR had a series of very interesting casting decisions, Viggo Mortensen probably being on top of that list. But it worked out very well imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    The far majority of movies based on video games have also had shitty premises, one of them being that Uwe Boll seems to have had a hand in a LOT of screen adaptions of video games.
    My biggest fear is how they're gonna swing the script, it's bound to piss of at least one side, either Alliance or Horde.

As a comment on the cast, LoTR had a series of very interesting casting decisions, Viggo Mortensen probably being on top of that list. But it worked out very well imo.
    I'm trying to hold off judgement until we at least see a trailer, but something tells me if you're hoping for something on the level of the LOTR movies you might be dissapointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't know any of these people.

Buuuut.. that could be a good thing. Or it could be a bad thing. In not having seen them before, I won't know them as actors, and so won't just associate them into other roles, like seeing a famous movie star I know. It would be hard to think of danial radcliffe as a character outside of harry potter, since thats who I see when he's in other roles.

But, really, this does look like its heading towards b-movie presentation. Lets be honest here people, casting aside your rampent warcraft fanboyism for a moment. It is common, and well publicized, that movies made of games are just plain shit. There have probably been 1 or 2 movies made of video games that had any quality to them, all the rest was garbage. So this is very thin ice metzen and these producers are following.
    Silent Hill.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    I'm trying to hold off judgement until we at least see a trailer, but something tells me if you're hoping for something on the level of the LOTR movies you might be dissapointed.
    They said they are trying more Gladiator than LOTR which would be a better direction but we know there will be direct comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    And no, it won't go to DVD a month after it's release. It's from Blizzard and Legendary.

(Basically it isn't a turd made by Uwe Boll)
    But it is a game movie. Lots of things can go wrong, even if it's an excellent movie in its own right there's still a big possibility it will only appeal to the rather small fanbase of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    I am by no means expecting that, just pointing out that the cast being A-list doesn't necessarily make or break a movie. Despite the fact that Metzen (I think) mentioned that they want to do something as epic as LoTR. Which I also think is gonna be nigh impossible, just by looking at the story. I just hope that they are willing to give it a budget that doesn't make the visual side suffer.

Deleted
    Paula Patton would make a good Garona.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yeah, like Thor, right?

People were writing NEWS ARTICLES about how concerning it was that they'd cast two "unknowns" (Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston) as the two male leads. Fast forward a few years, and Hiddleston is the PR and marketing POWERHOUSE of the entire multimillion dollar Marvel movieverse.

Just because people haven't heard of actors doesn't mean shit. Every great starts somewhere.
    Comparing Thor and the WoW movie is kinda ridiculous though.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far I really like the cast.

My only concern really is Robert Kazinsky. He did a horrible Australia accent in Pacific Rim. Then again I might not of liked his character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Silent Hill.
    which fell into the small, small minority.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Comparing Thor and the WoW movie is kinda ridiculous though.
    Not in the sense of "movie headed by a massive established corporation casting relative unknowns" it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Silent Hill.
    I thought the Silent Hill movie was pretty amazing.

Saying a movie will suck because you don't recognize the names of actors they've signed is pretty lame. In fact, I know every actor on that list, after some google searches to see what else they've played in. (because admittedly, I don't know all of their names)

I'll reserve judgement on whether or not the movie is good for when I see it. But claiming that at this point is pretty premature.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say though. It seems to be a much younger cast then I'd thought they'd go with. Not sure if that an issue though.

Glad they didn't pick a bunch of mainstream actors.

Disappointed with the the lack of Nick cage

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    Disappointed with the the lack of Nick cage
    Nick Cage as Khadgar or Medivh. Yes please.

Deleted
    @Trassk: Again, as stated previously, most of the actors were absolute nobodies also before they did LOTR, so I don't really view this as a bad thing and I've never heard of these people either.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    They said they are trying more Gladiator than LOTR which would be a better direction but we know there will be direct comparisons
    Technically, they said they'll make it as gritty as Gladiator. The LOTR style already doesn't exist from the fact we're seeing the plot from both sides, unless you're counting LOTR as containing human, elves, dwarves and orcs; in which case, we only have, as the title of original would say: ORCS AND HUMANS.

Okay, that aside, NOW that we have the main cast (or most of it anyway), and seeing as how we'll have Rise of the Horde + Last Guardian scenario, it's speculation time who's gonna be what:

Ben Foster - Khadgar

Travis Fimmel - Lothar or King Llane

Paula Patton - Garrona or Drakka

Toby Kebbell - Medivh

Rob Kazinsky - King Llane?

Dominic Cooper - Durotan? (tho he looks more like a playboy, so I doubt it XD)

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people from the cast of Game of Thrones weren't well known actors, just saying.

Just watch Ben Foster in 3:10 to Yuma and tell me he wouldn't make an awesome villain.

Every cast member announced so far is very young. Young = you're less likely to have heard of them. For older characters in this movie, chances are they will be played by well-known actors. Seriously people, this isn't a hard concept to understand. Fantasy films means a lot of actors dressed in garb and makeup that makes them nigh unrecognizable. Casting big names for the sake of casting big names is pointless for such films. This isn't a romantic comedy. You can't just cast "hot big name actor" in a given role and expect it to work. That's why these films have such an extensive casting process, because the "look" of the actors is so very important.

Look at Paula Patton. I can personally guarantee she's playing an elf. The build, the bone structure, and her style of acting (from the limited work from her I've seen) were no doubt huge factors in her casting. They'd be absolute fools to ignore such factors and just go for a big name.