10+ Year Old Account

Can I play SWTOR at a decently?

Hey all,
    Im debating on trying SWTOR again, and I was wondering if my laptop could handle it. I currently run WoW on a steady 30 FPS on medium settings, which I am perfectly content with. I just want to level a Jedi and experience that leveling experience since MoP is pretty much over. I do not need super high graphics 60+ FPS gaming here, just a playable experience. Here are my specs:

128 GB SSD

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Processor: Intel Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80 GHz

4GB RAM

Thanks all!

EDIT: Ughhhh Typo in the subject >.<
    Last edited by Halefire94; 2013-12-05 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intel HD Graphics is probably a no-go for SWTOR. Maybe you will be able to play with everything at minimum, as sgtaliin said, but your FPS will probably be very low, and, IMO, the game with lowest shaders looks absolutely boring and grey.

Deleted
    Just your graphics card is the downer

Get a reasonable priced one (probably get something good enough for like £100) and you'd be good to go!

my PC is 2 years old, and im still running everything at max with very little slowdown if at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunge18 View Post

Get a reasonable priced one (probably get something good enough for like £100) and you'd be good to go!

my PC is 2 years old, and im still running everything at max with very little slowdown if at all
    Cyber week discounts all over, be careful not to spend too much on other things as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunge18 View Post

He has a laptop so no vid card upgrading.

I would give it a shot. I have a much older processor and less memory then you but I have a better graphics card and while the frame rate tanks in some areas and group content, I can solo play through the story quests just fine although with some nasty load times when logging in or changing planet though. It's free after all so there really is no reason not to download it and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    He has a laptop so no vid card upgrading.

I would give it a shot. I have a much older processor and less memory then you but I have a better graphics card and while the frame rate tanks in some areas and group content, I can solo play through the story quests just fine although with some nasty load times when logging in or changing planet though. It's free after all so there really is no reason not to download it and see for yourself.
    You can do this:

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/com...adaptor-915616

Used to have a computer with 2500 intel hd graphics, either a P4 or AMD processor from '07. I could do anything on it at minimum, no shadows/clutter/etc. but in ops/wz/fp expect some vid lag, lots of them.

If you're just playing for the story with minimal grouping for Heroic missions. Your laptop might be able to cut it. Like everyone else says, its f2p, so doesn't hurt to try.

can try http://www.systemrequirementslab.com and see if SWTOR meets your machine's specs

buddy of mine tried to dl and play swtor on a lap top with onboard graphics and it was a no go (.