Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why not just make BT 100% crit ?

I'm getting tired of BT not critting with 47% crit buffed. On every pull, i get 2-3 non crits in a roll, which is kind of ridiculous when it's supposed to be a 94% chance to crit. And execute, it's been like a 30% crit for me this entire expansion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are not quite aware of the meaning of possibilities. Percents have nothing to with "supposed to be" and "like 30% the entire expansion". Not critting 20 times in a row does not icnrease the possibility for it to crit the 21th time.

OT: I think I like the RNG that comes with the not-always crit of BT. To make it always procc enrage they would probably have to tweak its damage, tweak the effect of enrage and leave us with only wild strike as proccs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=18499/

Edit: I'm supposed to type /thread too, right?

Deleted
    try using reck at pull and in execute phase...

Well while I definitely can somewhat relate to that - they call it fun and engaging. I personally find it pretty retarded but that's life of someone relying highly on crit.

No thanks, I prefer having a majority of a priority system and not a rotation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Because part of the challenge of a priority-based rotation is that you have to make decisions based on differing variables.

Also, berserker rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    No thanks, I prefer having a majority of a priority system and not a rotation
    Speak for yourself; I hate priority systems with a vengeance, and Warrior IMO is definitely one of the classes that need removal of a lot of button bloat and streamlining in Warlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Speak for yourself; I hate priority systems with a vengeance, and Warrior IMO is definitely one of the classes that need removal of a lot of button bloat and streamlining in Warlords.
    I respectfullly disagree. Every button has a use, no matter how rarely it gets used. Our bloat gives us tons of utility, which I love.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I'm getting tired of BT not critting with 47% crit buffed. On every pull, i get 2-3 non crits in a roll, which is kind of ridiculous when it's supposed to be a 94% chance to crit. And execute, it's been like a 30% crit for me this entire expansion.

I know eh the the same thing happens when I play the game of risk I can play it on the normal board with dice and get all 6's or I can play it on the xbox / computer and get nothing but 2's the entire game.

Forgetting about crit depression which lowers that even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    What button bloat are you referring too? Only classes I dont play are lock, hunter and pally and of all the classes I do play I find Arms Warrior to have the least amount of bloat and fluid. I havent played Fury this expansion but Warriors are feeling great at the moment IMO

Is it is a little on the high side. I have to use some really wacky key combos to use some abilities. Like alt-d, then hit R for example to drop crit banner.
    When all your alt and shift combos are taking up, you have to start getting creative on how to add more.

Make BT a 100% crit chance, and you risk creating another Ele Shaman situation. Lava Burst always crits, so as a result, crit is basically meaningless to them.

I don't think you really want that.

10+ Year Old Account
    dude, you need 56.01% to be capped, 56.01+50 == 106.1, thats the correct number because 1. bosses have something called Crit Diminishing Returns, which reduces ur crit chance by 3%. and 2. if you are at the EXACT breakpoint, theres still a super small chance to not crit, like 0.07% or something like that. and 3. because BT is an additional 50%, theres another 3% reduc to that, so you need 6.1% over 100%, so 56.01 is your crit 'cap'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    dude, you need 56.01% to be capped, 56.01+50 == 106.1, thats the correct number because 1. bosses have something called Crit Diminishing Returns, which reduces ur crit chance by 3%. and 2. if you are at the EXACT breakpoint, theres still a super small chance to not crit, like 0.07% or something like that. and 3. because BT is an additional 50%, theres another 3% reduc to that, so you need 6.1% over 100%, so 56.01 is your crit 'cap'.
    BT has double chance to crit, not +50% wherever you have heard that from.

So to be crit capped you need (100-3)/2=48,5% crit chance.

EDIT: Soft capped

Quote Originally Posted by Destruktio View Post

actually you would need 51.5%.

its not (100-3)/2, its (100+3)/2
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruktio View Post

Since suppression makes us lose 3%, it's 100+3/2. That would make us require 51.5%.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Since suppression makes us lose 3%, it's 100+3/2. That would make us require 51.5%.
    We've gone through this before. Crit cap of BT is 53% (Crit suppression goes before any multipliers).

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad i was thinking shatter, but yea, youll need 51.6 crit. doubled itll give 103.2, -3 = 100.2%

51.5 is the breakpoint so there would still be a tiny chance to not crit