Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    what would the use of that be if you can just jump, turn 180 with your mouse and cast? if it's just to run back, what if you forget to switch it around? "just let me disengage away from this iron star. oops, I jumped right into it".
    there are some situations where you would want to be aligned perfectly to disengage to a particular spot and a forward disengage would certainly help with that. if you forget you have the glyph for forward disengage and you jump into something, then that's your own fault lol. i'm also not saying that this is the best glyph idea ever, i just thought it would be a qol improvement in certain situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musca View Post
    A hunter equivalent to the glyph of momentum would solve that. Jump in the direction you're moving, if you're moving, otherwise just do the default jump.

Imagine being able to strafe disengage !
    even better than what i was thinking. this would be really great.

A hunter equivalent to the glyph of momentum would solve that. Jump in the direction you're moving, if you're moving, otherwise just do the default jump.

Imagine being able to strafe disengage !
    I don't like the idea of a forwards disengage, it's fun how it is and requires a little skill to use accurately. But damn if a strafe disengage doesn't sound completely badass. Throw in a matrix-esque cartwheel and I'm sold.

I agree that out of combat 7 sec CD disengage is the best thing in 5.4.

demon hunter vault animation from D3 for sideways strafe, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    demon hunter vault animation from D3 for sideways strafe, imo.
    What is that vault animation? I can't find it anywhere.

Deleted
    Anyone else noticed that disengage directions are screwed now in mists? I just got the hunter to 90 for some pvp, is my old main since vanilla/bc/wrath so i have a few hundred days bagged on it. But when i disengage now it seems to go 30-45 degrees off all the time. Still playing on a solid 40-60ms as i was in cata/wotlk when i mained the hunter.

Whats changed aside from getting out of combat disengage? Either i have seriously lost my mojo, but i think its something else... like moving from home to world latency or something? Anyone know? Basically what i experience is that i run jump and turn in the air, hit disengage while facing 180 degrees from running direction but i still fly somewhere inbetween the 90 and 180 degree marks where i just "turned around". If i hold of the disengage like 0.5 seconds or so until i almost land it fires in the right direction. But to get max distance i kinda wanna hit it while in the air.
    Last edited by mmoc1b385c8656; 2013-12-07 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    Anyone else noticed that disengage directions are screwed now in mists? I just got the hunter to 90 for some pvp, is my old main since vanilla/bc/wrath so i have a few hundred days bagged on it. But when i disengage now it seems to go 30-45 degrees off all the time. Still playing on a solid 40-60ms as i was in cata/wotlk when i mained the hunter.

Whats changed aside from getting out of combat disengage? Either i have seriously lost my mojo, but i think its something else... like moving from home to world latency or something? Anyone know? Basically what i experience is that i run jump and turn in the air, hit disengage while facing 180 degrees from running direction but i still fly somewhere inbetween the 90 and 180 degree marks where i just "turned around". If i hold of the disengage like 0.5 seconds or so until i almost land it fires in the right direction. But to get max distance i kinda wanna hit it while in the air.
    I play with high latency so it's easy to tell the way that disengage communicates with the server, and nothing has changed since the ability was implemented.
    The direction you will fly is 180 degrees opposite to the direction your client thinks your character is facing at the time you pressed your disengage button.
    When the server makes your character disengage it will be from the height that your client currently thinks you are.

For example with 250ms, if I want to disengage forwards; I jump, spin 180 (or 90 when strafing), press disengage, 250ms later I will fly forwards, in the mean time I can spin back around and ideally I'm at the apex of my jump when it goes off so I will go the maximum distance. In practice to get maximum distance I need to pres disengage immediately after jumping, which doesn't leave time to accurately spin 180, so my disengages are usually a bit short :'(

I don't know what is causing your innacurate disengages. Home/World server doesn't mean much, Home is just where chat/AH and stuff is handled. I'd guess you're just rusty. Pracitice in town now that you can do it out of combat, when I'm bored I find myself jumping around trying to disengage as fast/accurate/far as possible.
    Last edited by mediic; 2013-12-07 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    What is that vault animation? I can't find it anywhere.
    Ignore the guy talking. Seriously, mute him. But the animation would need to be seriously slowed down to match disengage's speed.

Last edited by eschatological; 2013-12-07 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    I don't like the idea of a forwards disengage, it's fun how it is and requires a little skill to use accurately. But damn if a strafe disengage doesn't sound completely badass. Throw in a matrix-esque cartwheel and I'm sold.

I agree that out of combat 7 sec CD disengage is the best thing in 5.4.
    I don't get why everything have to have a high skill cap?

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want a moving forward disengage. I use it more for legitimately jumping away from something more than actually moving towards it. Also, any hunter worth their salt should know how to do the jump-spin shot. Instead of shooting, you just disengage mid spin. It's very easy.

Also, you can strafe->jump if you know how to do it correctly. It helps that I replace the keyboard turning buttons (A + D) to strafe left and right respectively.

Deleted
    I came back to the game after stopping in 5.2 and had to start a new account since I moved down under from Europe. Let me tell you that ooc disengage makes leveling a lot easier and a LOT funnier.

I disengage sideways out of desecrated weapons all the time. It's the same theory as forward disengaging.

I know it's not a 5.4 change persay but the 4 piece tier bonus for SV makes me very happy as it allows me to just stay SV on all SoO fights and stay competitive/ahead of BM even on single target fights. Basically I get to play my favored spec for every fight for a change.

Deleted
    Removing readiness

OoC disengage and removing readiness.

OoC Disengage has really amplified my between pull ADHD...

been wanting ooc disengage for so long...ty Blizz

Deleted
    Yea i agree with OoC disengage.. It's great. I logged on my balance druid after having had a break from playing it and guess what.. They still cant use their moonkin Wild charge backwards bounce OoC.. I was so sad. Then i logged back on my hunter.

OOC Disengage... welcome back, Patch 3.0.2 version (minus the "must have a target" requirement).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    Agreed. The disengage buff is super fun in any environment now. It makes everything easier lol.

Easily one of my favorite changes. However, making a movement change in the direction you are moving would be much more ideal, similar to that glyph with Blink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh it is pretty good.
    I like it best for world pvp, now there is nowhere to hide.
    Simply disenage just befoure you hit the ground.
    Could do it befoure ofc, but one would risk getting out of combat during the fall and go splat.
    Now latency is your only enemy.

Esspecially fun at 70-80, where one ss dot is op/broken enough to kill on its own.
    Pretty funny to see how everyone instinctivly tries to fly higher.
    Druids in particular, obviusly thinking rejuv is going to fix it. Hillarius when it rains druids.