Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Overall, Mages, Warlocks and Rogues are the best, just like every patch this expansion.
    It's funny how much these two are flying under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Probably because it's not even close to being correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Sims are never a good idea of what is currently the best spec/class to play.
    Sims are a very good idea of what is currently the "best" spec/class, if used in combination with parses and combat logs. Any of these used on their own won't do you much good.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Since when? Mages and Rogues have been just as OP this tier as the 2 before.

Probably because it's not even close to being correct.
    Feel free to enlighten me then. Rogues are better than both Enhc and WW Monks which are their melee counterparts, Mages have both Fire and Arcane doing good singletarget dps, and Mage bombs are incredibly OP for cleaving/AoE.

They're not 'flying under the radar' Warlocks are just better in most situations.
    I don't get all the Warlock hype. They are good yes, but not any more OP than the other mentioned classes. Did ppl miss the fact that Aff has been nerfed twice since SoO launced? They were godmode before the nerfs yes, but now they are nothing special (compared to the other top classes).

The only situations Warlocks are flat out better than Mages, is heavy multidotting (Protectors being the only fight this tier since Malorok adds die too fast) and sustained AoE (Galakras and Garrosh p1). In any other situation, Mages are just as strong. Rogue is melee, so that's not comapreable to Locks, but still, I would hardly call the overall best melee class "overshadowed" by anything.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2013-12-06 at 02:51 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Ferals with a little bit of RNG on their side are unbeatable single target.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    I don't get all the Warlock hype. They are good yes, but not any more OP than the other mentioned classes. Did ppl miss the fact that Aff has been nerfed twice since SoO launced? They were godmode before the nerfs yes, but now they are nothing special (compared to the other top classes).
    Great but destro got buffed to replace affli.

Mages and rogues are good yes, but feral > rogues and locks > mages.

Sure rogues are beating all the other melee specs but that doesn't mean much when they lose noticeably to ferals and destros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/MPFNhq1.gif

Brewmasters > All other tanks
    Warlocks > All other DPS
    Disc Priests > All other healers
    Lol that gif .

Warlocks are pretty great on cleave fights and encounters with more than one targets, which is around 90% of the current tier. On single target, rogues are amazing along with mages. Mages also do well on burst AoE, like on Dark Shaman. Our hunter also does really well and so does our feral druid. For AoE fights, like Galakras and Spoils, elemantal shamans are great as well.

For DPS picking a pure class is your safest bet, though.

feral druids, rogues, enh shaman, followed by warlocks, hunters, ret pally, mages, and spriests. warlocks are clearly ahead for the 2 long multi target fights, and hunters are top specifically for thok (they are the only class with no downtime on dps).

but really if you want to go top 1 it's feral druid for single target, warlock for multi target, hunter for just thok.
    Last edited by fiestatastic; 2013-12-06 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    feral druids, rogues, ret pallies, enh shaman, followed by warlocks, hunters, mages, and spriests. warlocks are clearly ahead for the 2 long multi target fights, and hunters are top specifically for thok (they are the only class with no downtime on dps).

but really if you want to go top 1 it's feral druid for single target, warlock for multi target, hunter for just thok.
    Ignoring that you put enh shaman and hunter (they're sorta middle so I guess it could be possible..), how on earth did you get ret pallies and spriests as top?
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Dunno about anyone else, but destro lock is easy to top meters. Any lock pretty much.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Ignoring that you put enh shaman and hunter (they're sorta middle so I guess it could be possible..), how on earth did you get ret pallies and spriests as top?
    ret pally, spriest, and enh shaman in my run are upper dps, and logs show both classes with good representation in top 10, so I'm assuming it must not be just them, esp since none of the ones in my group have ranking logs. hunters are just pretty good on all the fights, and then clearly the best class for thok.

I feel pretty good on the warrior this tier with bladestorm, arms cleave and decent single target just behind our feral.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    I feel pretty good on the warrior this tier with bladestorm, arms cleave and decent single target just behind our feral.
    Just FYI, arms is by far the worst single target DPS out of the 23 specs. If you have comparable weapons, you should see an increase of approximately 50% by switching to Fury. Feral is one of the highest DPS specs right now, about on par with fury (also 50% better than arms).

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    Just FYI, arms is by far the worst single target DPS out of the 23 specs. If you have comparable weapons, you should see an increase of approximately 50% by switching to Fury. Feral is one of the highest DPS specs right now, about on par with fury (also 50% better than arms).
    Ofcourse I'm fury for single target only using arms for cleave. If I was arms I wouldn't be just behind our feral

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Sims are never a good idea of what is currently the best spec/class to play.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/

Current averages of top 100 parses per spec. Warlocks are very strong in single target/cleave rotations, Feral druids are extremely strong, mages are also strong.

If you want pure single target, http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Iron_Jugg...14/60/default/.
    top 100 parses are usually cheesed to achieve.
    Like letting 3 waves of adds spawn until you aoe all of them down etc.

Deleted
    nice how people start posting their own experiences, where objective facts have already been posted as far back as post 2&3.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    ret pally, spriest, and enh shaman in my run are upper dps, and logs show both classes with good representation in top 10, so I'm assuming it must not be just them, esp since none of the ones in my group have ranking logs. hunters are just pretty good on all the fights, and then clearly the best class for thok.
    Across first 11 top 10 25 hc:
    2 ret paladins
    1 shadow priest
    0 enh shaman

Across first 11 top 10 10 hc:
    3 ret paladins
    1 shadow priest
    1 enh shaman

good representation WHERE? It is just your guild. It is not representative.

Class balance is better right now than at any other time I can remember since I started playing this game. Locks are still the best. Run two if possible in 10 man and everything will fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    Class balance is better right now than at any other time I can remember since I started playing this game. Locks are still the best. Run two if possible in 10 man and everything will fall over.
    You started in 5.4 then. Class balance is the worst (read: most extreme, largest difference/disparity/range) it has been since wrath launched.