Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You started in 5.4 then. Class balance is the worst (read: most extreme, largest difference/disparity/range) it has been since wrath launched.
    On average I believe that it is some of the best class balancing it has been. Only those two specs (one warr dps and marks hunters) are not viable for progression. However many specs scale WAY better than the others with good trinket procs, which makes up the difference you see represented in Logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    Just FYI, arms is by far the worst single target DPS out of the 23 specs. If you have comparable weapons, you should see an increase of approximately 50% by switching to Fury. Feral is one of the highest DPS specs right now, about on par with fury (also 50% better than arms).
    The gain is not close to being that significant, though yes, Fury is definitely better single target. You're probably looking at Raidbots, and since so few people play Arms on single target fights it suffers from spec bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    On average I believe that it is some of the best class balancing it has been. Only those two specs (one warr dps and marks hunters) are not viable for progression. However many specs scale WAY better than the others with good trinket procs, which makes up the difference you see represented in Logs.
    Yes, 30%+ disparity (ignoring the 2 specs mentioned) is normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Locks pretty much but everything comes down to the player nowadays its not about the class, game is balanced in pve.
    Except the actual hero class which is Warlock. They just dominate everything PvE related right now.
    Last edited by Feali; 2013-12-07 at 05:53 PM.

I really doubt that warlock is #1 without AOE-affliction spec. If you cant beat destrolock ST...
    Also the most unbalanced classes are DK+AFFLOCK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    I really doubt that warlock is #1 without AOE-affliction spec. If you cant beat destrolock ST...
    I don't even... wat?

I don't think I've ever lost to our DK (not counting times I died and he didn't), though I could just be misremembering. And I'm pretty sure I've only seldom lost to the Warlocks.

Rogue > Warlock > Warrior imo.

Rogues, Warlocks, Ferals, Enhancement Shaman, Arcane Mages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Marksman is actually the highest simming Hunter spec under some conditions, such as having all normal gear (561) and getting a heroic warforged weapon from protectors on your first kill. Though you also need to know how to play the spec. The three specs are all pretty close to eachother but they're all considerably lower than Warlocks/Ferals/Rogues/Enhance.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-12-08 at 10:01 PM.

I always wondered what the point of the rogues dps was when a feral druid can best it and bring far more utility ?

I think it puts a lot of pressure on rogues ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles View Post
    I always wondered what the point of the rogues dps was when a feral druid can best it and bring far more utility ?

1. Ferals being above rogues is not common, most patches rogues are the top melee
    2. Rogues utility is comparable to feral. Smokebomb is one of the most amazing cd's there is on some fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Warlocks, warlocks and warlocks.

Common! Which patch did you play last time? 3.0? Every class has raid utility already. Damn class unification.

I haven't played in sometime....but I do remember my guild being tough on recruiting certain classes like Rogues (the leaders hated the class) so If you couldn't pull a significant dps figure above that of a feral, they would not be recruited....

Times Change

Deleted

I recall a thread on the druid forums last tier, describing the exact opposite. Also during that time assassination rogues only had to press like two buttons to get these numbers ;P
    Anyways they both have utility, some of it is just more useful at times. Smokebomb for ToT was insane (lol council).

Deleted
    I don't know the global statistics, but:

In our guild depending on the fight, Monk on Garrosh with his aoe on the adds. In other fights it is usually our Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Both specs just have competing specs that plainly outperform them. Marksmanship is the weakest spec in single target and any AoE situation (clustered, spread or cleave), that means most people will just go with either BM or Survival. It's also the clunkiest of the hunter specs and has the weakest set bonusses.
    Marksmanship can and will outperform Survival/BM on single target (given Survival doesn't get RNG happy and go hard). I feel that MM can burst AOE harder than Survival but that's pretty much it for its AOE, not sure if it does but it feels like it. 2 piece feels severely underpowered while the 4 piece feels adequate.

Doesnt a certain class have to be at the top? I mean its not possible for every class to do the exact same dps. Isnt each class with their best spec still within like 5-10% of eachother? This is balance. Complaining only drives blizzard to make all classes more and more the same. Like how buffs are spread out now instead of only a few buffing classes. WE WANT IT THE WAY IT IS! If warlock dps is really that much better nobody would take anything but warlocks right?. Sure warlocks have the highest dps on a lot of fights but honestly they are only slightly ahead of other classes. At the very end game when everyone has the BiS a class has to be on top. Whats it matter? We're all having fun arent we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks, rogues, mages and feral. It's been almost the same the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post

If you mean affliction is abnormally high and both DK specs abnormally low, then yes you are correct. If you mean something else.......

Because rogues still do amazing damage and have the best personal survivability of any melee? Being able to stand in or soak stuff that other melee cannot because lolfeint to increase your uptime can result in more overall damage done.

currently the RL of a semi casual guild, 10/14HC at the moment.

In my group:

Top tiers: Warlock , enhance shaman. hunter
    Between top and middle, depending on fight: rogue mage
    Middle tiers: Shadow Priest
    Bottom: DK