Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard called it Tourist mode at blizzcon for a reason, they plan to make it even easier, so I doubt this will be needed next expansion.

So I guess LFR heroes have fun in " Tourist mode" I love how they called it that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Yes, they are wrong because WoW is not a professional sport. What do you care if a player is bad at WoW? Heroic raids are for the good players, normal ones are for mediocre ones, and LFR is for everyone else. If you don't want to play with everyone else then don't play with everyone else. Quit trying to dictate how everyone else plays and their level of dedication to the game.
    It surprised to see someone who actually want to play with afkers/bads. As you said, you can waste all your time with them, but please stoping trying to hold others who want to play a better game back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Blizzard called it Tourist mode at blizzcon for a reason, they plan to make it even easier, so I doubt this will be needed next expansion.

So I guess LFR heroes have fun in " Tourist mode" I love how they called it that :P
    Since when does "Tourist mode" start to give free loots?

I think most of the LFR problems would be solved, if the people that make these threads just stop queuing for it.

They always seem to imply that they carry their weight, so there is presumably nothing stopping them from running flex (starting their own if needed), and the better gear is surely more appealing than LFR.

Outside transmog, I can't think of a single reason why these folks choose to run LFR anymore at all. It's not efficient for valor, the gear is crap, the company they are already complaining about. Why do it if it isn't fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Wow I never knew time constraints mean you also suck when you are online.

Nobody is asking for min/max level dps. They want the kind of dps that shows basic understanding of your class, gemming end enchanting, and knowing the encounter.

It was made for casual players yes, but the only people this system would kick are bads.

Why are people in LFR if they don't like it? Becaus there is nothing else to do. Because LFR has replaced dungeons this expansion, flex pugs on openraid/trade are only during certain times, Oqueue is a terrible addon, and people play on both factions, so their alts might not be able to group with their friends.

Oh yea, and all te stuff you LFRetards would cling to until death. Take out
    -any upgrades from last tier normal
    -legendary items
    -tier bonuses
    -weapons
    -trinkets
    And I promise you far less people would complain about it. But "see the content" somehow became gimme gimme more loot.
    Here's the thing though, and I know this will be hard for you to understand, so I will speak slowly for you:

This kind of thing would break the purpose of LFR. LFR is as much a learning tool as it is other's endgame content. If you are min/maxing LFR, you are doing it wrong, and LFR just shouldn't be your endgame. LFR is not for you, just leave it. Unless you are hitting berserk timers, low dps is not your problem. Often times, new players get turned off to lfr, because of the vitriol spewed out of gaping holes, like yourself, when they die to a new encounter. So, that guy who isn't doing terribly great, but meets the lfr ilvl requirement gets to stay and YOU can ragequit and let the raid breath a sigh of relief. If you think LFR is broken, get into flex with the rest of us. Flex is great despite how bad oqueue is perceived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfover87 View Post
    Stop finding excuses. Wanna learn your class? How about doing that before you start queueing for LFR? You have the options of running dungeons and scenarios or practising on target dummies.
    Wow that was kinda slightly unnecessary. I know my class very well; and oops, I'm private and LFR isn't even much used there and just think it's stupid to punish all people the same no matter if it's LFR or anything else. But retail community is of course notoriously bad tempered.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Are they wrong when people are actually bad?
    They are wrong to judge people according to their own standards. Generally speaking, people doing LFR are not as good as people doing heroic raids. That is why they are doing LFR.

I don't do heroic raids. I don't have the time, dedication, skill whatever for heroic raids. I raid in the appropriate level for me. I don't need some heroic raiders to tell me I suck simply because I am not doing the same kind of HPS/DPS as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fim View Post
    I think most of the LFR problems would be solved, if the people that make these threads just stop queuing for it.

They always seem to imply that they carry their weight, so there is presumably nothing stopping them from running flex (starting their own if needed), and the better gear is surely more appealing than LFR.

Outside transmog, I can't think of a single reason why these folks choose to run LFR anymore at all. It's not efficient for valor, the gear is crap, the company they are already complaining about. Why do it if it isn't fun.
    I ran it for legendary cloak questlines. And this is one of the many "single reason" for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Wow that was kinda slightly unnecessary. I know my class very well; and oops, I'm private and LFR isn't even much used there and just think it's stupid to punish all people the same no matter if it's LFR or anything else. But retail community is of course notoriously bad tempered.
    Its not a permanent removal. I dont see why you called it a "punishment". It is more like a reminder. People can queue again and be better next time.

Your dps thresholds are too high, a quick perusal of Epeen bots shows me at ~ 70k dps on heroic fights from when I would have been 505 ilvl in the 75+ percentiles ( heroic fights chosen to remove bad players). Of course it's to be expected anytime someone post their dps on forums you should take it at 3/4th

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    They are wrong to judge people according to their own standards. Generally speaking, people doing LFR are not as good as people doing heroic raids. That is why they are doing LFR.

I don't do heroic raids. I don't have the time, dedication, skill whatever for heroic raids. I raid in the appropriate level for me. I don't need some heroic raiders to tell me I suck simply because I am not doing the same kind of HPS/DPS as they are.
    No one is asking you to do "the same kind of HPS/DPS" as heroic players. Read the original post again please.

10+ Year Old Account
    The concept is good, and could work, but not the way you described it.

What we really need is a way to ditch all the AFK guys or people just auto attacking while they watch judge judy on there other monitor.

Maybe have a threshold that compares your overall damage done over time with everyone else, with a minimum of at least 1 minute of in combat time.

So for example, you start boss fight, everyone is doing there thing. Sally two tits is over in the corner auto attacking, after one minute the system recognizes she's doing 10% of the damage that the mean damage is doing.

Ill admit that im a fairly well geared mage, but I can do 130k spamming frostbolt, there's no excuse for being below 70k. And the "not knowing your class" excuse, you just had 90 levels for that. I'm all for this idea.

Only way to solve the LFR problem is to remove LFR. Or remove things like tier and trinkets so nobody has any reason to be there except the afker casuals.

Ok, since DPS is what matters and not damage. Ill just burst my ret with 450k then go afk.

Seriously, what is needed is something that keeps track of a players efficiency, and if they play really horrible it should tell them.

On fights like Immerseus my Balance druid only ends with like 67k dps, and im 507 ilvl. I have kind of bad trinkets, and my weapon is still 491 because one won't drop.

So, no. I think if it is blatantly obvious they are not doing anything then they should be auto kicked. But it should tell them why, and if they are bad at their damage priority then it should tell them what they need to do.

Funny thing is, my destro lock is weaker and can hold a steady 90k on Immerseus..

Deleted
    This is a dumb idea, but they DO need to make it easier to remove people.

Blizzard has provided far too many shields for bad players and too many restrictions on people trying to improve the play experience. My timer for kicking people is over 4 hours - consistently. I cannot vote or initiate kicks anymore, and have had several experiences as of late where people seem to be acting like asswipes, safe in the knowledge that most of the raid can't get rid of them because of constant combat, long-cooldowns or other forms of immunity.

You should be able to boot mid-combat with enough votes and there should be _NO_ cooldowns or other restrictions, it just makes kicking bad players harder and harder until it's impossible.

They should also incorporate it better into the UI; sometimes you just need that 1 vote to get rid of an afker/griefer but people are so apathetic in LFR or not paying attention that they don't vote. They need to inform the whole raid when somebody is being voted on to speed up the process.

Deleted
    As soon as you sneeze and screw up your rotation, you are punished and kicked mid fight.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Only way to solve the LFR problem is to remove LFR. Or remove things like tier and trinkets so nobody has any reason to be there except the afker casuals.
    This makes more sense than trying to force a standard for LFR. That defeats the whole reason behind why LFR was implemented..

I would be all for removing tier and trinkets, or making the trinkets that drop previous tier trinkets instead of current ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Oh no - we wiped in LFR! The world is ending.
    This.

This right here is the problem. Now I know your post was sarcasm, but too many people behave like the worlds going to end when they wipe in LFR and if they can't stand wiping in LFR, it's no wonder why they don't do normal or heroic raids, where wiping is an integral part of the progression process. You try a boss, see what he does, wipe, adapt, wipe, adapt, etc, etc until it dies and you get loots. If they can't handle wiping in LFR, they can't handle raiding. Period.
    Putin khuliyo

LFR really should just be removed at this point, with the Flex Difficulty being the new normal next expac there is no reason for it to still be here. This crap I hear all the time about "I am casual LFR saved me" is so dumb too, Flex can be completed QUICKER than LFR is currently being completed, hell I could probably finish 11-12 bosses on normal before 4 bosses in LFR died, its just pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is low? If I que up on an ilvl 575 character should you get kicked because you're not matching me on the DPS meter on your alt?

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    LFR really should just be removed at this point, with the Flex Difficulty being the new normal next expac there is no reason for it to still be here. This crap I hear all the time about "I am casual LFR saved me" is so dumb too, Flex can be completed QUICKER than LFR is currently being completed, hell I could probably finish 11-12 bosses on normal before 4 bosses in LFR died, its just pathetic.
    It's quicker because you tend to get better players in Flex and don't have afker's... If you had the same people in LFR as you have in Flex it wouldn't be near as quick...