Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post
    You're listing vanity items as an accomplishment casuals made?
    Every new expansion blizzard brings, the game gets dumbed down and every since the game got dumbed down, it's been losing subscriptions, so yea the casual player might be the biggest group now, but only because the hardcore ppl are losing interest into a game you are destroying by making it more & more casual!
    Sounds a bit elitist to me. But that is ok, cause I am a casual, and I ask for casual stuff all the time. In fact, I don't have a single toon above 515 ilvl. If we are ruining it for you, and we are obviously a majority, it might be time to move to a new game and yell at new people.

Deleted
    Too many people are too quick to call others Elitist, simply because they want to give you some tips on how to improve.

***********Sigh*************

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    No one has the right to yell at anyone else. Did you pay for my Game and Expacs? Do you pay for my service? Do you see me screaming at you for killing stuff too fast? No. Wanna know why? Cause I pay to play my way and can't stand assholes who think they have the ENTITLEMENT to yell at other people in a video game. They need to get a grip. If they can't stand the casuals, they need to move on to Wildstar, or whatever other elitist game is coming along.
    Isn't this thread just a slightly more lucid version of exactly what you're describing?

You're publicly complaining about people, telling them that they're worthless & they should nick off because you're entitled to enjoy the game the way you want.

I mean I'm all for people being nice to each other. But I don't think this approach you're taking here is much more than pot-calling-kettle-black venting.

I don't really know how you're defining "Elitists" here, maybe you should make a definition before ranting about it.

You seem to mean, by "Elitist" - you mean good players, geared players, hardcore players.

Well, gee thanks I guess, for sweeping us all under the same rug? I run LFR on my main for Valor or out of boredom. I can either solo heal them, or bring 400-500k DPS to the fight. And I never say a god damn word. Because I don't really care, it's not my content. You don't come to my Heroic raids and yell at me, why should I come to your LFR and yell at you. Pointless. Same applies when I do LFR on my alts. They may not bring the same numbers, but my 515 boomkin still does more damage than the 540 warlock next to me, and I still don't complain, I just play the damn game. Maybe you should too.

But since you so despise any player with even a hint of hardcore in them, I'm sure you'll enjoy LFR when the huge amount of hardcore raider alts disappear, and your wipe rate goes up by orders of magnitude.

Maybe you need to realize that the people kicking and screaming in LFR are usually casuals just like yourself - or tryhards that think they're cool but in fact are just as average. Rarely if ever have I seen a hardcore raider speak, much less yell, in LFR.

Your beloved casuals make the majority of the kicking and screaming in LFR, you're the ones who make it an uncomfortable experience. Most of us hardcore players just want to finish the instance with the least amount of drama, as efficiently as possible. Screaming at people accomplishes neither of those things.

Get over yourself.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    Too many people are too quick to call others Elitist, simply because they want to give you some tips on how to improve.

That is not what we're talking about at all...

This right here is an elitist.
    What Keske said is 100% true, the 5% doesn't give a shit if you're pulling 300k or 30k, it's the other 95% that includes the equally bad players that you call "elitists".

Anyways, what's stopping you from getting better at the game? not saying what "elitists" do is right, but seriously, getting decent at this game is NOT that hard (i was able to pick my Ret spec back up after not playing it since the start of MoP and doing 150k dps, granted i'm 549 ilvl with it, but regardless, all it took was a quick read of a guide). honestly maybe what the people doing 20k dps need IS someone yelling at them, seeing as nothing else seems to work (not saying yelling does, but still).

Deleted

Nobody has once called a friendly mature helpful member elitist

10+ Year Old Account
    While I support the idea as a whole I don't see a way to implement it.

Also if I see that option to queue with either an "elitist group" or a "casual group" elitist will win every single time by leaps and bounds. And why would people not queue for the elitist? It's going to be faster and if you don't have to deal with people who defend doing 100 dps with "lol its just a game" all the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    You seem to mean, by "Elitist" - you mean good players, geared players, hardcore players.
    Wrong. He posted a definition on page 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Or you could do it the other way around and kick all of the noobs? Either way, elitists and shit players are here to stay, whether you're on one side or the other. Personally i'd prefer to have both groups erased from existance.
    Hate to break it to you, but THAT makes you more of an elitist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    If I go into LFR right this second, my group will have people that don't know any of the fights in SoO and will not have watched 1 video, or read 1 word on a forum, or even so much as glanced at a picture in the dungeon journal about any of the boss's, but if I call that kid out I'll probably be called an elitist.
    Oh and you know the funny part? If you go afk for like a try, that kid, eventhou he's clueless, is gonna act like an elite and call you out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    I don't really know how you're defining "Elitists" here, maybe you should make a definition before ranting about it.

Well, gee thanks I guess, for sweeping us all under the same rug? I run LFR on my main for Valor or out of boredom. I can either solo heal them, or bring 400-500k DPS to the fight. And I never say a god damn word. Because I don't really care, it's not my content. You don't come to my Heroic raids and yell at me, why should I come to your LFR and yell at you. Pointless. Same applies when I do LFR on my alts. They may not bring the same numbers, but my 515 boomkin still does more damage than the 540 warlock next to me, and I still don't complain, I just play the damn game. Maybe you should too.

But since you so despise any player with even a hint of hardcore in them, I'm sure you'll enjoy LFR when the huge amount of hardcore raider alts disappear, and your wipe rate goes up by orders of magnitude.

Maybe you need to realize that the people kicking and screaming in LFR are usually casuals just like yourself - or tryhards that think they're cool but in fact are just as average. Rarely if ever have I seen a hardcore raider speak, much less yell, in LFR.

Your beloved casuals make the majority of the kicking and screaming in LFR, you're the ones who make it an uncomfortable experience. Most of us hardcore players just want to finish the instance with the least amount of drama, as efficiently as possible. Screaming at people accomplishes neither of those things.

Get over yourself.
    It's amazing how people even need to have the definition shoved in their face

15+ Year Old Account
    Why should the 95% majority of casuals have to tolerate the 5% of elitists? Maybe they should change queues to be "Hardcore" or "Casual". Then we can filter them as soon as they join the LF(whatever).
    Because they carry your group. They are the difference between you spending 1.5 hours in LFR instead of 4. Now don't get me wrong, if you have the time to waste wiping, which i think you don't considering that you're in LFR and not in your own guild progressing, there's nothing wrong with spending 4 hours on a wing of LFR because you wiped 9 times on the trash mobs before garrosh. (which has happened to me last week, 45 minutes on trash mobs)

Here's the thing: i keep seeing these threads and posts made by goody two shoes everyday, constantly preaching feel-good things like "i'll take a friendly bad player everyday over an elitist douchebag very good player". I even see ghostcrawler saying the same thing, which is so shamelessly aimed at the very same people when in reality, you want the person best for the job, not the one who is all about pretty pink ponies, love and group hugs. If the stars align, and the best person for the job is also about hugging pink ponies, then that's even better. But you need to realize that a scenario like that is unlikely to happen, especially in an environment such as LFR.

I would take 24 very good douchebags over 24 clueless people in a heartbeat, any day of the week. Why? The worst that happens with 24 douchebags is that they will scream at each other about each other's moms while over-performing and spamming dps/healing meters. The worst thing that can happen if i take 24 clueless people is that my evening is wasted. I can ignore/mute assholes with a few clicks, but i cannot improve the performance of others with a few clicks, and at the end of the day, i queued to get the raids done.

Last night i had a little green gnome warlock spouting some profanities in chat at klaxxi, calling everybody all sorts of special terms because nobody was marking dps targets, but nobody said a thing, including me. Why was that? I was pulling about 200k on my ret pally while he was at 350k. There were 2 more players above 100k, but the rest weren't even close. Common sense tells you to keep quiet when you're basically getting boosted.

And please, keep hashtags on twitter. It's the same as greentexting outside of 4chan.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2013-12-05 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

If someone is being genuinely nice, and honestly trying to assist, they are not an elitist. They are friendly and helpful like some of the high end raiders in my guild. When someone says, "Delete your toon, uninstall, and kill yourself cause you suck you noob scrub!"... THAT is an elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    What do you define as an elitist though? if it's just someone that yells at people in LFR because they're bad, then fine, i agree. On the other hand, i consider myself somewhat of an elitist, i hate seeing bad, if you're going to do LFR/Flex/Normal atleast have the brains to look up a guide before hand, but i also like to HELP people when i see they're bad, mainly other tanks (because i do that as my MS).
    An elitist by definition is someone who:

* Has an overly-inflated opinion on their skill level, whether warranted or not (e.g. you could be in Method and be a nice player, and therefore not an elitist, or be in some #500 guild who managed to get a top WoL parse on a gimmick fight and be a total douchebag to everyone as a result)
    * Is quick to ridicule and/or judge others who aren't at the same skill level, generally with posting meters or calling others "bads" or "scrubs" for not hitting some arbitrary mark
    * Expect (nay, demand) people to be at the same skill level or insult them
    * Be generally rude or unhelpful due to your inflated ego

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Because they carry your group. They are the difference between you spending 1.5 hours in LFR instead of 4.
    Would rather spend 4 hours wiping with friendly people than 4 minutes with a douchebag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's amazing how people even need to have the definition shoved in their face
    Yeah, it seems a lot of anger is rising because of it.

OP, maybe add the definition to the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    ^this, exactly, elistist wishes for performance not screaming at bad people who doesn't want to learn anything. That is called another mad boss kid.

Also if some people could stop thinking elistists are all jerks, we might be able someday to help others in an helpful way.
    That isnt an elitist. Someone who strives for 'good' performance is simply a decent raider. Someone who won't stop until their character is perfect for its role in every way, big and small, is a min maxer. Elitists are just cunts. They can be LFR noobs with no gems, they can be Method players, they can be anyone and everyone.

Being a 11/14 HC 25 man raider who has multiple rank 2-5s on 25 HC bosses, i consider myself a pretty decent player and a good warrior. I've had LFR players with no gems yell at me while doing 50k dps for tanking in DPS gear, pulling too many mobs, etc. Keep in mind i've never died once as a tank in LFR with the exception being raid wipes and eventually being the last one to die.

Elitists are people who shout at you while simultaneously doing exactly what they're insulting you for.

Like i said in my previous post, if there is a magical button that erases all Elitists, stick another one on to erase all noobs too.

And just to clarify, i don't use 'noob' as 'new player', even though thats what it is suppose to mean, the internet has turned it into a name for shit players who never get better. New players can learn to play a lot of the time, 5 - 6 year vets of the game who are still keyboard turning and clicking, can't.

So #StopUsingHashtagsOnMMOC and #RemoveAllElitistsAndNoobs

Iprefer the opposite. Remove everyone not up to standards. If you don't do sufficient DPS, if are in the middle or BFE of BG's for a certain amount of time, if you get hit by 3+ BAD mechanics then you instantly get kicked.

It sounds like OP doesn't want to put in the time or effort to make things happen, he's just along for the free kills.