Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think a better solution is for people to grow up and when one person starts to insult or be condescending to another instead of staying quite they need to tell that person they need to stop that kind of behavior. When im in a LFR and someone starts that crap i whisper them to stop an remind them its LFR, a game an to act mature or leave. Also, people need to stop jumping on the drama train and supporting that kind of behavior. It seems like once one jerk starts up five other start in also even though they have no clue what is going on.

Stop trying to rely on Blizzard for a solution and start thinking on your own. If in real life if you saw someone bullying someone else who makes a innocent mistake or etc..., would you join in and bully them them also? would you walk away and ignore it? or would you defend the person being bullied? Same response should apply to the digital world.

If everyone started to put the bullies in their place they would slowly disappear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Interpret it any way you like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    The irony is in your failure to follow the thread. I don't care if someone gets called out. I care about HOW they are called out.
    Really? and yet you have no qualms about calling them out the way you did in your OP much in the same manor you are denouncing in your OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sozo View Post
    I think a better solution is for people to grow up and when one person starts to insult or be condescending to another instead of staying quite they need to tell that person they need to stop that kind of behavior.

If everyone started to put the bullies in their place they would slowly disappear.
    You get it, please explain it to some of the others still misinterpreting this thread

No problem. Google is your friend. I just don't have all day to list people in a forum.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not disagree with that statement. If he failed, it was on him.
    The point is, there's confidence in one's self to know your abilities and be able to put those into effect. The things I'm good at, I know I'm good at, and I'm not going to play some pseudo-humility game and pretend otherwise. And my statement was to make a point, not to brag.

Just because I know that I'm good at certain things and I make those things happen better than most, doesn't mean that there aren't other things I'm not so good at. And then there are people that are actually better than me, and those are the people I learn from, and hopefully, eventually surpass them.

While I agree that there are people who feel that they're better than others out of some delusion (Kanye West anyone?), and there are others who may be better than others but are so arrogant about it that you just don't give a shit (jerks), there are others who just want to be good at what they do. Not to disrespect others, but out of respect for themselves.

People who think they are better than others are usually jerks.
    That doesn't mean you can tell they are jerks. You're complaining about jerks... elitist or not.

Do you even have proof that elitist are usually jerks?

Interpret it any way you like.
    Interpret it any way i like? You failed to provide evidence for such an absurd claim and instead listed names of a few people . I'm not quite sure how "Hitler" is a valid response to your "usually people who think they are better than other people are jerks" when i asked you to prove how the majority of people who do indeed think that are jerks. The fact that you never even caught on to the fact that "jerk" is completely subjective leads me to question your "critical thinking skills".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Really? and yet you have no qualms about calling them out the way you did in your OP much in the same manor you are denouncing in your OP.
    And yet when I called them out, I never told them to:

1) Delete their characters
    2) Uninstall the game
    3) Kill themselves and do the world a favor

If I did, please feel free to quote it here for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be good at the game. It's not hard.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    Just be good at the game. It's not hard.
    ^This!

Plus, this is how the end of the world will start.. the baddies want the pros out because their too lazy to learn the game.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Then they should be warned and kicked... by people acting like adults. It is just a game. There is no need to escalate to extreme anger. Just vote kick them and be done with it. I neither support their right to suck, nor the asshole's right to blow his top because of a short fuse.
    There are actually too many to vote kick.

The vote kick system is throttled so that if you try to kick substantially more than the average person, you get locked out of being able to vote kick for progressively longer periods of time.

In my experience, attempting to vote kick people who have sub 30k dps & an 80%+ active time while in a DPS role will lock you out of being able to votekick within about 4-8 wings of LFR. That's from personal experience on multiple characters.

Freeloading is rampant in LFR and it's not currently possible to solve it with votekicking.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2013-12-06 at 05:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I'm not an elitist by any measure, and I am very patient and forgiving of people whom are trying their best to learn fights and improve. People, such as yourself, I have no problem with.

It's people whom constantly and consistently fail to perform basic tasks (like the basic level of DPS required by the raid to hit an enrage timer, or moving out of the enormous red death mark on the floor) and, worst yet, make it perfectly clear they have no interest in even attempting to improve.
    The ones whom ignore the tactics when they are kindly explained very simply by other raid members, so they don't even have to open the dungeon log.
    The ones whom insist on nuking General Nazgrim during Defensive Stance, that insist on not attacking the Skull during Paragons of the Klaxxi.

These players are the ones that help introduce the toxic attitude that dominates LFR. They make the raid unnecessarily difficult for the other players, whom may not be uber geared or super skilled, but are at least doing their best.

These players are the ones with whom I can lose patience with, and they deserve it.
    Word..

Sometimes I lose it during LFR, and call out people to shape the F-up or get out... It's extremely provoking when you notice someone/a couple of people being just retarded, on purpose it often feels like, causing wipes in absurd-um. As a healer, whom pretty much usually carry the whole thing together with another healer or two (if lucky) the tanks and a handful of DPSers notice it very quickly when DPSers/other healers are just ignoring tactics.... I also dislike those who obviously leech on the rest, I wish it could be easier to kick them.

Even if I'm over geared I can run out of mana due to idiots, and sadly that is a guaranteed wipe if I do. It's rare you have a whole healer team doing their "job" usually it's as I said me or one more... So, when we wipe for the fifth time, first trying to explain and guide people after each wipe? Well excuse me for calling people what they deserves to be called. And yes, I do consider myself elitist - but I'm only a rude elitist after losing my temper and that's on YOU if I do.

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    There are actually too many to vote kick.

The vote kick system is throttled so that if you try to kick substantially more than the average person, you get locked out of being able to vote kick for progressively longer periods of time.

In my experience, attempting to vote kick people who have sub 30k dps while in a DPS role & an 80%+ active time will lock you out of being able to votekick within about 4-8 wings of LFR. That's from personal experience on multiple characters.

Freeloading is rampant in LFR and it's not currently possible to solve it with votekicking.
    Thats why we need better tools to help deal with the situation. Not only do we need a better reporting/kicking feature I think having proving grounds being a requirement for future LFR content (set it to bronze for each role have it account wide, if you role select as DPS you need to pass through Bronze proving grounds and as long as your ilevel is meeting the requirement you enter LFR!)

Irony is I am torn between doing LFR for titan rune stones (here is hoping I get the last 4!) and a shoulder upgrade. Or Hearthstone/Xcom this weekend. Tough times!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    How is making a raid wipe due to terrible dps or lack of mechanic knowledge not disrupting LFR?
    Where did I say in my posts that bads don't disrupt LFR? Point is though, LFR is the place to learn for them. There are a lot of players that don't understand they should use skills/spells on every gcd, need to pool their cooldowns for certain mechanics (berserk stance nazgrim), certain adds need to be prioritized, etc. That being said, some of this can be learned from running dungeons, but eh, thanks to timeless isle, people are going from world questing to ToT and SoO LFR. Point being that unless you are wiping on berserk timers or certain adds aren't dying, it's almost never the dps's fault.

Deleted
    And yet when I called them out, I never told them to:

1) Delete their characters
    2) Uninstall the game
    3) Kill themselves and do the world a favor

If I did, please feel free to quote it here for me.
    What makes you think it are elitist players who say these things. You put a tag on players without goog reasoning, every asshole is an elitist it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Thats why we need better tools to help deal with the situation. Not only do we need a better reporting/kicking feature I think having proving grounds being a requirement for future LFR content (set it to bronze for each role have it account wide, if you role select as DPS you need to pass through Bronze proving grounds and as long as your ilevel is meeting the requirement you enter LFR!)

Irony is I am torn between doing LFR for titan rune stones (here is hoping I get the last 4!) and a shoulder upgrade. Or Hearthstone/Xcom this weekend. Tough times!
    I'm going to play Wildstar beta! >:P

Suck iiiiitttttt. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    What makes you think it are elitist players who say these things. You put a tag on players without goog reasoning, every asshole is an elitist it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to play Wildstar beta! >:P

Suck iiiiitttttt. xD
    Look at you!

My friend just got into Rome 2 total war. He said last night and I quote "Just gonna have a quick game". I don't think he went to bed very early. XD his email to me at work today was like a novel!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Look at you!

My friend just got into Rome 2 total war. He said last night and I quote "Just gonna have a quick game". I don't think he went to bed very early. XD his email to me at work today was like a novel!
    The last game I went an allnighter was with Borderlands 1. Glorious times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'll never understand why people take LFR more seriously than any Heroic raid encounter.
    This thread is pretty heated, and I admit I was starting to take it seriously too. I don't even like lfr, I prefer flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    The last game I went an allnighter was with Borderlands 1. Glorious times.
    I enjoyed that game for a bit (mad mel was pretty cool) but never really enjoyed as much as I thought. Last proper game I played till the sun came up was XCOM expansion. That shit drew me in like a moth to a flame. Trying an impossible Ironman mode atm failing miserably and loving it.

Then they should be warned and kicked... by people acting like adults. It is just a game. There is no need to escalate to extreme anger. Just vote kick them and be done with it. I neither support their right to suck, nor the asshole's right to blow his top because of a short fuse.
    And if they are kicked the issue is over. But LFR groups don't want to kick bad players any Pvpers don't like to lik random bass because the queue pool is so small that it takes longer to refill. And because the experience sucks fewer queue, an the cycle continues. LFR has screwed itself over in this matter, with some battleground having hour+ queues.

You keep throwing aroun the world adult. Listen here. Just because I'm blunt about how much you suck doesn't mean I'm being childish. I'm not attaching triggerwarnings to every comment I make in trade chat or sugar coating everything I say. What IS childish is not being able to take criticism if I don't interweave compliments or dance around the issue.