Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lets all run with ungemmed and unenchanted gear in LFR, then after failing 6 times cry for nerf at Blizzard.
    People need to respect other people in raid even if that is LFR. If your gear is not gemmed or enchanted then most likely you are not helping your group.
    Thats why i see rogues and mages doing 36 dps in 520 ilvl, thats why i see people dying of not enough healing, thats why i see tanks getting 1 shoted.
    Underperforming is like being afk if you dont contribute to the fight.
    To me It is exactly the same as afk'ing in bg's. People need to learn carrying their own weight. If you can't either educate yourself (via the tons of webpages concerning WoW) or stop playing the game.
    Im not saying that in LFR everyone should be OMG so PRO player Paragon material but dont be that bad that even afk seems a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist

Elitist assholes
    assholes in general
    Shit happens.
    get the fuck over it
    non-asshole casuals

I do agree with..... Wait, who are we removing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Yeah I got my last stone off of him. But then you have to go back and kill him for his heart after that. I plan to be done this weekend too. I'm working my first job from home tomorrow, so I'll be off my other job by 4 and the first "free" evening in a while lol.

Also: add me! Comp#1844
    ive so added you a million times! but will do so again (you are on US and im on EU so it should work right?)

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    ive so added you a million times! but will do so again (you are on US and im on EU so it should work right?)
    *shrug* lol

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    How is it being a douche? If a persons dps is below where it should be it is shitty. They have the gear to do better so they must be doing something wrong.

What would you say to the boomkin doing 44k?

- - - Updated - - -

Dying to the electrified quadrant on Lei Shen. Just standing there and dying. Is that a reason enough?
    But for a new player or someone who didnt know they may not know simply saying you suck would make them not have any idea why they sucked. unless you say how can you suck at this you died to an electrified quadrent! While its a bit too blunt it at least points you in a direction of what went wrong. Or that guy was AFK/a complete git and does not care.

I won't defend people who fail, might try to help or at least point out theres something wrong. I will try to do it with out flaming or insulting (not implying you are just saying!) I get frustrated when I see AFkers people doing shit DPS etc. Sometimes I just want to let rip but whats the point? it will most likely be ignored or it will start a flame war.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2013-12-06 at 06:10 PM.

How is it being a douche? If a persons dps is below where it should be it is shitty. They have the gear to do better so they must be doing something wrong.

"Almost there....." LOL

The problem is not only with WoW. It's everywhere.
    People are becoming babies that want it all without any effort, and they don't want to be criticised over it!
    Every little piece of critic is offensive and deserves to be punished.....

Thats the reason why non-Guild Raids have always been a nono. Dungeons i could usually carry them so no need to bother.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    But for a new player or someone who didnt know they may not know simply saying you suck would make them not have any idea why they sucked. unless you say how can you suck at this you died to an electrified quadrent! While its a bit too blunt it at least points you in a direction of what went wrong.
    Well lets see, the damage is not too great, so they should notice it before it kills them. Also they will see that others are not there. There is also the journal which I believe mentions the quadrants becoming electrified, so they should know its coming.

It's part of being prepared. I can understand once since you may not know the difference from a platform Lei Shen is at and an electified one. How about Durumu beam? Dungeon journal explains it, there is a raid warning, eyesores don't hurt a ton, they just eat he bean. you should never be getting killed by it twice, and I've seen it happen. We rezzed a dps and 2nd transition back to the same spot.

Because it is not productive. It's the same as saying "you suck". How does that help at all?

How does it feel if someone said "your post is terrible". Would you be inclined to fix your post, or ignore the person saying that?

EDIT: The thing I would personally say to a boomkin doing terrible DPS is "do you have a second to talk about your DPS?".
    Last edited by urasim; 2013-12-06 at 06:12 PM.

The irony is in your failure to follow the thread. I don't care if someone gets called out. I care about HOW they are called out.
    So then your real goal is removing assholes, not elitists - which someone pointed out like 45 pages ago and you tried to deny.

If the group agrees someone is toxic, votekick already exists and works fine.

If you want more control over who you raid with, join a guild and stop queuing for LFR.

Can this please be the end of this useless thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Elitist assholes
    assholes in general
    Shit happens.
    get the fuck over it
    non-asshole casuals

I do agree with..... Wait, who are we removing again?
    People in LFR or BGs who use terms like:

Fucking Noob
    Cocksucking Scrub
    Kill Yourself faggot
    etc etc...

So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

There is a MATURE way to respond to people not pulling their own weight. Elitist assholes, or even just assholes in general need to curve their temper and handle the situation like an adult.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitist assholes either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us non-asshole casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists

Elite =/= Elitist
    The OP here managed to string together words into a somewhat lukewarm notion of a good idea that ultimately doesn't rise enough to the task to accomplish the goal. Perhaps had his parents chosen a better genetic coupling this thread would have merit.

I INTENTIONALLY insulted the OP. I honestly do not mean my inflammatory remarks. I merely wanted to point out that their idea sounds great. If they even implemented it half baked it would remove a lot of just acidic players from LFR. Who'd have to learn to swallow their venom and remain quiet. But I don't believe it goes far enough to solve the issue. I can still insult someone with a grouping of normally benign words. Yes it's wordy and takes longer. But ultimately doesn't fix the issue entirely.

That being said. Still this would be a good idea. It would at least clear up the rabid jerks.

OP: I was NOT serious in my insult. I was trying to illustrate a point.

Hopefully this wasn't too rambling.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    So then your real goal is removing assholes
    Fixed that for you. Elitists are usually assholes. Elites are good at what they do. However, Even Elites can be assholes. So Technically yeah, assholes in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    The OP here managed to string together words into a somewhat lukewarm notion of a good idea that ultimately doesn't rise enough to the task to accomplish the goal. Perhaps had his parents chosen a better genetic coupling this thread would have merit.

I INTENTIONALLY insulted the OP. I honestly do not mean my inflammatory remarks. I merely wanted to point out that their idea sounds great. If they even implemented it half baked it would remove a lot of just acidic players from LFR. Who'd have to learn to swallow their venom and remain quiet. But I don't believe it goes far enough to solve the issue. I can still insult someone with a grouping of normally benign words. Yes it's wordy and takes longer. But ultimately doesn't fix the issue entirely.

That being said. Still this would be a good idea. It would at least clear up the rabid jerks.

OP: I was NOT serious in my insult. I was trying to illustrate a point.

Hopefully this wasn't too rambling.
    No worries I am only ever insulted when called a scrub noob in PvP by a BG general who thinks I am a fag and tells me I should go kill myself. As long as that wasn't you, we're cool

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: OP got called out for being bad in a BG, and probably a few LFRs, and now everyone else who is bad and got called out sometime is backing him up.

Nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

FNo worries I am only ever insulted when called a scrub noob in PvP by a BG general who thinks I am a fag and tells me I should go kill myself. As long as that wasn't you, we're cool
    Are you suggesting there's something wrong with homosexuals that would impair their playstyle? Or that "fag" is an appropriate response to someone you dislike ingame?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Because it is not productive. It's the same as saying "you suck". How does that help at all?

How does it feel if someone said "your post is terrible". Would you be inclined to fix your post, or ignore the person saying that?

EDIT: The thing I would personally say to a boomkin doing terrible DPS is "do you have a second to talk about your DPS?".
    It's constructive in calling to the groups attention or the players attention that there is a problem. Offering help I'll get ignored. People don't join LFR with the intention of teaching others, and you shouldn't expect them to. You should expect people to join random groups willing to contribute fully. People don't get better if they never notice an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Are you suggesting there's something wrong with homosexuals that would impair their playstyle? Or that "fag" is an appropriate response to someone you dislike ingame?
    I think aside from a British person referring to a cigarette, it is a derogatory slang which should never be used. Just as bad as the N word for black people as far as I am concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    ITT: OP got called out for being bad in a BG, and probably a few LFRs, and now everyone else who is bad and got called out sometime is backing him up.

Nothing to see here.
    My, what an original post. In this post: Player has no constructive input and chooses to spam worthless dribble instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The biggest issue I keep running into is people saying, give them advice, help them get better. But when you try to do that they call you elitist, tell you to fuck off and try to vote kick you.
    We should not have to help them, but we should also live above the influence of just being a bully when they screw up. Call them out for their shortcomings and move on. Just be adult about it.

I think aside from a British person referring to a cigarette, it is a derogatory slang which should never be used. Just as bad as the N word for black people as far as I am concerned.
    So, in your previous statement, you're saying that the guy probably thought you were what a British person would call a cigarette?

Just confused. Not a big deal, maybe I'm just not "thinking critically" enough.

It's constructive in calling to the groups attention or the players attention that there is a problem. Offering help I'll get ignored. People don't join LFR with the intention of teaching others, and you shouldn't expect them to. You should expect people to join random groups willing to contribute fully. People don't get better if they never notice an issue.
    You will always meet with trouble if you call someone bad. There are ways to point out bad play without sounding like an ass. That's what the OP was going for, but he failed on all levels to get that point across.

Try sending a tell to someone saying they are bad and need to learn to play. They will tell you to fuck off and put you on ignore. Now try and send a tell that says "I noticed that your DPS was a little low for your gear level. Would you like some assistance in learning how to get better?". You will ether be greeted with "fuck you", "no thanks", or "sure".

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Let me guess,

Was dodging AOE effects from the first boss in Stonecore too hard?
    Broken boss as example?

I'm still seeing the dust cloud one place and boss actually jump another'

Edit: he also said "dull" not "difficult"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!