Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I know I would queue as casual. Then the casual queue can have lower ilvl gear, simpler mechanics, and lower HP for bosses. Then we could get in, see the content, and have fun playing. And, it would in no way be an insult to hardcores as the gear would be 15 points lower and they would not have to "carry" us.
    Is that really possible to do?

Player A - [Hey, the boss is facing me now and he has his axe raised above his head. Also, the ground is turning a funny color and vapor is rising up. Bah, I'll just ignore it, its probably fine]"

Player B - "Player A, why did you just stand in the [thiswillobviouslykillyouabilityX]?"

Player A - "Everyone, vote kick player B he is an elitist!!"

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well it's definition has already been posted 8x

- - - Updated - - -

YES.IT.DOES
    Knowing I am a better player than most in LFR doesn't make me an elitist... What makes me an elitist is if I thought I was superior to all players.

You probably think you are superior to mentally handicap people. Does that make you an elitist? No, it makes you a realist. No one is "created" equal... We all have strengths and weaknesses. Some of us can clearly see our strengths and weaknesses, while others tend to view themselves as gods gift to mankind.

Before you come back at me realize that I didn't once say I yell at, or belittle, anyone in LFR for being worse than me.

You guys are thinking of douche bags and not elitists.

Also, Blizzard knows the community is full of 12 year olds or adults with the personality of a 12 year old, who don't know how to treat others with any respect. Why do you think your character gets randomized in the Pet Battles, and you cannot talk to others in the Pet Battles or Hearthstone. People just have no respect for strangers. It's really quite sad, and I have alot of pity for them.

PvE is divided into LFR -> Flex -> Normal -> Heroic.

Why not the same with Battlegrounds? 0 - 2200 -> 2200 - X

Noobs hate to play with "pros" because they tell them what to do all the time and dont let you explore the game by yourselves, just do what they tell you to win, and "pros" hate to play with Noobs because they just wanna cap really quick.

Making 2 BG brackets or just leave it at one that automatically connect players from the same PvP rating experience would make things alot easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Kinda hard to think you are good while doing 40k DPS, ignoring mechanics, being refused to raid normals and being told you suck on a constant basis
    Honestly, I wouldn't, but there are a lot of people out there who think they're better than others when they aren't. It's a very common thing.

Rather than thinking of it in WoW terms, try real life. Think about all of those people out there who think they're smarter than others. Forcing your views on someone for that reason alone is just as bad and is also called elitism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnthal View Post
    If someone doesn't ask for help, that makes someone whispering them unhelpful and a douche for telling them " you are gemming wrong you should be gemming this way" Several times I've read responses from Blues where they say they want people to play the way they want and than you get people who tell you that you are doing it wrong and think they are helpful? really that is so flawed its not even remotely funny.
    So if you're doing something wrong and didn't know it, and someone came along and said "you could get better results from doing it this way" you would scream "WHATEVA I DO WHAT I WANT" to them? Yeah, you are what's wrong. Tossing out random tidbits of helpful info doesn't hurt; especially if the person who receives said info doesn't know that (s)he is doing it wrong. If you're gemming wrong on purpose, then by all means be a bad and act like a douche yourself in response to their advice.

Some people are afraid to ask for advice, the fact that you want to deprive those people of getting advice is sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I would queue as casual. Then the casual queue can have lower ilvl gear, simpler mechanics, and lower HP for bosses. Then we could get in, see the content, and have fun playing. And, it would in no way be an insult to hardcores as the gear would be 15 points lower and they would not have to "carry" us.
    If the mechanics were any simpler you'd be watching a youtube video, you can ignore 3/4+ of them and not die.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well it's definition has already been posted 8x

- - - Updated - - -

YES.IT.DOES
    But its like, the OP is just a rambling rant which doesn't make much sense.

Something tells me that Superman-BladesEdge had an arguement in a PuG because someone blamed him for wiping the group or something and he felt the need to make this thread. Its just confusing nonsense.

i have a much better idea: #NoMoreCasualBaddies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Knowing I am a better player than most in LFR doesn't make me an elitist... What makes me an elitist is if I thought I was superior to all players.

You probably think you are superior to mentally handicap people. Does that make you an elitist? No, it makes you a realist. No one is "created" equal... We all have strengths and weaknesses. Some of us can clearly see our strengths and weaknesses, while others tend to view themselves as gods gift to mankind.

Before you come back at me realize that I didn't once say I yell at, or belittle, anyone in LFR for being worse than me.

You guys are thinking of douche bags and not elitists.
    Thinking that your smarter than a handicapped person is not elitist. Telling that handicap person that you are and that they need to improve is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Maybe elitist on some degree, but you aren't vocal about it. Thats what the huge issue is.
    well someone can easily take offense to being told how a mechanic works that killed them. does the person that told someone how a mechanic works become a elitist?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    So if you're doing something wrong and didn't know it, and someone came along and said "you could get better results from doing it this way" you would scream "WHATEVA I DO WHAT I WANT" to them? Yeah, you are what's wrong. Tossing out random tidbits of helpful info doesn't hurt; especially if the person who receives said info doesn't know that (s)he is doing it wrong. If you're gemming wrong on purpose, then by all means be a bad and act like a douche yourself in response to their advice.

Some people are afraid to ask for advice, the fact that you want to deprive those people of getting advice is sad.
    I won't offer advice anymore other than to my friends, been told "Go kill yourself" "I know what I am doing f off" etc way too many times.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    someone must have been flamed hard for failing totally

Deleted
    Why don't you just watch a movie or read a book or something if you clearly don't care about being challenged in the game or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    well someone can easily take offense to being told how a mechanic works that killed them. does the person that told someone how a mechanic works become a elitist?
    It would all depend on how it's worded. If it's as cut and dry as, "You died because you were stepping in the fire", then no.

Thinking that your smarter than a handicapped person is not elitist. Telling that handicap person that you are and that they need to improve is.
    No.. It makes you a douche. How can you not understand this? You can be elitist and not say anything. You're a douche when you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would all depend on how it's worded. If it's as cut and dry as, "You died because you were stepping in the fire", then no.
    Wrong, so so so wrong, I have approached people as nice as can be and was yelled at and flamed for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a simple formula:

amount of dumbasses = d
    amount of elitists = e

e = d

Less dumbasses around = Less elitists around.

Oh boy, what a thread... Complete with hashtags and everything.

Deleted
    You idea will Never work, saying to say you've never bad mouth someone?, Name and shaming helps teach people to play better not silence and repeating the same mistakes