Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I think anyone who thinks they have to yell at someone everytime they wipe, everytime their DPS is low, everytime they miss the Flag Carrier, EVERYTIME THE OTHER GUY DOES SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT THE ELITIST WANTS HIM TO DO. It is just a game, and people should be allowed to play their way. If we wipe, so what. We try again. If DPS is low, so what, we try to help by being NICE about it, and not telling them to go kill themselves, but not before deleting their toon and uninstalling WoW. My definition of elitist is someone who makes WoW and job and takes everything in the game seriously with a life and death attitude.

You'd think elitists would have figured out by now we are the majority and the game is being tailored to us. We have NO issues with it the way it is, or will be. They have the issues, they can find a new sandbox to play in. We are the majority, we are casual, and like it or not, we are not leaving.
    I don't want to be a dumbass, but honestly. I laughed on the part where it literally says "tailored to us" wat? If it's tailored to you guys, why are most of you on MMOC still complaining? xD In fact, I don't really see anything useful gameplay-wise thrown at you. Every Game is tailored to you guys. Because (nearly) every Game somewhat has things to do "your way". Not including tactics and stuff btw. <--- !! // Really WoW isn't tailored to any of you or any of the Hardcores. Everyone has at least something to do. And usually that already is "your way" of doing stuff. Either your way is the way of the LFR Guy, the Flex Guy, the Normal Guy, the Heroic guy etc..

I totally agree with you, but those "elitists" are simply not elitists, but straight up Dumbasses. And they're everywhere in WoW. Elite Players aren't really that Dumbass. Elites or Elitists are people like Bajheera or Swifty who are somewhat decent, but actually quite nice when it comes to attitude. People who actually know how to do stuff in this Game, but who wouldn't honestly blame people for doing stuff differently.

At the end of the day I think most of those Dumbasses or "Elitists" actually come from the average Tier of Skill. The normal Raiders and 1,2k PvP Heroes. Those who image themselves bursting with "the skillz" just "too lazy to actually show them off".
    When it comes to Gameplay though, there is nothing that is tailored explicitly to you guys.^^
    Right now everyone, be it LFR or Heroic Raider, low rated or High rated PvPer, somewhat gains something from everything Blizzard has implemented so far. So yeah. Just wanted to correct you on this one, because that is actually quite a claim, to say it's specifically tailored to some kind of Player.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    I don't want to be a dumbass, but honestly. I laughed on the part where it literally says "tailored to us" wat? If it's tailored to you guys, why are most of you on MMOC still complaining? xD In fact, I don't really see anything useful gameplay-wise thrown at you. Every Game is tailored to you guys. Because (nearly) every Game somewhat has things to do "your way". Not including tactics and stuff btw. <--- !! // Really WoW isn't tailored to any of you or any of the Hardcores. Everyone has at least something to do. And usually that already is "your way" of doing stuff. Either your way is the way of the LFR Guy, the Flex Guy, the Normal Guy, the Heroic guy etc..

I totally agree with you, but those "elitists" are simply not elitists, but straight up Dumbasses. And they're everywhere in WoW. Elite Players aren't really that Dumbass. Elites or Elitists are people like Bajheera or Swifty who are somewhat decent, but actually quite nice when it comes to attitude. People who actually know how to do stuff in this Game, but who wouldn't honestly blame people for doing stuff differently.

At the end of the day I think most of those Dumbasses or "Elitists" actually come from the average Tier of Skill. The normal Raiders and 1,2k PvP Heroes. Those who image themselves bursting with "the skillz" just "too lazy to actually show them off".
    When it comes to Gameplay though, there is nothing that is tailored explicitly to you guys.^^
    Right now everyone, be it LFR or Heroic Raider, low rated or High rated PvPer, somewhat gains something from everything Blizzard has implemented so far. So yeah. Just wanted to correct you on this one, because that is actually quite a claim, to say it's specifically tailored to some kind of Player.

You just put Swifty above normal mode raiders.. Now normal mode isn't super hard, but Swifty? He is an annoying entertainer who is pretty bad at PvP, and gets carried. Badheera is no better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just have everyone check a box when they first make a char...."are you an idiot? yes/no" and if they select no then perma-ban.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    Why on earth would you do this? If I see someone failing miserabley at their class I feel I must send some messege to them to say "pick it up, idiot... its hardly rocket science" or "please leave this BG you moron and promise me you will unsub for ever" or even "you're so bad at this game, I hope you die IRL".
    Being able to say this kind of stuff helps me vent when I am having to play with critters in any groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elitists (while sometimes ass holes) are usually the people carrying your shitty team.
    Deal with elitists and win more.
    Or kick elitists and lose more.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't the fact they don't own the game. Elitists never should of. You can not play very much and have a bad attitude like an elitist. Do not fool yourself that hardcore players are always elitists. Because that is wrong. Ignoring them doesn't always work. Especially when we do things in raids. It's a bad excuse.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Isn't that what all, er, most people think?
    No. Intelligent people are capable of some intelligent self-assessment and of accepting that they are not always the very best at everything they do. There are a wide variety of life experiences beginning when we are very young that should teach us this. Sports, grades, ect.

These "casual players" that show up on online forums complaining about "elitists" usually don't have anything useful to say. Said "elite" carry the casuals through raid content, take the time to explain how they can play the game better, and those casuals respond by... complaining?? It's symptomatic of a poor attitude that Blizzard has cultivated in casuals by catering to them so much and for so long.
    Last edited by Alphadruid; 2013-12-06 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Elitists (while sometimes ass holes) are usually the people carrying your shitty team.
    Deal with elitists and win more.
    Or kick elitists and lose more.
    Haha. I like you. Ignore the problem with elitists, because they are "carrying your shitty team." Remember kids, if your boss is yelling at you, embarrassing you in public, and throwing knives at you, it's perfectly legal, because they are paying you minimum wage.

You sir, win the internets.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    da hell kinda suggestion is this, remove players who are better than you?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphadruid View Post
    There are a wide variety of life experiences beginning when we are very young that should teach us this. Sports, grades, ect.
    I laughed at this, honestly now there are no losers, everyone wins just for showing up and trying...........which I kind of associate with LFR.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphadruid View Post
    No. Intelligent people are capable of some intelligent self-assessment and of accepting that they are not always the very best at everything they do. There are a wide variety of life experiences beginning when we are very young that should teach us this. Sports, grades, ect.
    people still tend to be more hostile or what not to those that are better at whatever
    For example, people will say someone who spends more time on the game as having 'no life'
    Its easier to be critical of others than yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I laughed at this, honestly now there are no losers, everyone wins just for showing up and trying...........which I kind of associate with LFR.
    lol reminds me of that George Carlin clip, bout how 'every child is special'
    "Everyone gets a trophy, everyones a winner, no one ever gets to hear the character-building words.......your a loser Bobby, you lost, your a loser Bobby."
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Just play better.

The resources are available to you to learn how bosses work; and how to play your class in PvP.
    If you aren't doing those things right and are making your team fail because of it, you deserve to be called out on it.

If you don't like being talked down to, and don't want to get better at the game, find a group of underperformers who are Okay with underperforming, like you. You can all not-succeed together in a safe, warm little hugbox where nobody cares about improving.
    Last edited by Instructor Soki; 2013-12-06 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    lol reminds me of that George Carlin clip, bout how 'every child is special'
    "Everyone gets a trophy, everyones a winner, no one ever gets to hear the character-building words.......your a loser Bobby, you lost, your a loser Bobby."
    Pretty much, I am sick of people who think that everyone deserves something just for showing up, there are winners in life and there are losers, losers can improve but if they don't they will always lose.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

If you don't want to get yelled at you should actually do what you're told instead of being terrible. I had a silvershard earlier where 8/10 people refused to fight on carts. They were told very politely before it even started to stay on carts and to not fight on the tracks. When people refuse to listen, insults and yelling are the only way. You need to pound information through their thick skulls and into their atrophied brains.

The worst is when someone goes "oh im new to pvp" after getting killed on the roads over and over. Being new doesn't excuse you from ignoring directions given over and over and over and over and over and over. Does it suck to get yelled at and called garbage? Yes, it does, but one of two things should happen. Either they look at themselves and go "Hey, I need to do better," or they get turned off whatever it is they were doing and don't bother the rest of us anymore with their stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Haha. I like you. Ignore the problem with elitists, because they are "carrying your shitty team." Remember kids, if your boss is yelling at you, embarrassing you in public, and throwing knives at you, it's perfectly legal, because they are paying you minimum wage.

You sir, win the internets.
    Using your analogy:
    Bosses don't typically yell at employees who do good work.
    Well, some do. But it's hardly the norm.

"People yell at me and tell me I'm bad."
    Well, why don't you play better?
    "I'm playing just fine!"
    You're obviously not. If you were, people wouldn't yell at you.
    "Elitist!"

Remove shitty players wasting everyone elses' time.

See how this works?

Deleted
    These forums really are going to shit aren't they...

If all the "elitists" leave, then you will constantly lose BGs and consistently take over 2 hours per LFR wing. Think before you write. #carried
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    I'm sure that if the people doing 20-50K dps improve a bit, the "elitists" will be less hostile aswell.

So fix your shit everybody wins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I'm sure that if the people doing 20-50K dps improve a bit, the "elitists" will be less hostile aswell.

So fix your shit everybody wins?
    That's just it.........LFR has made it so people think they can just ignore mechanics and not have to improve to get rewarded and when someone calls someone out they get all bent out of shape and insulting, honestly it's the bad players who start the shit talking in my experience.