Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    ITT: OP got called out for being bad in a BG, and probably a few LFRs, and now everyone else who is bad and got called out sometime is backing him up.

Nothing to see here.
    I await your proof that I'm only backing the OP up because I'm bad and got called out. Your post isn't clever and it lacks proof for your claims. How about posting something that can be considered constructive?

My turn:
    Your only posting here because the OP hurt your feelings and now you're very upset about it, so you're trying to be witty to get back at him. Nothing to see here.

That's an equally moronic thing to say, but according to you, it's valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    So, in your previous statement, you're saying that the guy probably thought you were what a British person would call a cigarette?

Just confused. Not a big deal, maybe I'm just not "thinking critically" enough.
    Not sure you are thinking at all. At this point I can only assume you are trying to get a rise out of me to see if I am hypocritical and explode on you. So, allow me to explain more clearly.

When someone uses the term "fag", it is derogatory. Unless they are British and happen to be specifically speaking about a cigarette. Using a slang term in a derogatory meaning while yelling at someone doesn't make you a man, it makes you sound like a bigot.

If your post was titled "Remove Jerks from Raids and Battlegrounds" then there is no problem and everyone is probably on board.

Chances are someone simply offended you and rather than direct your anger and focus on a specific jerk you've decided to get angry at anyone who might be "elite" (read: decent at an old video game). Thus you've divided folks into groups and equated elite with jerk. One is either elite or not-elite. What a silly false dichotomy you've set up. It is almost as if you're praising mediocrity. Here's hoping you don't carry that attitude into everything you do in life.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's remove education and teachers from society, as being competent is obviously too hard for some.

You're confusing rude people with those who want to actually play properly and whose gaming experience is negatively affected by lazy obnoxious tards who cannot be arsed to show at least some respect towards others by not sucking.

Deleted
    Time is the most valuable thing to me, I personally would rather not waste 10-20 mins of my life due to people who won't even put enough effort in themselves.
    I don't mind people who do low dps, healing or subpar tanking, but when people don't even know basic mechanics; think Ultraxion, Thok (phase 2) or Garrosh (Ironstars) I tend to get a little annoyed, since people seem to never bloody learn.

Of course I rage, everyone rages at some point or another, for the most part I don't mind wiping, but I hate constantly wiping to the simplest mechanic that wouldn't be a problem if people watched a 10 minute video.

I see my self as a middle man, since I can see both sides of the argument and to be honest like the casual nature of LFR, however still think that people should at least put in some effort to learning the fights, after all it is still a raid.

Define elitist
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    So let's remove education and teachers from society, as being competent is obviously too hard for some.

You're confusing rude people with those who want to actually play properly and whose gaming experience is negatively affected by lazy obnoxious tards who cannot be arsed to show at least some respect towards others by not sucking.
    The correct analogy would be remove teachers who shout and hurl abuse at children for not being competent.

Which is a completely acceptable thing to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Define elitist
    You will find several samples in the thread. Feel free to actually read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Someone good at the game=/ being respectful

You can play little and be a total jackoff unworthy of gracing Azeroth. Change it to remove jerks.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with anyone who knows how to play the game even slightly well abandoning LFR and leaving the remaining 'I will play how I want' types to wallow in self-defeatism.

Not sure you are thinking at all. At this point I can only assume you are trying to get a rise out of me to see if I am hypocritical and explode on you. So, allow me to explain more clearly.

When someone uses the term "fag", it is derogatory. Unless they are British and happen to be specifically speaking about a cigarette. Using a slang term in a derogatory meaning while yelling at someone doesn't make you a man, it makes you sound like a bigot.
    Oh, I understand that. Which is why I replied in the first place. You said the guy probably thought you were "a fag." Which is why I sought further clarification on why you believe being "a fag" is a justifiable insult or how being "a fag" would imply that you were a bad player.

But again, you expect everyone to "read into" your posts, rather than simply being clear on what you're saying in the first place. Yes, we'll bow to your non-elitist agenda while you call everyone else lazy because you're terrible at proper communication.

But hey, as long as you don't say "go kill yourself" you can say anything you want and nobody can get mad, right?

Oh, my. You're a cute one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    The correct analogy would be remove teachers who shout and hurl abuse at children for not being competent.

Which is a completely acceptable thing to do
    Shouting is fine, abuse isn't. You're not abused in raid/BG are you? Or do you take offense at what some random guy says to you?

Elitist is a catch-all phrase nowadays used by scrubs to describe those who aspire to play better than them.

Shouting is fine, abuse isn't. You're not abused in raid/BG are you? Or do you take offense at what some random guy says to you?

Elitist is a catch-all phrase nowadays used by scrubs to describe those who aspire to play better than them.
    I don't take offence no, but some people do. Acting like an asshole and shouting doesn't help anyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    --- Snipped for boredom---

You're a cute one.
    I'm sorry. I haven't the time to explain everything I say in great detail to you. There are a hundred other posters who are obviously capable of understanding me. Feel free to ask others for clarification. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well there's an example of being a jerk.
    No, he has made it very clear that there are only certain phrases that make you a "jerk" or an "elitist." Funny enough, he feels he's somehow able to define what those phrases are, and anyone that opposes him is wrong, lazy or lacks comprehension. Seems almost... elitist to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I don't take offence no, but some people do. Acting like an asshole and shouting doesn't help anyone
    Shouting helps a lot, actually, because it lets people know they can't and SHOULD NOT be able to get away with poor performance that drags the group down and which they are not willing to improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well there's an example of being a jerk.
    I was simply being blunt. Being a jerk would look more like: "Here's an idea - buy a dictionary ya lazy fucktard." I, however, was simply stating examples of the definition already exist and actually reading through the thread would provide you with your requested information. Several people have already listed textbook definitions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    ITT: OP got called out for being bad in a BG, and probably a few LFRs, and now everyone else who is bad and got called out sometime is backing him up.

Nothing to see here.
    My, what an original post. In this post: Player has no constructive input and chooses to spam worthless dribble instead.
    He was spot on, and you just chose to call it "worthless dribble".

Shouting helps a lot, actually, because it lets people know they can't and SHOULD NOT be able to get away with poor performance that drags the group down and which they are not willing to improve.
    Most people are willing to improve but shouting HEY YOU SUCK YOU SUCK YOU SUCK doesn't help them or anybody else.

Whisper them, offer advice or let them know, rather than humiliating somebody in public

I'm sorry. I haven't the time to explain everything I say in great detail to you..
    Oh, yeah. That's believable. Captain "61-page useless fucking thread" is suddenly short on free time.