Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly OP, it would've probably just been better to say assholes instead of Elitists. That way people wouldn't have to spend 50+ pages arguing over the definitions of elite, elitist, and elitism.

But oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    You really enjoy passive agressive behavior. You should talk to a professional about that. Not healthy in my opinion.
    No, I was being "blunt." Which, by your standards is acceptable. Correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Read what you just said, please...and if your don't get it, read it again.
    Of course I get it. I am not without a sense of humor... or irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like I hurt someone's feelings and this is their rebuttal. I'm sorry if you found the truth about being a jerk a painful experience.
    You accused someone of passive aggressive behavior, then you did it yourself. You are being hypocritical. I myself can be passive aggressive sometimes, it happens to all of us but don't pretend just now you didn't act like it because I wasn't the only one who called you out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Sounds like I hurt someone's feelings and this is their rebuttal. I'm sorry if you found the truth about being a jerk a painful experience.
    Oh, the irony...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    No, I was being "blunt." Which, by your standards is acceptable. Correct?

Oh. Well, in that case carry on...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You accused someone of passive aggressive behavior, then you did it yourself. You are being hypocritical. I myself can be passive aggressive sometimes, it happens to all of us but don't pretend just now you didn't act like it because I wasn't the only one who called you out.
    I already acknowledged the hypocrisy and stated it was irony. Sounds like this thread has finally grinded to a halt and now we are all just passive aggressively insulting one another. Might be time to just lock it up. I pissed off the elitists, and made my point. I am satisfied with the result. Anyone who got pissed or offended in this thread has probably been the yeller in the BG or LFR and felt the need to go on the defensive. I don't blame you. If someone called me out about being an asshole to others, I would likely get... oh wait... no, I would gladly admit I was being an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Honestly OP, it would've probably just been better to say assholes instead of Elitists. That way people wouldn't have to spend 50+ pages arguing over the definitions of elite, elitist, and elitism.

But oh well.
    Now define what qualifies as an asshole. Does till the 37k dps they suck qualify as being an asshole? Does not bothering to learn your class before you group qualify as being an asshole? You cannot throw around these all encompassing words, because what one person finds to be asshole behavior another may not.

Please tell me when you can think of a title.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pissed off the elitists, and made my point.
    No, you didn't piss them off, because they have the time to present their arguments. It's the scrubs that always say "I don't have the time".

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Now define what qualifies as an asshole. Does till the 37k dps they suck qualify as being an asshole? Does not bothering to learn your class before you group qualify as being an asshole? You cannot throw around these all encompassing words, because what one person finds to be asshole behavior another may not.

Please tell me when you can think of a title.
    How about...

Superman!

Yeah, I'm done... Sorry, couldn't resist. lmao

Nice thread, Sup. I'm outty. Best of luck on saying anything besides "go kill yourself" and being okay with yourself... Fuck, I did it again ><

Okay, now I'm done =P

Seriously though, hmu if you got a horde - Comp#1844

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    No, you didn't piss them off, because they have the time to present their arguments. It's the scrubs that always say "I don't have the time".
    Wrong again. Those aren't *scrubs* and not really our job to point them out. Calling them scrubs accomplishes little other than prove that elitists are in all of us.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh. Well, in that case carry on...

- - - Updated - - -

I already acknowledged the hypocrisy and stated it was irony. Sounds like this thread has finally grinded to a halt and now we are all just passive aggressively insulting one another. Might be time to just lock it up. I pissed off the elitists, and made my point. I am satisfied with the result. Anyone who got pissed or offended in this thread has probably been the yeller in the BG or LFR and felt the need to go on the defensive. I don't blame you. If someone called me out about being an asshole to others, I would likely get... oh wait... no, I would gladly admit I was being an asshole.
    Irony is something that happens by chance. You are just a hypocrit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong again. Those aren't *scrubs* and not really our job to point them out. Calling them scrubs accomplishes little other than prove that elitists are in all of us.
    Of course there are elitists in all of us. What reasonable and rational human being wouldn't seek to better themselves at an activity? And scrubs do exist, just look around in an LFR and you'll see plenty.

Anyone who blames someone else for ruining their gameplay should look for a different avenue to play. If you don't like being group with random assholes or afk'ers, don't do content that allows that to happen. There is no accountability in LFR and because of this the extremes on both ends lead to a social experiment that will always fail. Not fun, don't run. I am forever done with LFR, no matter what my incentive to do it, because I don't enjoy the frustration it causes me and know I am one more AFK'er away from becoming the 'elitist' you want removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    The humor found is in the convenience of his sudden lack of time.
    He doesn't lack actual time, not as I read it. He lacks the time/want/impetus to explain his meaning behind every word he types to you.

Now please. Either contribute to the discussion or stop winding him up. You're pretty effectively derailing a reasonably interesting thread just to wind him up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now define what qualifies as an asshole. Does till the 37k dps they suck qualify as being an asshole?
    Being an asshole completely depends on how you word it.

Does not bothering to learn your class before you group qualify as being an asshole? You cannot throw around these all encompassing words, because what one person finds to be asshole behavior another may not.
    In LFR, not really. LFR is the first raiding stepping stone, so you can expect newer players. Expecting everyone to know how to play their class in a raid environment is almost as silly as hopping into RFC at level 15 and expecting everyone to know how to play their class.

General assholes in raids: Peoples who bash others, people who afk for most of the run, and people who whine about any non-degrading helpful advice.

Deleted
    Elitist lost all meaning because of misuse of the word.

Now people throw "elitist" left and right even to describe a player who gives an honest advice which they take as personal affront.

Get a grip and use /ignore if you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Being an asshole completely depends on how you word it.

In LFR, not really. LFR is the first raiding stepping stone, so you can expect newer players. Expecting everyone to know how to play their class in a raid environment is almost as silly as hopping into RFC at level 15 and expecting everyone to know how to play their class.

General assholes in raids: Peoples who bash others, people who afk for most of the run, and people who whine about any non-degrading helpful advice.
    Even when I was new I still asked about the fights or glanced over the dungeon journal, to me not being prepared and causing repeated wipes is being an asshole.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is the first raiding stepping stone
    How 'bout no.

LFR does nothing but let you know that you can suck and still get epix. This needs to be remedied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Even when I was new I still asked about the fights or glanced over the dungeon journal, to me not being prepared and causing repeated wipes is being an asshole.
    You can look at the dungeon journal and YouTube and still not completely understand mechanics. Not everyone learns at the same pace. Some people for instance will only learn from experience.

- - - Updated - - -

How 'bout no.
    How 'bout yes.

Regardless of your opinion on it, it's still a raid and it's the easiest difficulty. It is the first stepping stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    He doesn't lack actual time, not as I read it. He lacks the time/want/impetus to explain his meaning behind every word he types to you.

Now please. Either contribute to the discussion or stop winding him up. You're pretty effectively derailing a reasonably interesting thread just to wind him up.
    Yes, and that's what made it funny.

My contribution was was noting that OP effectively made a thread against being rude to others, and then was rude to half the posters in the thread. His defense was basically that he can be "blunt" and say whatever he wants as long as it doesn't involve the phrase "go kill yourself." According to OP, virtually everything else was acceptable. Arguing that this is hypocrisy is contribution.

It may not be what you wanted to hear, but it was contribution.

And now that I've taken the time to explain these things to you which you could have found on your own: You're welcome

- - - Updated - - -

How 'bout no.

LFR does nothing but let you know that you can suck and still get epix. This needs to be remedied.
    The problem isn't with the fact that it drops purples. The problem is that you seem to have way too much attachment to the really shitty purples you get in LFR. Just because it's purple doesn't make it good.

"good enough" maybe, but not good.