Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of your opinion on it, it's still a raid and it's the easiest difficulty. It is the first stepping stone.
    That's not my opinion, that's a fact - you can do NOTHING and get epics.
    This engenders all the wrong qualities required at higher difficulty levels
    And I'd refer to LFR as the tripping stone rather than a stepping stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    You can do nothing in a flex and still get loot, it's just much harder. I guess flex isn't raiding either. And it is a stepping stone. Good luck being new and getting into a raiding guild without doing some LFR.

Who cares if other people get epics, it's all about iLvl these days.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-12-06 at 08:09 PM. Reason: changed raid into raiding guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck being new and getting into a raid without doing some LFR.
    That's what guilds are for.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what guilds are for.
    Raiding guild*

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding guild*
    Obviously?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    You really enjoy passive agressive behavior. You should talk to a professional about that. Not healthy in my opinion.
    Criticizes passive aggression passive-aggressively. Fantastic.

This forum needs a /votekick imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle. Better gear and seriously do nothing other than loot chests and rares. I love it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    You can do nothing in a flex and still get loot, it's just much harder. I guess flex isn't raiding either. And it is a stepping stone. Good luck being new and getting into a raiding guild without doing some LFR.

Who cares if other people get epics, it's all about iLvl these days.
    Good luck doing nothing in Flex, people actually pay attention to peoples numbers and if they are doing what they are supposed to, nor can you ignore all the mechanics like you can in LFR........LFR is not even CLOSE to being a stepping stone to raiding anymore than Timeless Isle is (which btw gives you higher ilvl than LFR).
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Yes, and that's what made it funny.

My contribution was was noting that OP effectively made a thread against being rude to others, and then was rude to half the posters in the thread. His defense was basically that he can be "blunt" and say whatever he wants as long as it doesn't involve the phrase "go kill yourself." According to OP, virtually everything else was acceptable. Arguing that this is hypocrisy is contribution.

It may not be what you wanted to hear, but it was contribution.

And now that I've taken the time to explain these things to you which you could have found on your own: You're welcome

- - - Updated - - -
    Pointing out the hypocrisy in his rudeness in a post about being rude, whilst doing it rudely yourself is just a little ridiculous.

You're making the same contribution many others have already made and is patently obvious. You're also doing it continuously over many many posts. It's your view, so I have no issue with you stating it, but the manner in which you do that and the frequency are needless. The thread has evolved since the OP. He may still be involved, but his notion has mostly been dismissed as a less than well thought out idea.

I do appreciate you assuming I couldn't have figured that out myself. Or didn't already know. But you don't seem like an idiot to me, so I was actually asking you to contribute to the interesting part of the discussion which I would consider; Should people accept the aggression sometimes found in LFR? And why do so many players feel it is an acceptable response to failure? Should players take steps to improve that portion of the game by trying to help/educate under performers? Is civility welcome on the internet? Any of those take your fancy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously?
    I was saying I meant raiding guild rather than raid. A mistake on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Criticizes passive aggression passive-aggressively. Fantastic.

This forum needs a /votekick imo.
    Me first!

I'm trying to go, but I keep ending up back in here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle. Better gear and seriously do nothing other than loot chests and rares. I love it
    If you are serious I seriously wish Blizzard didn't cater to the likes of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    You can do nothing in a flex and still get loot, it's just much harder. I guess flex isn't raiding either.
    Guilds selling heroic carries prove that you can do nothing in Normal and Heroics too and get loot, therefore those aren't raiding either by the original logic.

I'm okay with an auto kick for yelling at scrubs if there is also a limitless kick that removes fucking inept pieces of shit from dungeons and raids as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wrong again. Those aren't *scrubs* and not really our job to point them out. Calling them scrubs accomplishes little other than prove that elitists are in all of us.
    15K dps is bad. Considering it to be bad is not elitist.

It is my business when they use LFG

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are serious I seriously wish Blizzard didn't cater to the likes of you.
    I am very serious. It is a video game. I should not have to waste hundreds of hours to improve my gear. I play for fun. I also asked them for player housing, toy boxes, account wide mounts and rep, as well as barbershops and xmog. Sorry to tell you I am EXACTLY who Blizz caters to

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Pointing out the hypocrisy in his rudeness in a post about being rude, whilst doing it rudely yourself is just a little ridiculous.

You're making the same contribution many others have already made and is patently obvious. You're also doing it continuously over many many posts. It's your view, so I have no issue with you stating it, but the manner in which you do that and the frequency are needless. The thread has evolved since the OP. He may still be involved, but his notion has mostly been dismissed as a less than well thought out idea.

I do appreciate you assuming I couldn't have figured that out myself. Or didn't already know. But you don't seem like an idiot to me, so I was actually asking you to contribute to the interesting part of the discussion which I would consider; Should people accept the aggression sometimes found in LFR? And why do so many players feel it is an acceptable response to failure? Should players take steps to improve that portion of the game by trying to help/educate under performers? Is civility welcome on the internet? Any of those take your fancy?
    I've already answered those things in this thread and many others. Taking a small side argument and assuming that's been my only contribution to the thread was your loss in finding those answers, not mine by not supplying them.

I've always made my thoughts on those questions clear on the dozens of threads we have on the same topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    15K dps is bad. Considering it to be bad is not elitist.

It is my business when they use LFG
    Exactly. Calling out 15k dps is not elitist. Calling out 69k DPS when it should be 70k dps is elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I've always made my thoughts on those questions clear on the dozens of threads we have on the same topic.
    You side skirted their comment. You've made it obvious in "other" threads. Not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am very serious. It is a video game. I should not have to waste hundreds of hours to improve my gear. I play for fun. I also asked them for player housing, toy boxes, account wide mounts and rep, as well as barbershops and xmog. Sorry to tell you I am EXACTLY who Blizz caters to
    While we're at it, can you get me a free keychain?

Thanks bro, that'd be tight.

*fist bump*