10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    you shouldn't be even that low

The issue is that when you say "oh 69k is close enough" what's wrong with 68.5? Or 68? You have to draw a solid line. 70k is incredibly generous in the first place, moving the goal posts over and over is not an option.

-kick anybody under 70k:bob, falnica, deathprokilla and shamwow
    -hey shamwow was 68k that's close enough
    -fine. Kick the others.
    -Falnica was only 3k behind Shamwow that isn't that much.

And so on. Where do you draw the line?

It was a sample... chill out dude Maybe I should have said "HEY! You're only doing 99K and not 100K you scrub!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Fact is: If you're going into LFR, you're going to experience bad and/or inexperienced players. No question about it. If you get upset once you get in there because that's the case, when you KNEW beforehand that it was going to be the case, then you need to question your own sensibility. LFR is what it is. Accept it or don't go.
    I agree with this 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a sample... chill out dude Maybe I should have said "HEY! You're only doing 99K and not 100K you scrub!"
    Even 90k compared to 100k is irrelevant. Come stat squish, the DPS will be much lower and relative differences will be more apparent.

If they had a 'report toxic player' option like LoL does I think they'd lose about 2 million subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post

Fact is: If you're going into LFR, you're going to experience bad and/or inexperienced players. No question about it. If you get upset once you get in there because that's the case, when you KNEW beforehand that it was going to be the case, then you need to question your own sensibility. LFR is what it is. Accept it or don't go.
    That was the case with LFD and was even stated by the developers and CMs when the feature first came out that if you chose to solo queue there will be a risk and you will have to accept it. Yet that didnt fly when Cata launched. While there was other reasons that made Cata heroics a problem the kind of mentality that came out from it and effectively supported just fueled the mentality of those who expect smooth fast groups in a random queue feature.

How do you deal with the people that don't care and aren't interested in learning? I run across this all the time, I even try to help people by telling them where they can go if they want to improve their dps/healing or whatever. They don't care....it's just LFR. When the majority of bad players are causing 24 other people to waste time.... I for one don't appreciate it especially when my time is precious or they tell me to screw off because its just a game and they don't care. As far as I am concerned, they will be the first I vote kick and let them know when they have a better attitude and want to improve instead of holding back 24 other people they are welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Where did I say in my posts that bads don't disrupt LFR? Point is though, LFR is the place to learn for them. There are a lot of players that don't understand they should use skills/spells on every gcd, need to pool their cooldowns for certain mechanics (berserk stance nazgrim), certain adds need to be prioritized, etc. That being said, some of this can be learned from running dungeons, but eh, thanks to timeless isle, people are going from world questing to ToT and SoO LFR. Point being that unless you are wiping on berserk timers or certain adds aren't dying, it's almost never the dps's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    The stat squish will fix this.
    Not really. If we're doing 2k damage, and somebody says kick under 1.8, the guy soon 1.78 may feel upset. An if he is allowe the 1.75 will want to be allowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Keep moving the line around. If 99k is okay why isn't 98? An of that was why not 97? Why is one thing "close enough" when anothe is not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Not the same thing, they left due to the fact that they were going to get kicked if they died or (presumably) if they started to talk back. Thats not the case with LFR. There is no leader so fights are way more likely to happen. The only thing that would make your run worse is when the other people are just looking for ways to spite you.

What does being a sensitive pansy ass get you? Nothing, so just toughen up and get some shit done.

What does being an asshole in LFR get you? Nothing, so just chill out and get some shit done.
    Expecting people to try or leave is not wing an asshole but it is an asshole move to NOT try and expect others to pick up the slack.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of DPS you're also ignoring game mechanics where you have to worry about living over punching your super saiyan cooldowns. On a lot of movement oriented fights certain classes won't do so well. Personally if someone is doing something wrong or bad I will point it out. If they want to be an ass about it fine. I won't help them. There's no point in insulting them. I refuse to sink to their level.

Nobody likes being called a cunt because you are new to tanking OUTDATED LFR content(Lei-Shen I miss you)!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You know;
    I don't touch LFR very often anymore but it was rarely ever anybody "good" dissing people in the chat.
    If it was it was an odd off-case of some guy queuing as a shadow priest in the healer spec and then whining somebody didn't lust when he spammed it after he pulled the boss himself too early. Sometime he'd have heroic gear. But that's only happened once in recent memory.

Those squabbling LFR idiots telling each other how to "l2p"? They were almost always god awful.
    They were the guys doing significantly less dps/healing than they should have and nagging out the other guys just there doing their thing.

Anybody doing 60k DPS in Timeless Isle gear to me just isn't trying and thus shouldn't be in group content. I've seen them doing around that in SoO gear too.
    I recently geared up my Warlock through that gear and was still doing 100k DPS. I have no idea how to play the class. I'll always give some leeway because I do have very good IRL friends who aren't that great at the game and are still learning...
    But even they don't do "i'm just clicking random buttons on my bars" DPS.

I also play to have fun.
    Having to put up with people who just literally do not try or care about basic RPG elements bother me. It's not fun;
    Yet everybody has to put up with it because they're having fun?

There's a difference between somebody who plays for fun and somebody who is at least mindful of the fact other people are around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree with most things in that OP very well written, people should take some time to atleast understand the basics than maybe their will less elitists around. An when someone trys to help you don't get pissed insult them for trying to help you out that just causes more problems.

Just the other day I experienced this for the first time in along time. A Enhancement Shaman was using the wrong weapon (2H Wep w/ Strength) Now i do remember in Vanilla Enhance Shaman did use these kind of weapons, I played one back than.

So I kindly whispered him & asked "hey I noticed your using a 2H strength weapon may I ask why you picked it?, He responded saying it looked cool & is very strong. I told him it certainly is, but to get the most through put, you need to use a weapon that uses the same stats, Like Agility & actually you use Dual Wield for an Enhancement Shaman.

He responded confused asking why he had to, I told him about Stats break points & everything & that certain classes & specs have to use certain weapons for maxium output & he than understood why he was doing such little damage, He understood his class & rotation. But I found it odd he was using the wrong weapon. Sometimes people just dont understand everything & its are good as a community to teach them this & help them understand everything. He said he read guides & everything, but I was shocked he had been using the wrong weapon so quite some time.

He thank me & I spent a good hour helping with anything else he may need to know. So as much it pained me to see how much he was clueless about he was willing to listen & has improved greatly since the 2 hours I spent with him. Sometimes it just takes a simple whisper asking questions that can really put someone on the right track. I added him to Battletag told him to msge me anytime he had any questions.

Ussually this the case I have encountered people who got mad at me for offering help, but sometimes you will meet that clueless person that wants to get better & learn, but needs that extra push. If everyone as a community would do this than maybe things would get better for sure. We were all knew at one point & got put in the right direction why can't we do the same & pay it forward to newer players.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-12-06 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expecting people to try or leave is not wing an asshole
    I never said that it was... You're putting words in my mouth. I've clearly said by this point that it's entirely dependent on how you word it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DCT1080 View Post
    What makes you so special that you feel you ought not have to spend time improving your character like everyone else?
    I am not a raider and am not in competition with anyone, including myself. I farm, play the AH, level profs, level alts, do pet battles, craft stuff, just about anything I like. I love the Timeless Isle. It is a loot pinata. I can finally get some better than crafted gear without having to grind through dailies. Not that I use the gear for anything more than running Heroic 5 mans to help guildies, or help earn gold for the guild by doing guild runs, but it is my prerogative how to spend time in the game and I am glad there is some easy gear out there to obtain. That was my main point on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep moving the line around. If 99k is okay why isn't 98? An of that was why not 97? Why is one thing "close enough" when anothe is not?
    Then you tell me... what is Good dps and what is scrub dps? I'm not one for being kited in conversations.

I am not a raider and am not in competition with anyone, including myself. I farm, play the AH, level profs, level alts, do pet battles, craft stuff, just about anything I like. I love the Timeless Isle. It is a loot pinata. I can finally get some better than crafted gear without having to grind through dailies. Not that I use the gear for anything more than running Heroic 5 mans to help guildies, or help earn gold for the guild by doing guild runs, but it is my prerogative how to spend time in the game and I am glad there is some easy gear out there to obtain. That was my main point on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you tell me... what is Good dps and what is scrub dps? I'm not one for being kited in conversations.
    I've given my definition before.

You are bad if:

Assuming everybody in the raid group played at your skill level, the group would be not be capable of downing the current difficulty of raid you are in.

So bad for heroic may be more than fine for flex. DPS varies of course my gear, but for LFR it is fine to assume 496 (for siege). Of course if you are at 540 ilvl and only doing like 110k, you would probably be around 60k at 496 so you would be bad.

I don't agree with this.

You make the claim that everyone has the right to play the game because they all paid for it, yet you try to remove a certain player base because you simply don't like the words that they say? Sure "elitists" can be pretty annoying, but so are people who put themselves in a situation where a group of people have to rely on you to contribute and you under perform. When you do solo content then sure nobody has the right to tell you what to do, but by putting yourself in a situation that I stated above you are subjecting yourself to criticism by players who end up being grouped with you.

At 463 average item level I can do at least 60k DPS on all of my nine level 90 characters. At 500 average item level I can do at least 80k DPS on all of my nine level 90 characters. I only have four characters above 510 item level, but they are all capable of doing 120k+ DPS. I have two characters above 550 item level, and they are able to do more than 250k DPS.

Scrub DPS is 50k, or lower, on a character that has above 490 average item level(490 item level is INSANELY easy to get).

I'm not one for being kited in conversations.
    Yeah, you're clearly a straightforward, get-to-the-point, no-nonsense kinda' guy. Which is why it has taken you 67 pages to say absofuckinglutely nothing at all.

Everyone who is better than me is a jerk and has no life, everyone worse than me is a noob

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    At 463 average item level I can do at least 60k DPS on all of my nine level 90 characters. At 500 average item level I can do at least 80k DPS on all of my nine level 90 characters. I only have four characters above 510 item level, but they are all capable of doing 120k+ DPS. I have two characters above 550 item level, and they are able to do more than 250k DPS.

Scrub DPS is 50k, or lower, on a character that has above 490 average item level(490 item level is INSANELY easy to get).
    So when I used the 69k/70k example, I was already above scrub status which mean you personally would not yell. But some other person was going ballistic because people were not hitting 125K. People keep missing that I am not talking about people simply getting called out on Scrub DPS. I am talking about people getting balled out completely for no reason other than the LFR General has a little temper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Yeah, you're clearly a straightforward, get-to-the-point, no-nonsense kinda' guy. Which is why it has taken you 67 pages to say absofuckinglutely nothing at all.
    Ist thou perturbed?

10+ Year Old Account
    More like you have this illusion of not wanting to *coddle* people and use the logic of *Straight Talk*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So when I used the 69k/70k example, I was already above scrub status which mean you personally would not yell. But some other person was going ballistic because people were not hitting 125K. People keep missing that I am not talking about people simply getting called out on Scrub DPS. I am talking about people getting balled out completely for no reason other than the LFR General has a little temper.

- - - Updated - - -

Ist thou perturbed?
    496 shouldn't be at 125k dps unless mechanics allow or it. However Inremember seeing 50k on Jin Rokh.

If you have 530 or higher gear and aren't doing like 125k you are doing badly.

The "LFR General" has his reason to be mad, people aren performing well. But do the under performers have a real reason to be doing badly? Most of the time no.