Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I completed the quest in 490 gear and used green fire all the way up until just a few days ago. I switched primarily because, while I used to get whispers everyday regarding the quest (either how to get or advice on how to complete), I never do anymore. The quest has become too easy.

On a secondary, less important, note: The new dreadsteed is truly abysmal looking. I did the original dreadsteed quest at 60 and I am a very proud warlock, the 5.4 update for a green dreadsteed was a huge mistake imo.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    And that's why Blizzard shouldnt care about petitions like the "wie need green fire!" one.
    Because people have different cosmetic preferences?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    And that's why Blizzard shouldnt care about petitions like the "wie need green fire!" one.
    Erm, why? They took the best possible approach: if you want it, you have it; if you prefer how it used to look you ignore it.

Hipsters are butthurt more people are getting it.

Its all about wanting to be special over others.

I got mine when 5.2 first came out and I still use it. Other people having it does not affect how much I personally like it. Because, you know, I'm an adult.

once upon a time when ilvl was lower and killing Ebonlocke was harder there was a sense of pride having the green fires, it was sort of a visual achievement to show off that you managed to do something only small percentage of warlocks managed to do. but now ... this is no longer the case, green fires got too accessible and somewhat lost its charm.
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

I got mine when 5.2 first came out and I still use it. Other people having it does not affect how much I personally like it. Because, you know, I'm an adult.
    Or they could just not like the way it looks. People want there to be a more whiney reason behind it though. So they can say "LOL LOOK! SPEXCEAL SMWUFWAKEZ!"

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

This. Some people I know have changed back to orange is because they felt it was not a big deal anymore.
    I'm with Krazy on this.

7 years wanting green fire. An amazing quest line (if you didn't overgeared it). And now I have only good memories about the whole thing and still like green fire much more than orange. Altough I'd like way more if it was purple... meh.

Still using it.

My warlock friend in raid goes back and forth depending on his tmog lol
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I rolled a lock just for green fire. Why? Because red fire is for mages.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Deleted
    Because green fire is too distracting compared to red

No there's no reason this tier for it to be turned off performance wise.

Deleted
    If it really decreases FPS, then you're playing on an outdated computer, simple as that

Not everyone likes green.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like green fire. Then use green fire.
    I for one still use green fire, I waited 9 years for it, so yeah I am going to use it : P

I love green fire but, ofc, they made the content become gradually easier with gear - Things with special cosmetic rewards should have a flat ilvl for it when you go in, it's just so stupid how hard Blizzard tries to make it that everyone can have a piece of it. And the only reward that people who actually do it at the current time is that they get it a few months earlier, woopdefuckingdoo.

Deleted
    honestly ?
    Couldn't give a flying monkey fuck about the color of spells.
    as usual it was the vocal minority demanding it, now they have it they are beginning to switch back to red.

Because when everyone gets to be special . . . nobody is. I imagine warlocks with "normal" fire are the odd ones out anymore.

How many people do you see flying around on faction mounts (gryphons/wyverns) anymore? Now that everyone, their mom, and their dog has a "unique" dragon.

Deleted
    I like the spelleffects, but i truly despise that the icons colours changed, and the mounts model. It looks like the screen is broken, bleached icons.

I'm using the green fire, but I've made new macros just to change the icons on the spells.

Deleted
    Didnt you get some archievement or something to show off "i did it back when it was hard" ?

Deleted
    Locks that choose orange fire over green fire (now that it's available) are heretics. Go and roll a mage!

green fire was ok for a while... somewhat interesting.. but i got bored of it and switched back to orange. i honestly wish we got blue fire that'd be way more interesting.