Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    We had a few complaints during H Horridon but honestly, as a mage, I've never had trouble seeing anything through the green fire during my main raids or when playing my alt. Plus I'll never turn it off on my alt lock because getting it during the first week with a ~460 ilvl was a rewarding experience I can understand why getting it now would be less rewarding/feel cheesy.
    460 ilvl? I call bullshit. In the first week it wasn't too hard though because affliction was superstrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    460 ilvl? I call bullshit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wHmV1IaJQA

Some people actually were/are good enough to kill him <470.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-12-08 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Proud of it? Even a Timeless geared lock outgears it. I did it with my lock when it had 510 (no gems, no enchants and many timeless pieces with shiiiiit stats) and I suck donkey balls when it comes to lock abilities other than doing a proper rotation. 8 attempts, no guide except that I had gotten told that I should enslave the pit lord. And I suck.
    I call bs.

Either that or you got extremely lucky

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post

Apparently, but just because one person does it doesn't mean everyone who brags about it did it.

In this video the player doesn't even use Fear on start, and abuses the Demonic Gateway on CD.

Some boss effects make green fire very confusing, especially in AoE, leading to confusion. Can't remember on top of my head right now but I'm sure this was the case in ToT, where it was requested my green fire were disabled. Horridon and there was something else?

I haven't done a whole lot of heroic SoO before I quit, I think like 7 bosses in the first 3 weeks or so, and can't remember anything where green fire may be a pain. But of course, that was before Destro was better.

Furthermore, I know some top world players who simply don't care and have better shit to do with their time than some vanity quest. Being competitive means you have to spend your time very wisely, farming the tome for a week (in my case anyway) may not be up in the list of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Erm, why? They took the best possible approach: if you want it, you have it; if you prefer how it used to look you ignore it.
    Wasted time and efford for something less than 1% oft the players use.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Compared to what % that doesn't? What % of players even have a level 90? A level 90 warlock? I really wanna see your data, or maybe...people should stop pulling numbers out of their asses.

And to be on-topic, if I had a warlock I'd use the green fire because I think it fits with their 'theme' more. Too many people apparently feel that if someone else has something they do, then it's not worth having. You want exclusivity, go get a Gladiator mount from pvp. Or just stop caring so much about what other people have?

Hipster Warlocks told me its not cool to have green fire anymore...seriously. Unique snowflake syndrome at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethyrian View Post
    I've been noticing a lot of Heroic raiders have their Codex of Xerrath (aka green fire) turned off and I'm curious to why this is the case. I suppose some might just prefer red fire or have not bothered with the quest, but I've been hearing that it decreases your FPS and your overall performance.

Is turning off green fire effect better for heroic raiding? I don't want to get rid of it because I'm proud of it (plus it looks cool) but if it will improve my performance I suppose it'll have to be done.

Curious to know what fellow warlocks think...
    I used to be one of these "Hard Core H Raiders". The truth may be much more simple than you think.

While I was H Raiding, most of us literally did not log in except for raids. We were #50 US in Wrath and we didn't even have to log in except for raids. We sold Ulduar drakes for abt 100k a piece and had various other "gold runs" about once or twice a week besides progression that allowed us to pay for repairs, flasks, food. etc.

With a lot of H Raiders who are ahead of the curve and able to do things like this, they may just not even log in to do anything but raid because nothing else gives them a thrill or interests them. Not everything a world class H raider does has a bigger, better meaning behind it. Hell, from my experience, most are lazy as crap outside raids. Lol.

Only has to do with personal preference.
    I for one used it when I got it but grow tierd of it after a while.
    your action bar just lights up, didnt enjoy that.

If I use challenge mode gear I might use Green fire again

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Or they could just not like the way it looks. People want there to be a more whiney reason behind it though. So they can say "LOL LOOK! SPEXCEAL SMWUFWAKEZ!"
    Except that if you read many of the posts here you'll see that for many people here having avaible the green fire for everyone is what devalues it and made them switch back to orange...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Deleted
    Hah I remember one of our warlocks had to go back to remove his green fire when we were progressing heroic Horridon

This is sort of ironic in a thread about heroic raiders, because, at one point in time, less than 1% of players saw cutting edge raid content- yet it was still a huge development focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargul View Post
    This is sort of ironic in a thread about heroic raiders, because, at one point in time, less than 1% of players saw cutting edge raid content- yet it was still a huge development focus.
    "was" is the key word because it was a waste of resources do develop a game for 2% of the player base. That's why we now have lfr, other casual content and the big nerfbat for old raid content so everyone can see it at some point.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

"was" is the key word because it was a waste of resources do develop a game for 2% of the player base. That's why we now have lfr, other casual content and the big nerfbat for old raid content so everyone can see it at some point.
    Yeah, exactly- but the green fire quest used mostly existing resources. You could also say that Fangs of the Father was a similar (but more extensive, imo) feature that only benefited a small portion of players.

I still think the major reason why some H raiders don't use green fire is because of what Rendandtear said. When heroic raiding is your "job", you don't tend to play a lot for fun/story, in my experience.

Personally, I've witnessed a few people making the hipster argument in-game about how green isn't cool any more. However, I like the color green, so I was excited to change my spell aesthetics. It does bother me for a while when my favorite title/mount/transmog is "over-used", but I try to pick what fits my character idea the best regardless of how popular it may be.

Green fire was less about my ego and more about something fun and cosmetic, and I hope that it continues to be easier to get as the game goes on, similar to the way people can solo old raids now for transmog, legendary items, and achievement mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post

This was when Gateways dropped threat and made the fight rather easier by allowing considerably more DPS uptime because that meant less movement. I think it would be rather harder now at that item level now that you actually have to LoS the boss properly.

As it is, I'm still using green fire (in spite of my protestations before that I dislike green and probably wouldn't use it ) I just feel it was a challenge when I got it, and by now at this point it'd be weird to switch back. A couple of the other Warlocks in my guild just haven't had the interest in it so haven't bothered to get it. Simple case of that kind of content, or the reward not being to everyones taste.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This was when Gateways dropped threat and made the fight rather easier by allowing considerably more DPS uptime because that meant less movement. I think it would be rather harder now at that item level now that you actually have to LoS the boss properly.
    I tested this the other day, and soulshatter still keeps the boss from chaos bolting you, so it's still possible to do the fight without LoS blocking the chaos bolts.

I've never had a problem with it outside of Immolation Aura + Mannoroths Fury (whatever talent increases AoE range by 500%).
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

I find it funny there is this much discussion over something as simple as a bunch of locks in top guilds just not being arsed to go get green fire. I still don't have it myself because I really don't pay attention to spell effects while I'm raiding so I don't really want to spend the time to do the quest.