Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I've heard they said you'd start in Tanaan Jungle, do only a few introduction quests and you'll be sent to your faction's starting zone. Not sure if that's still correct, but I don't think you start right off in Frostfire Ridge or Shadowmoon Valley.
    I heard the same thing. When Blizzard said they'd move the Outland to the caverns of time "because the Outland campaign is in the past anyway", I thought it was sensible.

Having Khadgar coming with us could just mean that we fight through the portal and help him to blow it up on the other side, then its off to our starting zone to gather allies and fight back against this Iron Horde while they struggle to rebuild the thing after we flattened it.

The Khar revamp could be us meeting with Khadgar, fetching knowledge hidden in Medivh's journals or some super powerful artifact to help us close the portal on our suicide mission.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-12-06 at 01:20 PM.

It sound every plausible from the sound of it. And it would be a very sweet way to do it too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    We are not going back in time, we are going to an alternate universe. Caverns of Time has absolutely nothing to do with this.

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard they said you'd start in Tanaan Jungle, do only a few introduction quests and you'll be sent to your faction's starting zone. Not sure if that's still correct, but I don't think you start right off in Frostfire Ridge or Shadowmoon Valley.
    Despite it being an alternate universe, we are going back in time.
    In our present, the Iron Horde will invade Azeroth through the dark portal, while the goal of our journey to Draenor is to stop them from even building it, so we're likely going to go back in time, but in the alternate universe's time.

I don't know what's happening to Kara. But whatever loot you might possible want from there - you better get it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorios View Post
    I don't know what's happening to Kara. But whatever loot you might possible want from there - you better get it now.
    Many people have started doing this already fortunately, but for different reasons. I saw a few people on my server running a LOT of TBC content and I asked why and their response of "Outland is being revamped and changed into draenor, need to get all the achis" made me want to cry.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    They clearly said the dark portal will turn red, there is no portal 2.0.

Deleted
    BS the portal in Blasted lands teleports us there not Karazhan...

Deleted
    What if we go through the red Dark Portal only once? Same as in the introduction quests for MoP - we fly there on a zeppelin (if you're Horde - dunno how it looks for Alliance) but later when we want to back to Pandaria, we have to use a portal in Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Many people have started doing this already fortunately, but for different reasons. I saw a few people on my server running a LOT of TBC content and I asked why and their response of "Outland is being revamped and changed into draenor, need to get all the achis" made me want to cry.
    Except Draenor is a whole new continent and Outland isn't going anywhere... They have already mentioned they built it from the ground up and it isn't a rehash... Also, if they did it that way they would have to completely change 58- 68 leveling...

The more I think about it, the more I see the entire "dark portal turns red" claim as a misdirect.

This decision requires them to do something with the entrance to Outland of course, and they have said they will move it to CoT or something like that. This seems so unnecessary and weird. If they really wanted to have the dark portal be the entrance to WoD (I don't see why they would insist on this) then why wouldn't they just phase the portals so lowbies go to Outland and higher level players see it as "red" and go to Draenor? I am really struggling coming up with a half-way decent explanation for the Outland portal "moving."

So back to the question of why they would insist on making the dark portal the entrance to WoD. Can anyone think of a reason to not develop a new portal somewhere else on Azeroth and just leave the dark portal alone?

Also this whole "the dark portal turns red" quote is really troubling to me. It's like an unnecessarily specific detail. Who gives a shit if it "turns red," why even say that?

Blizz: "You'll go through the dark portal to get to WoD.."
    Player: "What?! The dark portal links to outland!"
    Blizz: "Yeah, but it turns red first..."
    Player: "OH, OKAY, that makes sense then..."

Seriously, wtf?

Maybe "The dark portal turns red" is an anagram for the truth!!!
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2013-12-06 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    why wouldn't they just phase the portals so lowbies go to Outland and higher level players see it as "red" and go to Draenor?
    What if I want to go to Outland at level 100?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Caverns of Time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I got it!

"The dark portal turns red"

is an anagram for

"Pretend truth, karas lord"

More Blizz boogaloo shenanigans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Then you're a noob? (fair point)

What would be really dope is if Kara was used as a way Kairoz goes back in time and space and moves Kara itself to Dreanor and it becomes the Chronal Spire, the final raid is alt version of Kara!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    No... it has a dance floor

karazhan 2: electric boogaloo!

Watch as Genn Greymane and the Big Bad Wolf boogy!
    Karazhan 2: Eclectic Boogaloo has been renamed to Medivh Presents Chessmaster: Illustrious Edition.
    I thought you went to CoT for the portal to draenor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I thought you went to CoT for the portal to draenor?
    That's another possibility - the entrance in Draenor is called the 'Chronal Spire,' so it could be that the Bronze Dragonflight help us out and send us after Kairoz.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    No... it has a dance floor

karazhan 2: electric boogaloo!

Watch as Genn Greymane and the Big Bad Wolf boogy!
    Karazhan already has a dance floor. It is the trash area in front of the Moroes banquet hall that you have to cross to get to the upper level with the Maiden and the Opera House.

Another explanation (for alliance anyway)
    1) Garrosh and Kairoz need a place with tons of magic to block their time travelling being detected / to enable the initial jump back in time. Kara is the best bet for this sort of thing, as it's space-time is messed up already. They appear at Chronal Spire, which Kairoz makes into his lair / raid instance. Note - this spire is completely inaccesible without a flying mount, so good luck getting there.
    2) Eventually, Kairoz fixes the dark portal at both ends so it does time travel, not just teleportation. Horde starts charging through from Draenor.
    3) Khadgar shows up in SW, needs some help to fix this malfunctioning dark portal. Needs some help clearing kara for some spellbook or something. You know - "LFG Kara need all, spellbook reserved"....
    4) On arriving, discover that the inhabitents of Kara have been already been smashed by Garrosh. He even looted his weapon off the last boss - after Jaina ninjad his last one. Eventually find where Garrosh and Kairoz made the hole in space-time on the upper floors, but it's closed already, and Khadgar can't re-open it.
    5) Khadgar tell us he can't close the dark portal from this side - he tried at the end of warcraft 2 and failed. But he can adjust the portal back a few years, so you'll appear where the portal's still being built. (kill 100 orcs outside the portal as Khadger does it)
    Your mission: to stop the portal being opened, or otherwise secure it so that Khadger can close it at the other end. Lore-wise, it's a 1-way trip, as the portal isn't finished at the other side, but after the first quest at the other end, Khadgar / Jaina pops through and gives you a portal back to SW

TLDR: Garrosh and Kairoz use Kara to go back to Chronal Tower. We just use a 1-way dark portal.

Remember the last time we got a recolored and "new" zones for an expansion? How well did that do? I hope people aren't falling for this $39.99 patch.