Deleted

i5 3570K 60 fps in 25man?

I've searched for the answer online and have only come across threads that either are asking for ultra settings, have mixed replies, or people having technical issues so the answer is still a little unclear for me.

Will an overclocked i5 3570k (with a 7770, not that i think it matters) be able to maintain 60fps on low to mid settings in 25 man raiding?

I'm running 1680x1050 but plan to bump up to 1920x1080 in the near future.

Thanks in advance

There are scenarios in game where 60 fps is impossible, no matter how much money you throw at your PC. Its simply coding and how the engine reacts to how many people are around you.

Yes some spots in the raid you will peg vsync, but others you can drop all the way down to 30. World bosses as well, expect to drop down to 30-40 fps. Blizzard is trying to alleviate this a little by making only your own spell effects on screen but that still wont fix the problem with all those people next to you. They would have to redo the entire engine to make 60 fps at all times a thing. This isnt only wow btw, other mmo engines are even worse......a LOT worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 1680x1050, on High settings, an OC'd 3570K ought to do 60fps in.... Most places. As Fascinate said, there are simply -some- places where no computer on earth can get 60fps, but at that resolution, you should.

My 3570K @ 4.4ghz gets 45-55 in most raids on "Ultra" for the most part. Enough for me to be happy, shiny pictures, and rarely ever notice it dropping.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do feel you need to get 60 fps all the time? I know some can see a difference maybe with lower than that, but for myself, I do not notice much difference at all in performance until I drop below 25 fps or so. You can expect good fps with that CPU and GPU in any raid situation in 25 mans. However, in open world boss fights with like 50+ players in the same fight, I do not think so, but you should not be concerned with it. If you can maintain 20+ fps in those situations, you are doing good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Why do feel you need to get 60 fps all the time?
    It's not quite so much about 'getting 60'. It's about reducing the dips down to 30. Its about pushing your minimum fps up, not the max. 60 is the max for most monitors, so they cap at 60 anyway... if you can push your minimum closer to that, you notice it less.

Its not so much the 'rate' as the 'change'. Lots of people are happy at 30-40, IF it stays there. 30-40 is better than a range of 20-50.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

your I5 is faster than my I7 950. And I can manage 50-60fps in 25 man raid settings. Though I'm fairly certain the processor is rarely the limiter on wow fps.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Though I'm fairly certain the processor is rarely the limiter on wow fps.
    The CPU is -the- main limited in wow fps when it comes to raids

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The CPU is -the- main limited in wow fps when it comes to raids

This basically, i havent seen a computer running wow at everything max in 25 man raids always at 60 fps+.
    If i stand in crowded stormwind i get around 55fps. I can change every display setting i want, shadows, resolution, AA you name it, the fps never changes.
    Last edited by megabeat; 2013-12-07 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    but at that resolution, you should.
    Minimum framerate determination by the CPU is not influenced by the resolution, or any graphical settings for that matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Why do feel you need to get 60 fps all the time? I know some can see a difference maybe with lower than that, but for myself, I do not notice much difference at all in performance until I drop below 25 fps or so. You can expect good fps with that CPU and GPU in any raid situation in 25 mans. However, in open world boss fights with like 50+ players in the same fight, I do not think so, but you should not be concerned with it. If you can maintain 20+ fps in those situations, you are doing good enough.
    got a curious question and i always ask this when ever someone mentions something like this, but do you play other games and what are your current specs and have you ever used a high end machine assuming you dont have a high end machine, the sorta machines im talking about are.

i5 3570 k + 680/7970 class gpus and above, at least 8 GB of ram and clean power supplying these parts.

if you havent, then you will never know the experience of gaming at this performance lvl, ive owned low and mid end parts, and moved upto high end, there is a difference.

As you can see in my see sig rig, I have an overclocked i5 3570K. I usually dont raid 25man on my main but I do run LFR with my alts a couple time per week. Pretty much all the settings are on ultra(4x AA, 1440p), except shadow and particle density. I usually stay between 55-60fps but sometime theres simply just too much shit going on and it can easily drop to 35-40fps. On world boss , it can drop to 25-30fps but theres usually 100+ ppl hiting the boss.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    got a curious question and i always ask this when ever someone mentions something like this, but do you play other games and what are your current specs and have you ever used a high end machine assuming you dont have a high end machine, the sorta machines im talking about are.

i5 3570 k + 680/7970 class gpus and above, at least 8 GB of ram and clean power supplying these parts.

if you havent, then you will never know the experience of gaming at this performance lvl, ive owned low and mid end parts, and moved upto high end, there is a difference.
    Well I would not say my system is a top of the line, but it plays everything I want to play at high to ultra settings at mostly 50+ fps. i7 4770, 16gb ram and a Nvidia GTX 645 2GB DDR5. I do not think I need anything better to experience the type of games I want to play any better. 50 fps with ultra settings in the mostly MMO's I play is plenty good enough. My system is very stable ( has never locked up or had to be restarted due to any system errors. ) It is extremely quiet, which is very important to me. I do not do any overclocking, so it never overheats and I feel if something is working very well, do not try to fix it.

I happen to not be one of those who are fps watchers to the point I feel I need a higher fps than I can physically notice. Maybe you can, but do not assume it will be a issue with everyone. I get about the same fps as mnm above, in the same situations, only with 8 x AA, shadows /water on ultra but with spell particles on good. The game has too much spell effects on high for my taste. View distance and char modeling is on ultra also.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2013-12-08 at 04:32 AM.

Thread moved to sub-forum.