Thread: How coin work?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Differentiate between "Getting nothing" and "Getting stuff I already have".

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

coins does not work
    from the start of 5.4 patch i can count coin drops on one hand
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

In LFR you have a 25% chance of getting a piece of loot from the boss' loot table when it dies.

If you then roll a coin, you have another 25% chance of getting a piece of loot. It's exactly as if you "looted" the boss twice.

Outside of LFR the boss has a fixed pool of drops, but the coin works exactly the same, 25% chance of loot dropping.

In all cases, which piece it drops out of the ones available to you is also random.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Differentiate between "Getting nothing" and "Getting stuff I already have".

/thread
    Yeah this.

The game doesn't.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-12-09 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Adril View Post
    the way i have heard it work, is that when you coin a boss, and dont get anything, the next coin on that same boss has an increased chance to get loot, and it gets higher for every coin, until you get something on that boss, then it resets back. i dont know the % since i have coined Malkorok Heroic 9 weeks and havent gotten anything yet.
    I'd not heard the thing about each individual boss being independent of each other. I thought it was just an increasing chance of getting loot on a coin roll after each failed roll regardless of what boss the coins were used on.

Also are the people saying I haven't won anything for x ammount of weeks literally not winning anything or are they just winning stuff they don't have / want?

I actually prefer to get gold than getting an item I have or don't want because least my coin loot chance wont reset if I get nothing.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-12-09 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apocek View Post
    i cannot describe how frustrating are coing extra rolls. I dont raid that much, and usually have 3 coins max, and when i use them i get gold 95,45% of the time....the mage in my raid gets loot all the time, not to mention a priest. That is the most frustrating part of the game, cause you know you cant do anything about it no matter what you do. This extra roll system is the most idiotic thing that blizz came up with, after "new age" PvP....my 2 cents
    Getting an extra chance at loot =/= getting the loot you want 100% of the time every time.
    We could always go back to not having coins at all, then all these threads would just be renamed "fucking shit wont drop my fucking shit, why did they remove fucking coins?!!"
    Blizzard just can't win.

I love the coin roll system. Without it, I'd still be at 560 ilvl as all the drops we've seen in my guild are plate and leather :/ Currently the only pieces I haven't rolled for myself are tier legs, bracers, and tier helm (not even equipped) and i'm at 576 in a 10-man.

Quote Originally Posted by apocek View Post
    i cannot describe how frustrating are coing extra rolls. I dont raid that much, and usually have 3 coins max, and when i use them i get gold 95,45% of the time....the mage in my raid gets loot all the time, not to mention a priest. That is the most frustrating part of the game, cause you know you cant do anything about it no matter what you do. This extra roll system is the most idiotic thing that blizz came up with, after "new age" PvP....my 2 cents
    So... they give you a free chance at loot and you hate it because you're unlucky? You'd rather not get a chance? Honestly, that's one of the stupidest complaints I've ever heard.

If you hate it so much, stop using it.

OT: It's almost certainly the case that bonus coin roll % increases are per boss.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-12-09 at 02:00 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu