Poll: What you guys prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

5 Man Dungeon Difficulty Poll in WoD

I wanna know what would you guys prefer for the 5 man dungeon Model in WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    This has been discussed in several threads, and it warrants a poll I feel. The reasons for adding it is listed below, feel free to leave a comment as well.

For:
    1. Gives us a dungeon difficulty above todays heroic dungeons.
    2. Alternative end game for players of a highers skill who don't have time for raiding.
    3. Keeps 5-mans more relevant.
    4. Easy to implement as it is mostly tuning.
    5. Incentive for players of a lower difficulty level to improve.
    6. Bigger pool of players for Mythic raiding guilds to recruit from.

Against:
    1. Difficult to see how this can handle random queuing.
    2. Many players grinding LFR today might choose this option over LFR.
    3. There will be QQ and cries for nerfs if the mainstream crowd starts attempting these.

These are just some of the reasons for/against, I am sure there are hundreds of angles to look at this from.
    This guy gave great detailed explanation of pros/cons of mythic5 man Dungeon difficulty
    Last edited by mmoc125f7edd6d; 2013-12-06 at 12:46 PM.

About the difficulty of the heroic dungeons during Cataclysm's launch should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgrax View Post
    About the difficulty of the heroic dungeons during Cataclysm's launch should be fun.
    This. As long as they don't do a knee-jerk reaction nerf when everyone cries about needing to use CC and single target spells.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

Deleted
    This^ prefer it to slow down, cc & single target than just a aoe fest

Eh as much as I want cata heroics at launch it was terrible trying to do them that way with LFG tool with some really awful players. I'd say somewhere between cata and mop difficulty. Not too hard for bad players, and not too easy for good players. We all don't have friends in game anymore after my heroic raid guild of a few years fell apart and I really didn't wanna attempt joining another, so now I'm stuck with flex and LFG as I consider myself a heroic high end raider gone casual, so it can be frustrating to me.

I don't think they should scale them up in difficulty in terms of how Cata was. They should add a gambit system or something, whereas there are certain conditions that must be met. So...you start up a dungeon, and have the option to turn it on (like Heroic), and then it prompts you to choose...I don't know, 3/5 hindrances or extra things to do within the dungeon. Then at certain junctures, you can pick what turns on.
    So maybe it's like...at first, you pick a relatively easy thing to overcome. Like...IDK, no CC abilities (and the dungeon wouldn't need them really). Then, once you defeat the first boss, you have to activate another. Say...no AoE heals or Taunt allowed. Getting harder. Then after the second boss, one more...No AoE damage abilities allowed. I think it could be a fun twist in terms of using abilities you might not normally use to maximize DPS because of your situation.

Maybe if the mobs and bosses are scaled really high as well, each juncture could offer a buff. Permanent bloodlust, no mana costs, etc. I think overall, something should be really fun while providing difficulty.

Mechanics on bosses and harder pulls are nice changes, but I think restrictions to allow resourcefulness and fun buffs would be nice too.

Another cool thing could be that the restrictions/gambits would randomize in a sense, or pick from a large pool, so that each time it's different.

Note: Gambit might not be the right word, but I like it.

Deleted
    Well this is on the official WoD-expansion page:

We’re also looking to get back to the roots of dungeon content this expansion, and ensuring that they’re not only a significant part of the leveling and story experience as they always have been, but that they also play their part in helping you gear up and get ready for raiding. To that end we’re going to bring back max-level “Normal” dungeons, which—along with Scenarios—will help bridge the gap between level-up quest gear and Heroic dungeons. As Heroics won’t be the first thing you jump into at level 100, it also gives us some room to make Heroic dungeon content a bit more difficult.
    The question is how much 'a bit' ultimately is.

Deleted
    Difficult but make difficulty scale with Ilvl so it remains a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't care, i do dungeons prob one or two times for the fun, i do them every other time for valour -.-

Cata difficulty please. MoP heroics were a joke - I had the glory ach on the same day myself and some guildies hit 90

10+ Year Old Account
    I support this. But then LFG needs to go.

Normal = Current Normal
    Heroic = the last 3 Heroic dung difficulty as we had in Cata
    "Mythic" = Cata Heroic as they were at launch, maybe scaled up depending on Group's average ilvl or something so you don't overgear

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We don't need a 4th dungeon difficulty(normal, heroic, mythic and challenge). They just need to tune dungeons to not be faceroll regardless of gear.
    Challenge mode is not a difficulty, it shouldn't even be considered hard, it's the same as heroic dungeons, you mass pull shit, AoE/Stunlock them down, use items that skip trash and such. Much Hard, So Wow. And rewards are pathetic.

We need a difficulty where those that want challenge and appropriate reward for it can do AND you have a reason to spam queue them. Epic quality items, mounts/pets and such. Challenge modes are "do once, forget forever" kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RumlyD View Post
    This. As long as they don't do a knee-jerk reaction nerf when everyone cries about needing to use CC and single target spells.
    The problem has been the toolkits of each class varied, and so something like CC being fundamental or at least important enough screwed over many groups who did not have the right composition.
    People have knee-jerk reactions to valid criticisms because they are too narrow-minded to see any reasons other than assuming it was always about skill.

Those dungeons have to cater to people at the level cap for the first time, something the arrogant "skilled" players choose repeatedly to ignore, since it does not support their view that they should be the core audience the game caters to.

Bumping up the difficulty simply increases an already existing problem, inaccessibility of content due to inflated requirements and a horrible community that is not understanding any longer of people who are new or simply inexperienced.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-06 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We don't need a 4th dungeon difficulty(normal, heroic, mythic and challenge). They just need to tune dungeons to not be faceroll regardless of gear.
    I think they are referring to scenarios ending up being before heroic dungeons in wod.

Deleted
    If they do, I hope it's like heroic scenarios and you actually have to find people to queue with instead of mindless LFG. It you put them on LFG then they'll be nerfed before 6.1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    Well this is on the official WoD-expansion page:

The question is how much 'a bit' ultimately is.
    Its prob gonna be like WotLK where heroics at the start will be more difficult the MoP but once you get some gear it be zerg fest unfortunately.

I think a lot of people miss understand what mythic difficulty mean and what it brings.The basic idea is to add another difficulty to the 5 man dungeons which will be harder and give better loot.

By harder I mean higher scaled dungeons that mobs(trash and bosses) have more hit points and do more dmg but also have raid type mechanics. People say you just out scale the dungeon once you get better gear and then it be easy and that is true but all you had to do is introduce none scalable mechanics(or partly scalable) such as 'one shot' if you stand in wrong place you die, you can't out scale that no matter how good your gear is or melee mob special ability that hits for 50 % of the target HP if not interrupted or healer add that heals for 50 % HP or healing reduction debuff for next spell cast on that person will not matter how big your heal is its still do 0 healing. These mechanics can be on bosses but also trash and force people to cc because it be too difficult to aoe them down when mob healer is healing for 50 % hp and melee mob hits for 50 % hp on tank if not interrupted and so on.

Bosses should have more variety of abilities similar to raids such as where you have to go near boss if you got a debuff to remove it or you cause massive aoe damage to all people in the area after 5 seconds. This will make bosses more fun and trash more challenging and overall make dungeons take longer to complete and therefore take longer to out scale these type of dungeons with gear.

No matter how hard dungeon is if it does not give better loot it is really pointless to do dungeon when you can just get similar loot in normals. This is why the gear loot should be close to item level of LFR or Flex raid so people who don't have time to raid 3-4 hours, but still like doing challenging content that is similar to raids and like progressing their characters and pve raid level mythic style 5 man dungeons fits this perfectly.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked MoP difficulty. It had the right mix of AoEing packs, strategic bosses, and even the odd gauntlet or two.

However, what Blizz needs to change is the number of dungeons. MoP had a low number at launch, even fewer that mattered in terms of gear upgrades, and none added post-launch. All of those numbers need to go up for WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Normal = Current Normal
    Heroic = the last 3 Heroic dung difficulty as we had in Cata
    "Mythic" = Cata Heroic as they were at launch, maybe scaled up depending on Group's average ilvl or something so you don't overgear
    Son, we already have Mythic.

It's called Challenge Mode. People just never used them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do all dungeons have to be the same difficulty level? There could be some that are harder than others, you know. And you don't even have to call them differently. Just make normal dungeons... some of which happen to be harder than others. And then make heroic dungeons, and let dungeon B be a little harder than dungeon A and put in dungeon C that is even harder. It could be like BC where you'd go: "Oh let's do Botanica, that one's easy and gives a lot of badges. We can do Shadow Lab another time! And let's NEVER ever again set foot inside CoT1heroic!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Son, we already have Mythic.

It's called Challenge Mode. People just never used them.
    Time instances where trash mobs are the main focus of the instance is not my idea of mythic.