Poll: How long have you raided for and do you still raid?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biased poll is naturally biased. It's not really an interesting conversation involved in this poll as it is effectively being used not for the intended purpose, but to assert that LFR is not raiding. I raided in Vanilla and I still raid, using LFR and Flex.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Biased poll is naturally biased. It's not really an interesting conversation involved in this poll as it is effectively being used not for the intended purpose, but to assert that LFR is not raiding. I raided in Vanilla and I still raid, using LFR and Flex.
    What the hell are you talking about?

I raid LFR and Flex and think they're 2 of the best features Blizzard have added in the last 2 expansions, but this is a thread about organised raiding i.e raiding intended for guilds with set time schedules.

Stop looking for reasons to get offended.

This thread is to see if people still commit set days a week to raiding and if it tends to be older players who do it or if most are burnt out by now and leave it to newer players, now stop trying to derail it with your bollocks about the validity of LFR/Flex
    Last edited by wych; 2013-12-06 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    EARLY NOTE BEFORE VOTING: I AM MAKING THE POLL ANONYMOUS, SO DON'T BOTHER LYING ALL IT DOES IT NEEDLESSLY SKEW THE NUMBERS.
    BY RAIDING I MEAN ORGANISED RAIDING, NOT FLEX PUGS OR LFR

So I am actually interested in how long many players have been raiding, or if people still bother, particularly the older players. Personally I raided from vanilla-->Early Cata, and since then i've lost the drive to get into real raiding, I guess it's the whole "been there done that kind of thing".

So I was wondering if other people are the same and eventually grew bored of organised raiding, or if people still raid after long periods of time?
    Raiding since BC. Missed much of MoP due to RL issues, but fully intend to raid Mythic in WoD (and probably end up getting carried through the rest of SoO when I decide on a guild since it's already older content, but that doesn't really count).

LFR and Flex can be picked up and dropped on the spot, they stand in no relation to real organized raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started raiding in TBC, stopped in IC. Just got old and too time consuming.

Been playing since the US closed Beta back in.. what.. 2004?
    Still raiding today, got our Garrosh HC kill two days ago.

Well, I seem to really be in the minority, I played a bit in TBC, quit before max level, (computer/ internet sucked too much). I started playing last year and now am in a progression minded guild as one of their tanks in a 10 man core. I have to say from what I know, most people in my guild have at least played since WotLK or BC, guild really formed in Cata with serious raiding

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Stop looking for reasons to get offended.

This thread is to see if people still commit set days a week to raiding and if it tends to be older players who do it or if most are burnt out by now and leave it to newer players, now stop trying to derail it with your bollocks about the validity of LFR/Flex
    I'm clearly not offended as my language is civil and not escalating. This is a discussion forum and I'm free to think your survey is lacking. If you don't like people criticizing your choices, go back to anonymity. It doesn't matter what you 'feel' it matters what the poll accomplishes. In my eyes it does exactly what I stated it does. If you don't like it, grow some thicker skin. No one is after you in a witch hunt.
    BAD WOLF

I raided in every expansion at normal at some point and usually quit after first couple tiers.

Vanilla I quit after MC because it was boring as hell and tbh raiding back then was just stupid.

In TBC I quit after T6 because I got replaced by a shaman for sunwell, le fun.

In WOTLK I raided entire expansion, except Ruby Dragon since nobody seemed to give a crap about that.

In Cata I did not really raid at all, first expansion I played less than half of. 4.2 = trolls = nope.

In MoP I raided 5.0, skipped 5.2 and now am raiding 5.4. 5.2 = trolls = nope.

I'm clearly not offended as my language is civil and not escalating. This is a discussion forum and I'm free to think your survey is lacking. If you don't like people criticizing your choices, go back to anonymity. It doesn't matter what you 'feel' it matters what the poll accomplishes. In my eyes it does exactly what I stated it does. If you don't like it, grow some thicker skin. No one is after you in a witch hunt.
    You made this statement

"as it is effectively being used not for the intended purpose, but to assert that LFR is not raiding"

Not a single person in this thread has made that comment or that leap except you, everybody else has taken the thread for what it is, a survey on somebody interested in how many people are still involved in regular, organised raiding.

If you're butthurt about people's opinions of LFR and Flex, then go and make a thread about it or post in one of the 1000000 threads already made, but this thread is not intended for that, so please stop attempting to derail it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid 25man since TBC.

It's not really an interesting conversation involved in this poll as it is effectively being used not for the intended purpose, but to assert that LFR is not raiding.
    You can't compare "LFR-jump in when you want" with "schedule your RL around 3+ raid days".
    The OP wants to know who does the latter and for how long.

Deleted
    Hardcore raiding in Vanilla, casual raiding in TBC, Hardcore raiding thrugh half of Wrath then casual after Ulduar, casual in Cata and Hardcore in MoP.

I always want to be #1, in anything I do, but the expansions I have done casual raiding has been either due to lack of time to put in or lack of fun content. Ive basicly been playing the same class thrugh it all aswell.
    Last edited by mmoceec252ebf2; 2013-12-06 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    Raided in vanilla, TBC and WoTLK with breaks in between. Currently doing LFR (and did flex 2 wings!) while catching up on Cata/MoP content.

I don't see point in doing harder content. For me once boss is dead, its dead. Killing it with more hp and extra abilities doesn't make it new, so I'm ok with LFR/Flex. Maybe I'll do normal once geared up for proper organized raiding experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raided heavily in classic, guild fell sadly fell apart after several migrations to and from that realm, and having a bad guild merger at that.
    This was around when AQ40 came out, so I didn't get to do much of AQ 40, and barely set foot in naxxramas.

In TBC I raided more casually in a not so good guild, almost quit in TBC because I was so far behind and didn't get to raid as much as I wanted to.

WotLK continued to be casual raiding for me, but at least my guild cleared most of Ulduar when it was current content. So I was happy about that. But internal guild drama killed that guild as well.

Cata I didn't do anything else than LFR, not even PuG's.
    And it's the same now in MoP.

I was pretty much fed up about guild drama and simply couldn't bother anymore. Might be something in Flex raiding for me, but going to wait until warlords to try that out.
    Don't see the point in starting now at the end of the expansion.