Poll: Do you think Stance of the Gladiator will successfully allow prot to be viable dps?

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ronocko View Post
    maybe im misunderstanding you, so what you're saying is that instead of having to get dps gear we can go full dps for a fight and lose our tank bonus' (threat and damage mitigation) but stay in our normal tank gear?
    Or that mid fight we can change to dps with full blown dps in tank gear?
    It means with the talent, we become full DPS with tank gear, as sword-and-board. Without it, we're the same tanks we've always been. As I understand from twitter, can't switch between the two in combat.

It's like feral and guardian Druids. The style people want is the old one, where a Druid tank could go kitty for extra DPS when they weren't tanking. The style we'd get is basically a choice between guardian or feral, it's just a talent instead of a spec, if that makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    It means with the talent, we become full DPS with tank gear, as sword-and-board. Without it, we're the same tanks we've always been. As I understand from twitter, can't switch between the two in combat.

It's like feral and guardian Druids. The style people want is the old one, where a Druid tank could go kitty for extra DPS when they weren't tanking. The style we'd get is basically a choice between guardian or feral, it's just a talent instead of a spec, if that makes sense.
    do druids have to waste a talent slot on going feral cat? serious question I dont know since I came back recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first I saw of this Glad Stance idea, I was hoping you could switch back and forth in combat for the oh-so-very-common taunt swaps. Seems that's not the case. It could still be a "talent of convenience" letting you have a DPS offspec that uses the same gear, saving you a bunch of bag/bank slots...but I'm not sure that's the right way to go. I admit I don't know how Glad Stance is supposed to get Rage, but if it involves Revenge while you're not tanking, it'll be a struggle to keep this balanced. Great for solo work, however.

End result: by the information I read from this thread, no, I don't think it'll be all that good DPS.

do druids have to waste a talent slot on going feral cat? serious question I dont know since I came back recently.
    No, but they have to spend a spec to do feral cat well. Druids have four specs now.

Deleted
    just seems sort of unnecessary and a waste of prot talent slot to have what is essentially a gimmick that should be a glyph or its own spec.
    But someone said earlier in the thread that it might have additional benefits to the prot spec so as always we'll just have to see how it plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have to waste an entire spec.

Bears and cats are two totally different specs nowadays. They share gear, but not a lot else.

just seems sort of unnecessary and a waste of prot talent slot to have what is essentially a gimmick that should be a glyph or its own spec.
    But someone said earlier in the thread that it might have additional benefits to the prot spec so as always we'll just have to see how it plays out.
    I'm just not sure how they can do that. If it replaces Defensive Stance, which it currently says it does, then you simply can't be a tank and take the talent. I look forward to a bit more commentary.

No, it's a spec for them (feral is now the DPS kitteh tree, Guardian is the bear tank spec). But my statement stands, it's nearly the same thing, just a talent for us, a spec for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zell the Malefic View Post
    They have to waste an entire spec.

Bears and cats are two totally different specs nowadays. They share gear, but not a lot else.

I'm just not sure how they can do that. If it replaces Defensive Stance, which it currently says it does, then you simply can't be a tank and take the talent. I look forward to a bit more commentary.
    If it's an experiment like they said it is, it's possible that they might be intending to do two things: 1. See how people like a sword-and-board DPS spec (tons of people, myself included, loved being able to DPS as Blood back in the day), which could translate to an actual fourth spec for warriors (which makes sense, two tanking specs aren't necessary, and it fills the other requirement for warriors being weapons masters; we'd then have the bladesmaster spec, Arms, raging berserker spec, Fury, the immovable wall of player, Protection, and the ever-present, badass sword-and-board spec).

If they're not testing it out for that reason, it's possible that they're trying to do what I believe one of them insinuated in a tweet; trying to see how people would like if tank specs had the possibility to do good DPS while losing their ability to tank.

If it still removes DStance, it'll be a fun talent to play with. I'd gladly DPS with a sword and shield at the cost of not being able to tank. It's iconic, it's badass, and it fills the void people have been asking for since vanilla. I don't think you'll be able to switch between the two in combat, the possibility of it being way too strong is too high, and we'd end up in a situation like Ferals before the introduction of the Guardian spec.

So excited to see the tweets that seem to imply they are still working to make this a thing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    well I hope it wouldn't force people who prefer arms into prot
    People actually enjoy pressing 5 buttons?
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Deleted
    I don't think it will actually be a thing. I guess the original intention was to create the ability to do dps as a tank while not actively tanking. But in this case it makes no sense to replace def stance with glad stance. Maybe they are planning to give this kind of abilities to every tank spec? (blood dps?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling a Warrior up in anticipation of the possibility of playing a true Warrior (sword and shield) without having to be a tank.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faxenator View Post
    I don't think it will actually be a thing. I guess the original intention was to create the ability to do dps as a tank while not actively tanking. But in this case it makes no sense to replace def stance with glad stance. Maybe they are planning to give this kind of abilities to every tank spec? (blood dps?)
    I don't think they want it to replace defensive stance anymore and just lock you into either glad or prot during the fight, its not meant to allow a tanking warrior to switch to dps mid fight. they are only trying it out for prot because they thing that will be the easiest and fits the idea best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gladiator's Resolve- Replaces Battle Stance. Deal 20% additional damage and replaces Shield Block with Shield Charge. Shield Charge- 20 rage, 10 yd range, 15 second recharge, 2 charges. Charge to target and deal 30% extra damage with Shield Slam, Revenge, and Heroic Strike for 6 seconds.

I wonder if the Shield Barrier->Shield Slam damage still exists, and whether or not Heavy Repercussions glyph works with it, because if it does, humongous Shield Slam hits. Pitty bout the mastery->crit conversion being gone though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbramancer View Post
    People actually enjoy pressing 5 buttons?
    Yes, because Fury requires more finger dexterity than that, right? lol

I also like how people are against more choices and variety for a class. Seriously GTFO and whine elsewhere!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Seems I was right. Replaces Battle Stance instead, and no stance dancing in combat. That's good, it'd have been way too strong otherwise, and we'd have had Feral Druids pre-MoP all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Seems I was right. Replaces Battle Stance instead, and no stance dancing in combat. That's good, it'd have been way too strong otherwise, and we'd have had Feral Druids pre-MoP all over again.
    Its still too strong and a stupid concept. The take away vengeance because they dont want tanks doing more damage the DPS then they put this in where I'm gonna be forced to use it on any DPS check fight.

I'd rather they did away with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Its still too strong and a stupid concept. The take away vengeance because they dont want tanks doing more damage the DPS then they put this in where I'm gonna be forced to use it on any DPS check fight.

I'd rather they did away with it.
    It gives no damage benefit if your taking it as a tank.

If gladiator stance does go in, does that mean protection warriors only get 2 talent choices at 100?
    No, you can still choose it. Taking the talent gives you an extra 5% damage reduction to Defensive Stance. Your Battle Stance is changed to Gladiator Stance. But you won't be able to change into or out of that stance in combat.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    It gives no damage benefit if your taking it as a tank.
    ........You can just tank in Glad stance and gain the DPS and not worry about your defensives.

Unwavering Sentinel (reduced chance to be crit) doesnt require you to be in defensive stance. This will be exactly like vengeance cheesing was in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    ........You can just tank in Glad stance and gain the DPS and not worry about your defensives.

Unwavering Sentinel (reduced chance to be crit) doesnt require you to be in defensive stance. This will be exactly like vengeance cheesing was in MoP.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...92031682760704

Considering that you cant change in or out of it in combat - NO.