Poll: Do you think Stance of the Gladiator will successfully allow prot to be viable dps?

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think if this is successful this might open up the possibility for other multi-role specs such as enhancement or demo tank and even a bear dps. I support this.
    Yeah I wouldn't take it that far. If it worked out I think the next thing on the plate would be Blood DK and Prot Pally DPS, maybe Warlock tank. Druids really dont need bear dps as they have four specs already. I see this as an early extension of four spec classes. It is pretty hard to make 3 specs feel very different though, adding a fourth to every class is even harder.

Deleted
    Hmm, but that leaves the question.

How will Gladiator work with pvp gear, how will pvp gear look for Warrior in WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's going to go live being OP in PvP, get a big nerf that warriors will cry about for the rest of the expansion.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't take it that far. If it worked out I think the next thing on the plate would be Blood DK and Prot Pally DPS, maybe Warlock tank. Druids really dont need bear dps as they have four specs already. I see this as an early extension of four spec classes. It is pretty hard to make 3 specs feel very different though, adding a fourth to every class is even harder.
    To be honest, this SHOULD be the warrior forth spec, not just talent point opening up tri-spec for all prot warriors in a new fashion.

But since they are doing this, I honestly would suggest they merge cat and bear specs back into one and make it default DPS with Cat doing similar to rogue style and bear similiar to arms warrior style and then a new 100 point talent that turns bear into a warrior style tank and a cat into a DK style tank. Only fair =)

But aside from that, unless they make into a separate spec or give it a huge cast time to change stances, the PvP implications will leave them with no choice but to either leave it gimped in PvE or make prot as a whole WAY too OP in PvP. And the justifiable complaints from others when it hits live to find out warriors were giving 2 specs in one will be huge, especially from druids who had theirs broke up and will see this as a giant spit in the face.

Just to mention a few things for the PvP side of things. Glad dose not have the MS effecet, Hamstring is bound to revenge, so it's on a 9second cooldown, it dose not have any sort of burst.

They could also easily fix this issue with the same system that will lock people who queue as dps or healers to the spec that they joined as. If you queue as a DPS you are bound to stay in glad stance, if you queue as a tank you are locked in defensive stance. It's an issue that is quite easy to fix if Blizzard feel like glad warriors bring to much to the PvP Scene.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Just to mention a few things for the PvP side of things. Glad dose not have the MS effecet, Hamstring is bound to revenge, so it's on a 9second cooldown, it dose not have any sort of burst.

They could also easily fix this issue with the same system that will lock people who queue as dps or healers to the spec that they joined as. If you queue as a DPS you are bound to stay in glad stance, if you queue as a tank you are locked in defensive stance. It's an issue that is quite easy to fix if Blizzard feel like glad warriors bring to much to the PvP Scene.
    Still doesn't change the effect it has on PvP outside of BGs and Arena, but I haven't played in a while and from I have read, blizzard has cast all pretenses of world PvP out the window.

And as far as locking players into their specs for BGs, I have a feeling that would do more harm than good as many of them won't actually run as Healer or whatever because they are forced to, many will just not play. The mentality to play prot or healer specs is different than DPS in PvE and from last I played, they had already admitted they couldn't do much to balance tanking specs in PvP with how Arena is setup.

For me, I honestly hope that Gladiator works out as a SPEC, it should never be something as simple as a talent though, especially with how they have changed specs now where they can create and delete them with ease with zero effect on the other specs. As a talent, they are opening up a whole can of worms here.

Deleted
    I really don't understand this talent tbh. You can't switch into or out of it during combat, so I really don't get what the difference is between this and just changing spec to arms/fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Puriel2000 View Post
    I really don't understand this talent tbh. You can't switch into or out of it during combat, so I really don't get what the difference is between this and just changing spec to arms/fury.
    If they make it so you end up using your tanking neck, cloak, rings and trinkets in Glad Stance, then it makes it attractive to prot warriors to go Glad on fights where less tanks are needed, since they can just use their tanking gear and not have to worry about gearing up a dps set. I don't know if they will do that, and tbh from a balance perspective, they probably shouldn't...but even if you do have to get DPS items in those slots, it's a new choice in how to play dps, so I don't know why there needs to be more of an explanation than that. It's spicing up a class by giving it new toys without having to go through the hassle of implementing a brand new class from scratch.

And if they do treat Glad Stance as a guinea pig to later implement it to all the other tank classes, then it's again a way to spice up those classes without having to make a new class. If they go further with it, they can make all classes have a fourth spec (and druids a fifth?) since everyone expects new toys in an expansion and they can't very well add new races and/or classes every single time without diluting the entire game.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

This is essentially a talent splitting one tree into two. It is an experiment just like the 3 dk tank trees and warlock tanking via glyph of demon hunting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    To be honest, this SHOULD be the warrior forth spec, not just talent point opening up tri-spec for all prot warriors in a new fashion.

But since they are doing this, I honestly would suggest they merge cat and bear specs back into one and make it default DPS with Cat doing similar to rogue style and bear similiar to arms warrior style and then a new 100 point talent that turns bear into a warrior style tank and a cat into a DK style tank. Only fair =)

But aside from that, unless they make into a separate spec or give it a huge cast time to change stances, the PvP implications will leave them with no choice but to either leave it gimped in PvE or make prot as a whole WAY too OP in PvP. And the justifiable complaints from others when it hits live to find out warriors were giving 2 specs in one will be huge, especially from druids who had theirs broke up and will see this as a giant spit in the face.
    Actually, I don't think they should have tri or even dual spec. What they need to do is allow you to switch between any one of your specs and have separate talent bars when you do.

Deleted
    I sure hope so, I've never played or liked the warrior class before, but dpsing with a one hander and a shield sounds very enjoyable and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbar View Post
    If they make it so you end up using your tanking neck, cloak, rings and trinkets in Glad Stance, then it makes it attractive to prot warriors to go Glad on fights where less tanks are needed, since they can just use their tanking gear and not have to worry about gearing up a dps set. I don't know if they will do that, and tbh from a balance perspective, they probably shouldn't...but even if you do have to get DPS items in those slots, it's a new choice in how to play dps, so I don't know why there needs to be more of an explanation than that. It's spicing up a class by giving it new toys without having to go through the hassle of implementing a brand new class from scratch.
    The main issue with this, is that most fights in Warlords are going to be 2 tank with the occasional 3. Unless there are more fights where you can realistically solo tank it, then perhaps you will see prot warriors going glad stance for boss fights. Other than that, you will probably never see a raid guild recruit a prot warrior for 100% glad stance as it provides no real bonus and is less dps than a real dps warrior.

Gonna jump on the maybe train with this one. It depends on A)If you can use all tank gear and B) if its dps will be up to par with fury/arms. I have always somewhat liked warriors and if I could be a regular full time dps in full prot gear (guardian druids and BrM monks) then I am all for it. To me, unless it is on par with fury / arms for dps then this really is a waste of a talent that no credible warrior will take. Even more so if you must have dps trinkets, rings, cloak, and neck in order for it to even be as viable as it can be. Can't even use it as a "this fight only needs one tank" thing on progression since you are stuck without being able to change in or out of it during combat. If I am progressing and can cut down on a tank and get another dps, you better believe the gladiator warrior is gone for a real dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Gonna jump on the maybe train with this one. It depends on A)If you can use all tank gear and B) if its dps will be up to par with fury/arms. I have always somewhat liked warriors and if I could be a regular full time dps in full prot gear (guardian druids and BrM monks) then I am all for it. To me, unless it is on par with fury / arms for dps then this really is a waste of a talent that no credible warrior will take. Even more so if you must have dps trinkets, rings, cloak, and neck in order for it to even be as viable as it can be. Can't even use it as a "this fight only needs one tank" thing on progression since you are stuck without being able to change in or out of it during combat. If I am progressing and can cut down on a tank and get another dps, you better believe the gladiator warrior is gone for a real dps.
    K yeah, so they said it's gonna be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Well, it is still Alpha so that can change easily. It also doesn't tell us if you can use full on tank gear or if you will need some dps pieces. I will need to see what happens closer to launch / further into beta when that starts. They could decide its too much work to balance a single spec doing two roles and scrap it like they have in the past with every dk tree and druid tanking / feral tree while it was combined. Leading me to believe that it wont be just as viable, just not horrible. Because they have shown they don't like balancing two roles for one spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post
    Tauren likely come after Orcs. Hell, everything except for male belfs.
    I was planning on gladiatoring my Male Belf warrior aswell :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puriel2000 View Post
    Have you seen Troy? 300? Gladiator? I've been waiting for a sword and board dps since the good old days of ffxi and obviously Im far from alone.

Shield =/= tanking, rather it shouldnt. Personally, I cant wait.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    And that statement comes from the same guys that few months ago claimed that not all spec's needed to be viable, lol.

On-topic:
    I think that the claims that DPS tanks would be viable with a tanking gear is a nonsense, just because someone would give it a try with a DPS gear, and then they would notice how much better it is. So, in very short words, or too overpowered, or too underpowered, because one thing you could be sure, if they make a Glad stance warrior viable with tanking gear, then he would be really OP with a DPS gear.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2014-05-06 at 03:29 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd dig it.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Have you seen Troy? 300? Gladiator? I've been waiting for a sword and board dps since the good old days of ffxi and obviously Im far from alone.

Shield =/= tanking, rather it shouldnt. Personally, I cant wait.
    This is exactly why my blog looks as rediculous as it does. SO pumped for this. If bladed armor worked for Gladstance, I expect its just going to be subpar to stack attack power, when you can get better stats with dps gear, so you wouldn't be taking first choice tank gear ( neck/ring/etc ) but you'd just be able to have it as a secondary option if you can't get a crit/haste neck or whatever.

I think they're mostly trying this because with the active tanking on Prot Warrior, it is FUN to dps, and the rage gen/spenders should work pretty well as a dps spec. I honestly just wish there were either 1h polearms, or Gladstance let you wield a 2hander in 1 hand.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...72354868736001

That tweet makes it sound like you can do Glad Stance dps will full tank gear, including rings, cloak, rings and trinkets.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08