Poll: Do you think Stance of the Gladiator will successfully allow prot to be viable dps?

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    4 specs is different than 3 specs and a talent that lets you "dps" as a tank.

you're going to have one person stay prot spec and stay gladiator in the off-chance that they might have to be the 3rd tank?

You're under the mindset that Gladiator warriors will be able to tank, which is not the intent. Elemental shamans use a shield too, it doesn't mean they can tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I should likely edit that out. You are quoting me from 5 months ago, when we had a much older (and worse) version of Gladiator Stance that wasn't possibly viable.
    Sorry about that, I didn't check the date. But still, you shouldn't take such a hard stance (hehe) on things so early in development. You're probably right that it won't be optimal for hardcore raiding, but fuck it; why can't it? They may design it stupidly OP at first.

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    You're under the mindset that Gladiator warriors will be able to tank, which is not the intent. Elemental shamans use a shield too, it doesn't mean they can tank.
    But Gladiator warriors CAN TANK. They are Tanks with a talent that lets them choose a STANCE for dps. It just so happens that they can't tank in that stance. They can clearly swap out of that stance before a fight and tank on any boss, especially considering they will be using TANK GEAR for gladiator STANCE.

easier turn a tank spec into a dps via stance change than to get a dps spec into a tank spec.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Blizzard said they want sockets to be "rarer but more powerful", but does anyone know if WoD PVP gear will have sockets on them? I ask because bonus armor will only be available on gems and non-armor pieces (Weapons, Rings, Cloak, Necklace, and Trinkets) and I'd like to know if Glad Stance will be viable in PVP gear with bonus armor gems, assuming other stats aren't better for pvp.

They've been pretty tight lipped when it comes to Glad in PVP. I can't say I'm not concerned, as the idea of a single stat not only reducing incoming damage, but being top for dps output ( bonus armor ) sounds kind of abusable in pvp. But hey, we haven't been calling top pvp players gladiators by accident have we? Soon we get to just spec into Gladiator haha.

btw, i'm kidding.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Gems will only be secondary stats, Bonus armor is not a secondary stat, ergo there will not be any gems with Bonus Armor.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Gems will only be secondary stats, Bonus armor is not a secondary stat, ergo there will not be any gems with Bonus Armor.
    This is not true based on their gear changes post:

"Second, items may have gem sockets. Unlike gem sockets today, gem sockets in Warlords of Draenor will be rarer but more powerful. There will be no socket bonuses, but we are strongly considering requiring the right color gem for the socket. All gems will grant secondary stats, including Spirit and Bonus Armor (see below)."

Source:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703970357

10+ Year Old Account
    But Gladiator warriors CAN TANK. They are Tanks with a talent that lets them choose a STANCE for dps. It just so happens that they can't tank in that stance. They can clearly swap out of that stance before a fight and tank on any boss, especially considering they will be using TANK GEAR for gladiator STANCE.
    Yes, Gladiator Warriors can tank just as well as an Arms warrior with a shield and one-hander can- they just need to swap over to the tanking spec/stance. Which can't be done in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post

"Second, items may have gem sockets. Unlike gem sockets today, gem sockets in Warlords of Draenor will be rarer but more powerful. There will be no socket bonuses, but we are strongly considering requiring the right color gem for the socket. All gems will grant secondary stats, including Spirit and Bonus Armor (see below)."

Source:

Ohh, I read "excluding"... Dyslexia is fun sometimes.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post

Source:
    Game files also suggest that there will be Spirit/BA enchants as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    They've been pretty tight lipped when it comes to Glad in PVP. I can't say I'm not concerned, as the idea of a single stat not only reducing incoming damage, but being top for dps output ( bonus armor ) sounds kind of abusable in pvp. But hey, we haven't been calling top pvp players gladiators by accident have we? Soon we get to just spec into Gladiator haha.

btw, i'm kidding.
    Bonus armor only really makes warriors better at classes they typically have done well against (Rogues, and to a lesser extent, hunters, and other melee). Bonus armor will not make you better against casters as magic damage ignores armor in the first place, and several other classes are getting new toys that go through armor as well (Ignite Weapon, Flaming Arrows)

Additionally, it remains to be seen if the tank specialization debuff for flag carriers will carry over into WoD, but Gladiator is definitely still considered a Prot warrior in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Bonus armor only really makes warriors better at classes they typically have done well against (Rogues, and to a lesser extent, hunters, and other melee). Bonus armor will not make you better against casters as magic damage ignores armor in the first place, and several other classes are getting new toys that go through armor as well (Ignite Weapon, Flaming Arrows)

Additionally, it remains to be seen if the tank specialization debuff for flag carriers will carry over into WoD, but Gladiator is definitely still considered a Prot warrior in that regard.
    Bonus Armour loses all defensive benefits when you are in Glad stance.

Pretty sure you won't be able to stance dance once you go Gladiator?

Gladiator Stance
    Instant 1.5 sec cooldown
    Requires Warrior
    A dauntless combat stance.

Increases physical damage dealt by 20%, and replaces your Shield Block with Shield Charge.

You cannot change into or out of this stance during combat.

Buff
    Gladiator Stance
    An offensive stance that trades all defensive prowess for increase damage dealing.

Physical damage dealt increased by 20%.
    Your Shield Block is replaced with Shield Charge.

Spell Link
    Last edited by Cute Chen; 2014-05-28 at 04:05 PM.

I didn't say that you can swap stances in combat, that's been general knowledge about the stance. The point I was making was that it is just that, a stance. This means that you have TANKS who take a TALENT that lets them do competitive damage while in TANK spec by changing their stance. Yes, once combat starts with you in Gladiator Stance you can't swap to Defensive Stance and be an off tank. But that doesn't mean that you can't start the fight in Defensive stance and actually tank as intended for that spec. You CAN tank, but because of a talent that you choose, you have the option of being a dps and you choose to dps instead of tank and you forgo the raid cooldown and dps cooldowns in favor of using tank gear and not being arms or fury.

Gladiator's are tanks (spec) that are able to do dps via a talent that forces them to not be able to tank once in combat. Stop misunderstanding the difference between spec, talent, and stance. I don't understand why this is so difficult to comprehend. If you spec tank for a dps option, expect to be asked to actually tank an encounter or two because you're getting tank gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Bonus Armour loses all defensive benefits when you are in Glad stance.
    Wait, what?
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

I think that it is going to be a complete and totally viable DPS play style but there is almost no reason why a Mythic Raid team would choose a Gladiator Warrior over a Fury Warrior. The only thing I could really see this doing to benefit raid teams is, you could have a 3rd tank on hand at all times if you roll with a Glad Warrior. I also think the amount of Rage you generate will have to change when you go into Glad Stance. But it really seems like it will be something we need to keep looking at as Alpha progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmus17 View Post
    I think that it is going to be a complete and totally viable DPS play style but there is almost no reason why a Mythic Raid team would choose a Gladiator Warrior over a Fury Warrior. The only thing I could really see this doing to benefit raid teams is, you could have a 3rd tank on hand at all times if you roll with a Glad Warrior. I also think the amount of Rage you generate will have to change when you go into Glad Stance. But it really seems like it will be something we need to keep looking at as Alpha progresses.
    Greater loot spread could be a good reason to bring one if the dmg numbers are the same

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Game files also suggest that there will be Spirit/BA enchants as well.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...85114157527040 Celestalon says there will not be gems for BA or spirit. There probably won't be enchants either since those are tied to the items as well.

It's still unknown whether flasks, elixirs, and food will grant BA or spirit, but it's possible they will since it's not tied to an item and can be switched out as needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...85114157527040 Celestalon says there will not be gems for BA or spirit. There probably won't be enchants either since those are tied to the items as well.

It's still unknown whether flasks, elixirs, and food will grant BA or spirit, but it's possible they will since it's not tied to an item and can be switched out as needed.
    Greater Draenor Armor Flask
    Draenor Armor Potion
    Crispy Fried Scorpion
    there are armor and spirit flasks, potions and food in the wod files

Doesn't mean they will be there when the game releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Doesn't mean they will be there when the game releases.
    you could say that about anything. there is no problem with having armor temp buffs unlike armor on gems.