Quote Originally Posted by Elisdad View Post
    https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...earance-change

this is the source of the Belf pic. I don't really think it's the new models, likely just photoshopped and spruced up to look better is all.
    I agree with this because of the female Gnome model for the Guild Services icon/page. Old model but with touched-up lips, teeth and fingers. I think these models and images were merely touched up to make the services look more appealing. It is a mere guess, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I loved the Blood Elf Horde twist and thought it was great, and more than just a ploy to get more people on the Horde. But I think the old Gold and Blue just feels right seeing a high elf in alliance forces, especially when my raid has players using illusion toys to look like their model while we're raiding. A high elf priestess feels so perfect to me, it's a neat little option I think offers the lore a small place to evolve (metaphorically as evolution is not a ladder of progression) in interesting ways that lead to new dynamics in society. The Kaldorei attitude to Kael'thas in The Frozen Throne shows they were totally amicable and quickly down to ally, and now we have ten years of the Night Elves fighting with the full gamut of the Alliance, dying as brothers and sisters in battle for each other. I imagine they are there already in circumstances if this was a the world of the novels, and I would love a chance to see a Blood Elf model with some alternative variations, but I understand your point.
    Honestly, I would be more open to the idea if there were less High Elves around ingame.

They get more attention than they should, considering the direction the story was going.

If they can introduce the High Elves as a subrace without shoving them in anyone's face, and limit their exposure...

Then I guess that could be fine.

Thing is, Blizzard has a bad habit of nostalgia based back-tracking and I would rather not tempt them further in that direction. You let them bring back High Elves, then they'll probably end up overwhelming more viable race alternatives. Instead of getting a chance to explore the impact of the Highborne on Night Elf society, it'll become all about High Elves.

Soon, we'll have High Elves even more overused than they already are, until a race that should be near extinct has somehow absolutely failed to be.

I just don't want to risk that.

On another note, I really hope the Blood Elves don't end up all Light infested again. I like them as fierce, pragmatic Battle-Mages who have grown adept at using their power for practical warfare and such things, rather than just having an advanced understanding of magical theory.

That was shown as the difference between how they approached magic, and how the Shen'dralar did. The Shen'dralar knew lots of stuff, and had ancient and forgotten knowledge, but they were isolated and mostly just stayed inside studying. They didn't have much practical experience with how the use of magic has changed in war, and so used techniques that Blood Elves had learned to counter long ago.

Funny thing is, the Shen'dralar fed on demonic magics much more explicitly than the Silvermoon Blood Elves, but somehow managed to avoid being called out on it. Ah well.

It's kind of silly any time Blood Elves are depicted as fanciful girly men who are used to luxury. They haven't had any luxury for years. Any Blood Elf pretending they've never had a hard day in their life is essentially putting on an act and pretending the last

you could say the same about the gnomes or the draenei or the darkspear, hell a good portion of the playable races are "near extinct" or "barely alive"

i dont think numbers should have any bearing on racial availability or story development otherwise we should just take out like half the playable roster already
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    But there's nothing to indicate that the HE story is 'over'
    Dude we get it you're a HE fanboii you want them in cus you have an opinion, but stick to the thread and don't let your high elf emotions get through all the time.

OT: I hope this week we will get a unexpected Artcraft!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Dude we get it you're a HE fanboii you want them in cus you have an opinion, but stick to the thread and don't let your high elf emotions get through all the time.

You should not see someone opinion as irrelevant just because they like X things...

and IMO no the HE story is not over, maybe we won't have anything for them in these expansion but sooner or later we will and yes it would be cool to get a new Artcraft

10+ Year Old Account

It's a thread about subraces. Even Blizzard is countenancing the idea of HE as a subrace, if you watch Hadjikostas's recent interview. Also, it would be more accurate to call me a fan of the Highborne in general, I like all their strains. Trust me, I like the TBC BE and Naga even more than I do the HE, however they're a relic of the past given the current lore trajectory, which is sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post

Thing is, Blizzard has a bad habit of nostalgia based back-tracking and I would rather not tempt them further in that direction. You let them bring back High Elves, then they'll probably end up overwhelming more viable race alternatives. Instead of getting a chance to explore the impact of the Highborne on Night Elf society, it'll become all about High Elves.
    Yes but it could also be managed more carefully than that, and make for very interesting interaction between the ancient Highborne and their progeny, particularly if they worked together in freeing Eldre'thalas, to carve a new home out of it. It needn't be one-sided. Some storylines practically require the HE, however, e.g. the whole affair with Dalaran.

Soon, we'll have High Elves even more overused than they already are, until a race that should be near extinct has somehow absolutely failed to be.
    But that's the thing. They, like some other races (including the BE) have fought tooth and nail to prevent their extinction.

On another note, I really hope the Blood Elves don't end up all Light infested again. I like them as fierce, pragmatic Battle-Mages who have grown adept at using their power for practical warfare and such things, rather than just having an advanced understanding of magical theory.

That was shown as the difference between how they approached magic, and how the Shen'dralar did. The Shen'dralar knew lots of stuff, and had ancient and forgotten knowledge, but they were isolated and mostly just stayed inside studying. They didn't have much practical experience with how the use of magic has changed in war, and so used techniques that Blood Elves had learned to counter long ago.

Funny thing is, the Shen'dralar fed on demonic magics much more explicitly than the Silvermoon Blood Elves, but somehow managed to avoid being called out on it. Ah well.

It's kind of silly any time Blood Elves are depicted as fanciful girly men who are used to luxury. They haven't had any luxury for years. Any Blood Elf pretending they've never had a hard day in their life is essentially putting on an act and pretending the last
    Yes, I absolutely agree on all the above. The other thing people tend to forget about the Shen'dralar is that they were part of Azshara's administrative elite. The BE need an image makeover, and the new models will provide an ideal opportunity for it. A lot of their more recent lore has shown their darker side once more, though I feel it is lacking in direction, at present. I hope they scrap the whole idea of indefinitely turning the Sunwell into a fount of Light that morphs the BE into holy elves, aka draenei 2.0.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-03-18 at 08:27 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a thread about subraces. Even Blizzard is countenancing the idea of HE as a subrace, if you watch Hadjikostas's recent interview. Also, it would be more accurate to call me a fan of the Highborne in general, I like all their strains. Trust me, I like the TBC BE and Naga even more than I do the HE, however they're a relic of the past given the current lore trajectory, which is sad.
    I'm hoping to have Nagas as a playable race and i know sooner or later we will have a water/underground based expansion... so... i hope we get them there

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I'm hoping to have Nagas as a playable race and i know sooner or later we will have a water/underground based expansion... so... i hope we get them there
    It won't be feasible, with the whole lack of legs/feet thing. If they made a race of Naga with legs.. then maybe? Either way, an Azshara/N'zoth expansion will most likely have the Naga as the primary antagonists so being able to play them is not likely. Other underwater themed playable races might be cool though.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Jinyu has legs and they are a fish people race. Just need the females like the Ogres and it would be a good race to play.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Jinyu has legs and they are a fish people race. Just need the females like the Ogres and it would be a good race to play.
    Jinyu share Night Elf skeletons, not to mention they are not very interesting as far as a playable race would go, Japanese Koi Fish Magic Murloc race is not a very strong concept.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    They could give them (the Naga) another form when mounted.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

They could give them (the Naga) another form when mounted.
    a fishbowl?

edit: like a Koolaid man fishbowl so it can sit.

i really feel, with the way blizzard are going lately that sub race options will be implemented but they sure as hell are going to be implemented through the in game shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    a fishbowl?

edit: like a Koolaid man fishbowl so it can sit.
    Was thinking more of a Highborne form. A bit of lore-bending.

Was thinking more of a Highborne form. A bit of lore-bending.
    Why not just have them sit the way every serpent in the world sits on something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It won't be feasible, with the whole lack of legs/feet thing. If they made a race of Naga with legs.. then maybe? Either way, an Azshara/N'zoth expansion will most likely have the Naga as the primary antagonists so being able to play them is not likely. Other underwater themed playable races might be cool though.
    Why is that a problem? they already fixed the problem of how pants and feets looks in Nagas, also they could make the nagas use mounts like these:

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Side sadfle make it happen! I would love to play a female naga!

Side saddle, haha.
    I wouldn't mind Naga's side saddle.

If anything you're an anti contrarian high elf detractor who can't seem to resist tooting their horn over what won't happen. Meanwhile we have dozens of pages of people putting real thought and nuance into this issue you just dismiss with hit and run media sound bite pot shots. I think everyone else gets it, you don't like the idea or have some issue compelling you to shoot it down. Meanwhile it's next to Wildhammers and Mag'har and Dark Irons it's been the flag ship for this issue for many many years. You're perspective needs a reformat.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

yeah i see side saddle working just fine for naga.

not to mention blizzards mentioned a couple times throughout wows lifetime that naga are a race they would like to add in some day.

their right up there with ogres. just a matter of the right expansion.

i think satyr for alliance and naga for horde would work really well in an azshara expansion.

both used to be night elves, both were created roughly around the same time, they both served azshara so they would both fit and they each have their own unique culture and racial identity.

its also relatively easy to make them join each side.

theres naga that worship neptulon even above azshara and were branded heretics after azshara turned on neptulon, they could have the naga we play as be a band of heretics who reach out to the horde to stop azshara and restore neptulon to the throne of tides

there is a satyr in ashenvale that gets let back in by the night elves and after he sacrifices his own heart to save a little girl he turns back into a night elf, the satyr we play as could be trying to follow his example and try to redeem themselves
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552