I realized that there is no frost born or earthen female models :/ or is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Amarisus View Post
    I realized that there is no frost born or earthen female models :/ or is there?
    there isnt but i doubt it would be hard to make one. alot of potiential sub races and normal races dont have female models
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Shoc's edits are very inspiring for me, so I decided to make something like his arts for Trolls. I choose three kind of trolls: Forest, Ice and Dark. Also decided to make mostly females, because we have already male models for this kinds of Trolls.

Amani female:

Drakkari female:

Dark Troll couple:

I plan to also remake my NE edits with backgrounds. Backgrounds are nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    Shoc's edits are very inspiring for me, so I decided to make something like his arts for Trolls. I choose three kind of trolls: Forest, Ice and Dark. Also decided to make mostly females, because we have already male models for this kinds of Trolls.

Amani female:

Drakkari female:

Dark Troll couple:

I plan to also remake my NE edits with backgrounds. Backgrounds are nice.
    They look glorious!

And Shoc (or Arcane-Villain), could one of you make the new Dwarf model with Earthen and/or Frostborne skins?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    They look glorious!

And Shoc (or Arcane-Villain), could one of you make the new Dwarf model with Earthen and/or Frostborne skins?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=39089#modelviewer:10+0

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Done.

The Dwarfes/Earthens look great.

While you definitely can see the improvements on the trolls though, I somehow hoped for more distinction between the different races.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Personally, my own justification for whether or not a subrace will work as a subrace or not comes down to whether or not it can share the original models skeleton and animations. Taunka would probably be the most challenging, because it would require an all new facial animation rig which might not be worth the effort for just 1 subrace. The Yaungol, while historically not Horde like the Taunka are, would probably be able to get away with the new Tauren facial rig.

But I don't think a subrace needing more work than a retexture is a reason to disqualify it as a subrace, if Blizzard is to implement subraces in the future, I would rather them go the extra mile to make them look special instead of just a cheap reskin.

Anyways, here is my list of potential subraces for every race. Some of them don't make tons of lore sense to be affiliated with the Horde/Alliance, some of them are only RPG canon, but list is list.

Human
    - Azotha: Ugly children of the Vrykul, Barbarian and Vrykul features. (RPG canon only)
    - Half Elves: Children of Humans and High Elves, refugees from Theramore.
    Dwarf
    - Dark Iron: From Blackrock Mountain, dark skinned with fiery eyes.
    - Wildhammer: Traditional tattoos and darker skin.
    Gnome
    - Leper: Irradiated Gnomes with restored sanity.
    - Mecha: Clockwork ancestors of the Gnomes.
    Night Elf
    - Illidari: Disciples of Illidan Stormrage, runic tattoos and burning green eyes.
    - Highborne: The ancient Night Elf upper class, radiant skin, golden eyes and pastel hair colors.
    - Cenarion: Dryad and Keeper of the Grove features.
    Draenei
    - Man'ari: Twisted, demonic servants of the Legion. (Requires lore bending to make some of them friendly, Argus rebels?)
    - Broken: Draenei twisted by dark magics. (Might not work with Draenei model)
    Worgen
    - Bloodmoon: Northrend Worgen, polar wolf features.
    - Blackhowl: Worgen infused with the Blood of a black Dragon. Scales and Drakonid features.
    - Druid of the Pack: Night Elf Human Form
    Orc
    - Mag'har: Uncorrupted brown orcs, natives of Draenor.
    - Blackrock: Grey skinned orcs of the mountain.
    - Unhunched: Orcs discovered chiropracty.
    Troll
    - Forest: Mossy skin, warpaints
    - Ice: Cold, pale skin, white hair
    - Sandfury: Coarse, cracked pale skin, black tusks.
    Tauren
    - Grimtotem: Black fur and warpaints.
    - Taunka: Cousins of the Tauren from Northrend. (Would require head remodel)
    - Yaungol: Cousins of the Tauren from Pandaria. (Same as Taunka, need reason for joining Horde)
    Forsaken
    - Elf: Undead High Elves, pointed ears and elven hair styles.
    - Skeleton: Completely fleshless undead (Requires remodel)
    - Unhunched: Human posture/Human animations
    Blood Elf
    - Darkfallen: Last remaining members of the San'layn, welcomed into the Forsaken by Sylvanas (needs more lore.)
    - High Elf: Feeding from the renewed Sunwell has restored blue eyes and healthier skin.
    - Felblood: Feeding from Fel magics for too long caused some Elves to grow horns, unnatural skin colors and black wings.
    Goblin
    - Gilgoblin: Aquatic goblins, created by Hobart Grapplehammer.
    - Tinker: Due to numerous engineering accidents, certain body parts replaced with volatile goblin technology.
    I feel like the majority of these were added in here to promote fairness in giving every race equal treatment. To me, this seems unnecessary. I think sub-races should be chosen in a sensical manner. Some races just don't have logical sub-races.

Alliance
    Human
    - *High elves: Blue eyes; lighter/paler skin than Blood elves.
    Dwarf
    - Dark Iron: Dark skinned with fiery eyes.
    Draenei
    - Broken: Draenei twisted by dark magics.

Horde
    Orc
    - Mag'har: Uncorrupted brown orcs.
    Troll
    - Revantusk: Mossy skin, war paints.
    Tauren
    - Grimtotem: Black fur and war paints.

*Not really a sub-race, but a sub-faction. High elves are known to be closer to Humans than any other race so I feel this is sensical.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2014-09-19 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance
    Human
    - *High elves: Blue eyes; lighter/paler skin than Blood elves.
    Dwarf
    - Dark Iron: Dark skinned with fiery eyes.
    Draenei
    - Broken: Draenei twisted by dark magics.

Horde
    Orc
    - Mag'har: Uncorrupted brown orcs.
    Troll
    - Revantusk: Mossy skin, war paints.
    Tauren
    - Grimtotem: Black fur and war paints.
    Alright sensical, but really, all the earlier stated sub-species could be made to make sense with just a little addition/progression to the lore on some fronts.

Also, you're totally forgetting the Frostborn Dwarves, who've been allies to the Alliance longer then the Dark Irons have been D:!

Alright sensical, but really, all the earlier stated sub-species could be made to make sense with just a little addition/progression to the lore on some fronts.
    I agree there could be changes to make some viable, but I feel that too many changes would just look like blatant retconning; especially for some of the sub-races listed.

Also, you're totally forgetting the Frostborn Dwarves, who've been allies to the Alliance longer then the Dark Irons have been D:!
    Ehh, I'd just stick to the main three Dwarven sub-races we have leading Ironforge. The Frostborn are interesting, but they have even less lore than our ordinary Dwarves and barely have any NPC presence outside of Northrend. If there are even any outside of Northrend.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2014-09-20 at 08:38 PM.

Well the Frostborn seem to be a variety of Earthen that have complete free will, and have joined the Alliance.
    The Frostborn may use the blue vanilla earthen model, but as far as lore is concerned they are fleshy Dwarves, who emerged from Uldaman at the same time as the other dwarves before travelling to Northrend.

Learned today that Anima, the primordial red blood stuff in Throne of Thunder, possesses the capability to revert Human's back to Vrykul. It could be a perfectly lore reasonable explanation to add a Vrykul-style Human subrace.

You just lost The Game

Learned today that Anima, the primordial red blood stuff in Throne of Thunder, possesses the capability to revert Human's back to Vrykul. It could be a perfectly lore reasonable explanation to add a Vrykul-style Human subrace.

Deleted
    i never heard of that before, where does it mention that?

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i never heard of that before, where does it mention that?
    http://wowpedia.org/Anima

In the novel, Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde, Vol'jin described the cave where Saurok inhabited as a Fel place and the magic used to shape the Saurok as the blackest of magics, being corrupting to mortals, and has the potential to regress humans back to the Vrykul[2]
    ^ Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde pg.42-43

Though I don't have the book to confirm whether it's true or not.
    You just lost The Game

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    http://wowpedia.org/Anima

^ Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde pg.42-43

Though I don't have the book to confirm whether it's true or not.
    Oh man. What if you could regress humans back to Vrykul without them losing their minds and turning super hostile? WTB Vrykul race-change plskthx.

I think that's been taken somewhat out of context.

Anima would merely be the tool in which someone with the proper knowledge and power could use to reshape a human into his race's original form (but could also reshape him into pretty much anything else as well).

It's not like you could just throw some Anima at a human and then BAM: Vrykul.

Vrykul would be worthless IMO without being giants too. A human modification would be a wasted opportunity for Viking Giants in WOW with their own animations and models. To each their own.

It's interesting that what started as nothing but a desire for playable Dark Irons and Wildhammers and Mag'har so many years ago has developed into in the community discussions, mired in the semantics of the word "sub race" as if these options should follow the name rather than the choices people wanted originally and just kind of made up a name for it. It's peculiar for instance to see someone claim Wildhammers are too mundane to warrant a subrace slot,... along with the notion the "slots" should be balanced among races anymore than skin colors or faces or any other customization choice is balanced across races.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-10-10 at 05:44 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted

Middle one looks like Khal Drogo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhoss View Post
    Middle one looks like Khal Drogo.
    You mean, the middle one looks like a total badass?

You mean, the middle one looks like a total badass?
    Yeah that middle guy looks awesome, I really wish they would add extra skin colors and heights (sub races)
    More facial hair options for the guys, cause that dwarf beard looks awesome on the human male.
    I also wish eye color was not attached to a certain face.
    I think each race should have 3 different height options, what we have now would be the standard, and also have a shorter and taller option. Nothing to drastic just a believable height difference.