Quote Originally Posted by Vightnic View Post
    Difficulty has nothing to do with it. Equability does. Yes those skins exist, but which do they include? All? So Orcs get 3 new skins and everyone else gets... what? If they don't have the right balance there will be no end to the complaining. Its not difficult in terms of making that skin tone available, its around designing balance.

You've ignore the question in favor of hyperbole. Unless they've certifiably stated they're adding them with 6.0 there is no reason to assume they are. Again it has nothing to do with simply adding new skin tones to character creation, it is ensuring all races have access to new and unique customization options. As the previous user stated, there are some races you cannot design a subrace for with a simple palette swap. They'd need altered models.
    People complaining about customization variety shouldn't be enough of a concern to simply not include it. Sure, they should make some effort to balance it, but some races have a wide variety of skin colors in game and others don't. Having forced and awkward skin options for race groups that didn't exist, or restricting some race groups that are obviously integrated into the faction communities already are both poor decisions only made worse if their only goal is some vague concept of fairness.

As to the other question, no, there certainly hasn't been a promise of playable secondary race groups. Responses to the concept have been universally positive, but they have neither a timeline nor a guarantee.

Difficulty has nothing to do with it. Equability does. Yes those skins exist, but which do they include? All? So Orcs get 3 new skins and everyone else gets... what? If they don't have the right balance there will be no end to the complaining. Its not difficult in terms of making that skin tone available, its around designing balance.

You've ignore the question in favor of hyperbole. Unless they've certifiably stated they're adding them with 6.0 there is no reason to assume they are. Again it has nothing to do with simply adding new skin tones to character creation, it is ensuring all races have access to new and unique customization options. As the previous user stated, there are some races you cannot design a subrace for with a simple palette swap. They'd need altered models.
    All skins are, are additional customization options. So what if Orcs get more skin options, they can compensate by giving other races an equal amount of other customization options. Different hairstyles, beards, etc. It wouldn't make sense if a Human got a green skin just because Orcs got brown skin, but it would make perfect sense if they gave humans a few more options in beards to compensate. Everybody wins.

As the OP of this thread, I'm well aware of all the different possibilities of sub-races that all of the races are capable of: and you're right, some of them, like the Gnomes, just don't have any possible way of implementing a sub-race. Mecha-Gnomes require a model edit and a Leper Gnomes don't make a lot of sense to be playable. The thing about sub-races though are that they are simply a fancy name to call simple customization options with a little bit of lore behind them. That's the whole point of this thread, not to advocate complex sub-races for all races, but to show how simple it is to add a layer of depth to player characters with a simple skin edit. WoW seriously lacks when it comes to the ability to make your character unique, and the positive RP implications of adding lore friendly customization options would be endless. With tweets that mention the possibility of adding more hairstyles, skin colors and customization options, it holds as much weight as the prospect of the addition of the additions that represent the various sub-races of Azeroth.
    You just lost The Game

Gnomes with dwarf beards are clearly the only real super gnome customization option. I'm not really sure what the ladies would get though. Ground trailing hairdos?

Last edited by hrugner; 2014-01-10 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Gnomes with dwarf beards are clearly the only real super gnome customization option. I'm not really sure what the ladies would get though. Ground trailing hairdos?

That is truly magnificent.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=hrugner;24714346]Gnomes with dwarf beards are clearly the only real super gnome customization option. I'm not really sure what the ladies would get though. Ground trailing hairdos?

And here I stood, thinking my beloved Gnomes where already perfect......

Now I want my Gnome to have a beard like that..... thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how in the seven hells do I edit my post and make sure the edit stays, I do not see a

- - - Updated - - -

God.... damnit,

I feel like a total scrub now...... >_>

HTML Code:
    [QUOTE=Shadowtwili;24716795][QUOTE=hrugner;24714346]Gnomes with dwarf beards are clearly the only real super gnome customization option.  I'm not really sure what the ladies would get though.  Ground trailing hairdos?

And here I stood, thinking my beloved Gnomes where already perfect......

Now I want my Gnome to have a beard like that..... thanks!

[/QUOTE]
    Just use the "Reply with Quote" functionality under the post you are quoting (: And there should be an Edit Post link under your post so you don't have to triple post lol

https://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode
    You just lost The Game

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really love the mounts, but you all know as well as I do, is that these "newer" mounts will only ever be exclusive rewards.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    They're going to have to make most of these subraces anyway like Mag'har, Blackrock/Dragonmaw and red orcs (minus spikes), Wildhammer and Dark Iron dwarves, every color of troll, Grimtotem tauren, etc... since they are common enemies/NPC's found in the world. How hard could it be to add these as playable skins?

The subraces that require a model change like undead elves or spiky fel orcs... these might be a little more difficult to implement.
    This 110%. I've been saying this since 2010 when Dwarves were getting Shaman and Wildhammer skins were briefly playable in alpha testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Fun fact, Malfurion while being the most powerful druid around currently, was a bit out of the norm as he was actually not born with his antlers nor his amber eyes (He had silver eyes, Illidan had the amber eyes and the great potential for druidism...but he preferred sorcery)
    Oh you Throren and your lore facts.~
    (Okay, we're both the same way when it comes to lore.)

Now, what I hope is that there's an antler option for male elves. That'd be cool, although I doubt it'll happen. Maybe males will finally get something like eye colors and tattoos if we're lucky. Gods, I am antsy about the night elf updates in general. I really hope they fix the female's ditzy animations. She's supposed to be lithe and graceful, but instead she comes off as 'slutty valley girl'. Ugh.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Equitability has NEVER been a factor in character customization before, ti varies wildly from race to race. It's a mistake to approach this issue from that directin, and anyone pissed off over it needs to broaden their horizons anyways.

There is rarely a feature in this game that won't have a vocal crowd of haters and complainers. That will NEVER be a factor if a choice is made or not design wise unless i'ts overwhelming criticism, like the Cata heroic nerfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Oh you Throren and your lore facts.~
    (Okay, we're both the same way when it comes to lore.)

Now, what I hope is that there's an antler option for male elves. That'd be cool, although I doubt it'll happen. Maybe males will finally get something like eye colors and tattoos if we're lucky. Gods, I am antsy about the night elf updates in general. I really hope they fix the female's ditzy animations. She's supposed to be lithe and graceful, but instead she comes off as 'slutty valley girl'. Ugh.
    Along with class customization like paladin librams and quivers, I think this is something that would be soooo fucking cool for level 60+ druids, perhaps with a questline or scenario showing the change.

If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Equitability has NEVER been a factor in character customization before, ti varies wildly from race to race. It's a mistake to approach this issue from that directin, and anyone pissed off over it needs to broaden their horizons anyways.

There is rarely a feature in this game that won't have a vocal crowd of haters and complainers. That will NEVER be a factor if a choice is made or not design wise unless i'ts overwhelming criticism, like the Cata heroic nerfs.

- - - Updated - - -
    Along with class customization like paladin librams and quivers, I think this is something that would be soooo fucking cool for level 60+ druids, perhaps with a questline or scenario showing the change.
    I thought only the very special and best druids develop antlers/horns, and that it's a really rare feature in Night Elf males. Not to say us adventurers aren't powerful, but wouldn't it kinda ruin the whole special-ness lore wise?

I guess doing a scenario for it would make sense, one that's challenging like the warlock one. Just raising a point.
    Last edited by Nurabashi; 2014-01-11 at 06:54 AM.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Just use the "Reply with Quote" functionality under the post you are quoting (: And there should be an Edit Post link under your post so you don't have to triple post lol
    I thank you!

Stupid forum is making me nuts :s

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Not to say us adventurers aren't powerful, but wouldn't it kinda ruin the whole special-ness lore wise?
    Not necessarily. The fact that it would need to be earned would preserve that special quality quite nicely, I would think. Plus, it's not like the lore takes into account all the millions of players out there killing off important lore characters, oftentimes repeatedly, in different times and places.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    What else would it imply? 50 shades of green?
    I'm sorry. I could not stop myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post

Druid antlers would be cool but would probably clip really bad with helms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Not necessarily. The fact that it would need to be earned would preserve that special quality quite nicely, I would think. Plus, it's not like the lore takes into account all the millions of players out there killing off important lore characters, oftentimes repeatedly, in different times and places.
    So putting what I brought up aside, I had ideas on how Blizz could go about this.

Make it a Legendary Transmog item.
    The way you go about it could be going back and forth through the present Azeroth into the Emerald Dream, doing tasks to "earn" your antlers/horns. As you progress further into the quest line/scenarios etc, you get larger and bigger antlers/horns.
    You'd start off with a mog item that gives you some stubs of antlers, and they progress more and more as you do, and eventually become full on antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Read above. :P
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    So putting what I brought up aside, I had ideas on how Blizz could go about this.

Make it a Legendary Transmog item.
    The way you go about it could be going back and forth through the present Azeroth into the Emerald Dream, doing tasks to "earn" your antlers/horns. As you progress further into the quest line/scenarios etc, you get larger and bigger antlers/horns.
    You'd start off with a mog item that gives you some stubs of antlers, and they progress more and more as you do, and eventually become full on antlers.

Read above. :P
    Unfortunately when you shape shift gear doesn't show. None of us know how difficult it would be to code around that.

Can I choose to keep my adorable antler stubs without abandoning the storyline? If so, you've got a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    I would prefer us getting more helmets with antlers instead of actual model with antlers. On my nelf druid I wear a helmet with antlers and pretend that it is a part of her head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    I would prefer us getting more helmets with antlers instead of actual model with antlers. On my nelf druid I wear a helmet with antlers and pretend that it is a part of her head
    Why not both? Quad antlers lol!