Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the Sunwell is a source of sacred magic. the sacred magic damages undead, and blood elves hate undead
    By that logic any Death Knight or Forsaken would die instantly within range of Quel'thalas, and Lor'themar would quit the Horde immediately considering Sylvanas' presence.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the Sunwell is a source of sacred magic. the sacred magic damages undead, and blood elves hate undead
    Undead are actually the only "race" Blood Elves accept in the Horde. They have (/had) similar ideas and goals.
    (From a lore point this is)

While they despise most other races, they have come to accept that the Forsaken are different, or at least share the same goals as the blood elves.
    (http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_elf)
    Last edited by Feali; 2014-01-27 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Undead are actually the only "race" Blood Elves accept in the Horde. They have (/had) similar ideas and goals.
    (From a lore point this is)

(http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_elf)
    that is severely outdated.

theres no love around quel'thalas for the forsaken these days
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that is severely outdated.

theres no love around quel'thalas for the forsaken these days
    Based on the conversations between Sylvanas and Lor'themar in SoO, there is definitely tension but I wouldn't go as far as to call it hatred. I think at this point they both accept that they are members of the same Horde and are capable of coexisting. Besides, I think players have had enough interfaction conflicts as of late, it would be nice for the Horde to be a nice stable family again.
    You just lost The Game

we will be ugly orcs then :P

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Based on the conversations between Sylvanas and Lor'themar in SoO, there is definitely tension but I wouldn't go as far as to call it hatred. I think at this point they both accept that they are members of the same Horde and are capable of coexisting. Besides, I think players have had enough interfaction conflicts as of late, it would be nice for the Horde to be a nice stable family again.
    i think they should save sylvanas for a nathrezim expansion since those guys are super into necromancy and stuff. maybe she finds some super undead magical artifacts that makes her think she can take on the horde and alliance and stop pretending to be nice to people.

unless they end up trying to turn whatevers under tirisfal into an expansion
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    nope I want to dethrone the king now in a raid. or something similar. how about tyrande? recently shes been bat shit nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    nope I want to dethrone the king now in a raid. or something similar. how about tyrande? recently shes been bat shit nuts.
    varian is pretty peaceful. besides his rough patch after all the slavery stuff hes always been the one to try and find a peaceful solution whenever possible, anduin is more like his father than alot of people think.

as for tyrande, shes always been pretty hotheaded and the night elves tend to be a bit douchey and xenophobic in general but she will probably calm down since saurfang will keep the orcs in check and wont let them run rampant in ashenvale and just have them stick to the plots of forest the night elves let them use.

out of all the alliance leaders id say genn is the most likely to have horde vs alliance stuff going on with gilneas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not bending the lore. I'm simply adhering to the lore that we have and I have reasons for it. Why else do you think I went on a rant about the Orc story progressing, so on and so forth. It wasn't just for fluff. I did it to emphasize reasoning why it shouldn't happen. As for the Blood Elves they NEEDED some type of energy source due to withdrawal from the destruction of the Sunwell(I almost called it Sinwell). So they resorted to demonic magic hence their green eyes. The Quel'dorei still exist because they went to other ways. They didn't use demonic ways thus Lor'themar kicked them out because he didn't want a divided nation(As his reasoning).

They don't need to do that now because they have a Arcane/Holy Light Sunwell so they're fine. The Fel Orcs at the Portal is still likely an error that Blizzard still hasn't fixed. I can also say it isn't brought up because other things are forgotten(Draenei lore for x amount of years). So really I'm not bending the lore. I gave my reasons. Redundant yes but I did not make the long post up for shits and giggles.

I'm not THAT bored.
    He's correct in that they thought they needed it to survive at the time, and truth be told, fel is very powerful stuff. It allowed them to drive back the Scourge in their homeland. It's also a form of energy that is nigh irresistible. The high elves survived through relying on the ley energies in Dalaran and Moonwells outside it. It's doubtful the blood elves could've relied on one or two arcane sanctums that they had left, and drive back the Scourge. Remember, the role of the Forsaken was by and large to provide strategic guidance, so the blood elves still had to do much of the gruntwork, particularly the Magisters and the blood elf 'hero'. Then you had Kael'thas and his campaign on Outland.

I don't see them or the orcs (and surely not the Forsaken) giving up fel any time soon, not when the Alliance is now more openly tolerating it. It is powerful magic. The sin'dorei may not use the verdant crystals any more, but there's nothing to say they have begun shunning fel.

If felbloods had some inextricable link to the Legion, and were orders of magnitude more powerful than, say, a sin'dorei warlock (which is already powerful; bear in mind the blood and high elves are described as slightly more powerful than most other playable races in the WRPG, thus why they level a bit more slowly), like the Eredar are, I'd say it's a bad idea, but they're not and a rationale can more easily be put together than, for example, Tauren paladins being druids devoted to the sun. Ditto for the San'layn. The fact that felbloods are free-willed implies they have the choice not to join the Legion, anyway, and as I said, there's very little up to date lore to suggest using fel implies courting with the Legion. There's even demons who refuse to bow to it.

Fel orcs on Outland also did not serve the Legion by and large, but Illidan.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-01-27 at 10:45 AM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    saurfang will keep the orcs in check and wont let them run rampant in ashenvale and just have them stick to the plots of forest the night elves let them use.
    Until they deplete those resources and somewhere else needs to be pillaged. Orcs don't tend to replant trees after they cut 'em down.

Yes, it was awesome to discover Illidan was using his water from the Well of Eternity to provide a substitute for his demonic servants, and it's cool to see the green fire of the legion's demons is absent in the Illidari, as if they actually paid heed to that detail back in 2006, or if it was just a convenient coincidence they worked into the future lore.

I guess when it comes down to it, warlocks doing this, even if it's temporary, kind of turns these objections into shakey ground for me.

Context is very tricky and needs to be maintained however in each case. It's certainly a challenging topic to try and dissct and I think worthy of good conversation, I appreciate your in input, Aeluron.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Shanxys View Post
    We NEED Felblood Elves as a Blood Elf sub-race!

I'd play as the one to the very right in a heartbeat! Goddamn if there is anything I want there is VIBRANT hair colours like dat red...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Fairly late to the party here, but those are well done props to you! Would be interesting to get actually updated mount models.

By that logic any Death Knight or Forsaken would die instantly within range of Quel'thalas, and Lor'themar would quit the Horde immediately considering Sylvanas' presence.
    not kill them but if damaged, causes pain.

Lorthemar hates elves undead, willing to fight if sylvanas revived their dead in Orgrimmar

repit the San'layn are evil and cannibals. they should be sub-race of the forsaken because they are Evil and cannibals

- - - Updated - - -

lorthemar final siege of ogrimmar said horde player

I find politics exhausting. I am confident Vol'jin will take us where we need to go.
    <Lor'themar glances over Sylvanas.>
    Assuming he can hold this Horde together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    bear in mind the blood and high elves are described as slightly more powerful than most other playable races in the WRPG, thus why they level a bit more slowly)
    Just so that you know: Warcraft RPG books are non-canon. You've been citing them few times already. I'm not denying that Elven Magisters are more powerful than an average mage from other races, though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomdude17 View Post
    Death knights were completely controlled by the Lich King... Felbloods willingly bathed in demon blood, and i don't think all races NEED to have equal number of sub races or even a sub race, What i'd propose is races that share a slot to the races which they are culturally closest too, but they'd also have their own class restrictions. my choices would be:

---Alliance---

Stormwind: Humans and High Elves (same classes, BE model with blue eyes, maybe minus Warlock), Warlocks, priests and death knights could also get the Cultist type skins.

Dwarves: Bronzebeard (Paladin, Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Rogue, Priest, Monk, Death knight)
    Wildhammer (Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Monk)
    Dark Iron (Warrior, Warlock, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Mage)

Gnomes: Uh... Gnomeregan gnomes? (Should get paladins)

Night Elf: Kaldorei Highborne (Paler skin, blue glowing eyes, can't be druids, death knights or priests)

Draenei: I don't know if they should get Broken as they require a new model, in case they should then...
    Broken: (Rogues, Shaman, Warrior, Mage, Monk, Hunter)

Worgen: get gilnean humans.
    Gilnean: (Druid instead of Death Knight, can't transform to Worgen. Even if Harvest Witches are tipically weaker than normal Druids, they are capable of shapeshifting, and have recently been studying with the cenarion circle.)

---Horde---

Orcs:Green orcs
    Mag'har (Shaman, Hunter, Warrior, Mage, Monk, Rogue)
    Blackrock/Dragonmaw (Same as green orcs, they blackrocks get tattoos)

Trolls: Darkspear
    Revantusk (I don't know if they should implement bulkier trolls, but this tribe makes sense, same classes)

Tauren: Grimtotem (Rogues, Mages, Warlock, Warrior, Hunter, Facial tattoos)

Goblins: Just bilgewater.

Forsaken: Lordaeron/Gilnean (Same classes, plus paladin)
    High Elven (Same classes, softer decay and upright pose, elven ears, blue eyes)

Blood Elves: They stay the same.
    uhm/... this is horrible.. human& high elves? they are not even the same race? same model with blue eyes? dude get out of here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Just so that you know: Warcraft RPG books are non-canon. You've been citing them few times already. I'm not denying that Elven Magisters are more powerful than an average mage from other races, though.
    They're de-canonised because Blizzard can't endorse everything within them. What they are in effect saying is that there's parts of them they can't agree with any longer; they're not saying everything in them as wrong; I think this has been mentioned in a couple of blues before. Things like the lore in them on the nature of the arcane, for instance, might since have been revised. So they will have to re-visit them one day and decide what is and isn't canon.

I also don't tend to take things like the race weight/height tables or ageing tables seriously, because it's often stuff that is contradicted by the concept art, models or other pieces of lore. However, I do tend to think the stats are one of its better parts, and a good indicator of the relative power of the races. Thus why I say the Eredar are quite clearly several orders of magnitude more powerful than, say, the draenei, or indeed any of the playable races.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-01-27 at 08:28 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    uhm/... this is horrible.. human& high elves? they are not even the same race? same model with blue eyes? dude get out of here!
    not all sub races have to literally be sub races.

More variety in real life human physical appearance derives from diet than from any sort of genetic difference. It wouldn't be too outlandish for human "subraces" to be based around body types or animations. A human rigged with an undead skeleton, or an orc skeleton would probably be sufficiently different for people who wanted a subrace.

Halfbreeds could be interesting, but halfelves are a tad boring (sorry Elrond)

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Frazetta is another very distinct fantasy artist, but he was much more of a Robert E Howard man, and it's lovely to know Tolkien was an enthusiast and fan of Howard's writing. As I recall he even wrote him a letter. Too many people attribute too much to Tolkien out of context, he did so much for modern fantasy but he basically just did what Blizzard did to Warhammer only he used mythology from Scandinavia, some Celtic and Germanic, with a dash of any number of things. Before the names I've listed above it has to be said the Hildebrandt Brothers did a lot to inspire the look of the classic Warhammer Tolkienesque look we recognize from Jackson's movies. Arguably more so than anyone in many respects I would opt. Tolkiens own visions were mostly unrecognizable from what we see in Alan Lee and John Howe's work and subsequently Jackson's movies, though it's also incredibly cool when you see the ways they've fused Tolkien's own drawings and paintings into their styles if you know where to look.
    Mmm, I think that's a little unfair, there was "fantasy" fiction before Tolkien and the most popular was Conan and the swords and sorcery genre which was closely related to pulp fiction of the time. But Tolkien's work is very different from that genre and it's not a stretch at all to say he invented modern "high fantasy". I think his influence goes even further than that, not only having a strong effect on all other subgenres of fantasy but even spilling over into modern sci-fi and other genre fiction. In particular the concept of a fully-realised self consistent fictional universe as a backdrop to a story is something we very much owe to Tolkien. Star Wars probably wouldn't have existed without LOTR, and it in turn influenced movies to a huge degree.

It's also interesting I think to look at older works like Lord of the Rings and notice things like how little description is given to Elves and Orcs, where we take their "look" for granted today. It's part of a shift in literature in recent decades - books today are heavily influenced by the power of movies and TV in popular culture and as such have become much more visual. Modern fantasy novels for the most part give you a very clear mental image of what a fantasy race is supposed to look like. Tolkien just told you this one was "fair" and this one was "short and fat" and this one was "ugly and evil-looking". The rest was up to your imagination.

P.S. I like your ridiculously long posts :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh really? Then how come Garrosh can stand straight despite his 'massive, exaggerated shoulders'? No, it's a deliberate slouching posture, not just thanks to their shoulders. For a big part, their muscle creates a slight bit of hunch because the head sticks out of it, but

Garrosh looks just fine here. Sure doesn't seem to have the horrible hunch the normal male orcs do. So I call bullshit on that whole "well they are so muscular, that's why they have the hunch".
    I actually think he looks weird like this. His torso is absurdly short for his shoulder breadth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh, yes. Vrykul are so awesome, and I hope there will be a way to play them some day. It also brought me to Vargul, which brings me to..

It would be awesome to have some optional Death Knight skins. Like the Goblin skins that were never made available:

(I am sad that they weren't made available, tbh. Look a lot better than current DK skins)
    Good lord that is one hell of a skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    Than those people must love current female models, which I mean "sticks".

This one more or less hows how orc female should look like... except with bit more reduced arm muscles and, well, not so manly face. ^^;;
    If you de-anime'd it that is pretty much what my live Orc female looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
    You know, Garrosh seems larger than your average orc. Not sure if Im seeing things or not. Might be the armor.

Comparatively the new orcs seem less hunched over.
    IMO it's all just a trick of the textures. And his flab-concealing belt :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post
    Hngh, Ymiron. Seriously, though. What I wouldn't give to make my rogue look like a Vyrkul lady. The women look so pretty in Northrend, all tall with broad shoulders and... *-*

Cannot wait.
    Three words, Glyph of Pickpocket :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i agree blood elves need to look less gay and more badass.
    I don't know how WoW Elves could possibly look more macho and still look vaguely like Elves. This whole thing just strikes me as ridiculously homophobic.

IMO if you can't handle being a little bit fabulous you should not roll an Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I can't play Skyrim anymore without the depth of field mod and I can't believe how much it sucks me into the game when it's used.
    It makes me feel like I'm like down inside a real diorama, ala Honey I Shrunk the Kids meets Beetlejuice style meets,... Skyrim.
    Meets Ray Harryhausen? Reference too old?

After admiring the DoF effect in a lot of modern games I'd love to see what it'd look like in the WoW engine.

I hope they release enough previews to keep my craving to photoshop more mockups satisfied lol
    Me too lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Half-Elf

Azotha
    Those are really cool, can't wait for your version of the male when that comes out!

Haha thats actually a really cool idea, but I'm going to wait for the new Orc females before making an updated Garona
    God I can't wait for Orc female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.