Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    So it is AU Malfurion Druid-Demon Hunter? Daaaamn that's hella cool. What other cool lorebenders are there?

Eredar Velen?
    Grand Crusader Arthas?
    Alexstrasza the Destroyer?
    Warchief Lo'gosh?
    High Elf King Kael'thas?
    High Priestess Azshara?
    Farseer Ner'zhul?
    Aman'thul the Fallen Titan?
    You just lost The Game

That doesn't make sense. Has no druid abilities, looks just like Malfurion as a Demon Hunter... But it's Druid Illidan?

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and acts like a duck, I guess it's a chicken?
    do you not understand the difference between a skin and a hero? its a purely visual thing.

changing its abilities would make it a different character, it wouldnt play the same.

murkablo doesnt suddenly start using water based abilities. hes still the diablo hero he just has the murloc skin.

and that is in no way malfurion.

same face as illidan, same stance as illidan, same ears as illidan.

THIS is malfurion, the face is completely different and so is the stance.

Last edited by Immitis; 2014-02-27 at 08:03 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

That doesn't make sense. Has no druid abilities, looks just like Malfurion as a Demon Hunter... But it's Druid Illidan?

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and acts like a duck, I guess it's a chicken? And if it was Druid Illidan, why even bother mentioning Malfurion?

This is exactly what skins are supposed to do; Make characters into something they currently are not. You don't turn a Demon Hunter into a Druid, you swap out the model for the character you want to be a Demon Hunter.
    Except again, it's still Illidan. Not Malfurion. Much like LoL, the story behind the skin doesn't have to match the gameplay of the character. There's also a "Grand Crusader of the Silver Hand" skin for Arthas, based on that alternate reality fanart. He'll still have DK abilities.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Yeah, and changing the model is... Kind of a visual thing? Put Malfurion's model (visual) with glaives and Demon Hunter abilities, and you get... Exactly what we're looking at.
    the face is NOT AT ALL similar. its not malfurions model, its illidan with antlers.

completely different faces.

if it were demon hunter malfurion they would name it "malfurion the betrayer" or "malfurion the demon hunter" or "malfurions gift of sargeras" or some shit like that, they wouldnt name it shando illidan,
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Nope, I think you are thinking about a mod for SC2 called Warcraft: Alliance and Horde.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrgVb...re=c4-overview

is great, BZ should hire him

Yeah, and changing the model is... Kind of a visual thing? Put Malfurion's model (visual) with glaives and Demon Hunter abilities, and you get... Exactly what we're looking at.

Which is why using specific heroes in Heroes of the Storm isn't a bright idea. Generic Demon Hunter is easy to add names to. Illidan is not; All of Illidan's skins have to be Demon Hunter because he is a Demon Hunter in his original skin. But if you swap in a different character, you get a Demon Hunter that isn't Illidan.

Saying it's Demon Hunter Malfurion makes sense because it uses the Demon Hunter abilities. Saying it is Druid Illidan makes no sense because he isn't a Druid.
    I thought it would be obvious. Shan-do illidan is exactly the same as normal illidan except that he is covered in feathers, fur and just has a nature theme to his powers.

Its not a problem they named him illidan because its suppose to be illidan with the same exact abilities. But this is Nature Illidan , just like you might have the Lich King Fire edition.
    Last edited by tristannarutofan; 2014-02-27 at 08:35 PM.

But then are you fighting Malfurion, or Illidan using a Malfurion skin? It causes unnecessary confusion.

My LoL example above is perfect. If you put Vi's skin onto Caitlyn and name it Sniper Vi, it becomes hard to tell which champion you are facing. And it is very important to know that because Vi is a tanky bruiser, vs. Caitlyn who is a squishy carry.

If we were dealing with Generic Demon Hunter, you could slap the name Illidan onto a skin, or Malfurion, or hell even Arthas the Demon Hunter, and it would work fine. But Illidan is what the champion is named. Shan'do Illidan is named as it is to avoid confusion; You are fighting the champion in game that is known as Illidan, which is a Demon Hunter. The model is what matters, and yes it DOES look like Malfurion. I don't know how you can say it doesn't.
    no it doesnt, because they look nothing alike other than both being druids.

illidans face is triangular and has his trademark smirk.

malfurians face is more square and has a frown.

"doesnt have druid abilities"

is a dumb reason to try and say its malfurion. its a SKIN! its not a different character. its there to make people look different. not to give them a new playstyle for blizzard to balance the game around

It is a problem, especially in games like this. You can't name the champion "Illidan" anything but Illidan regardless of the skin. Why? Because if someone is strategizing against Illidan, but proceeds to fight a skin named "Malfurion" that's a major problem. Why? Because there is ALSO a champion named "Malfurion" in game, which is a completely different champion with different abilities.

The strategies against the two champions are MAJORLY DIFFERENT. If you try to strategize against Malfurion when in truth it's just a skin for Illidan, you're gonna have a bad time.
    when you see the person ingame you wouldnt see "malfurion demon hunter" above their head, you would just see their name...

they look nothing alike, if you would confuse this skin with the malfurion hero then you need some damn glasses

10+ Year Old Account
    My analysis of this is.

It's Illidan if he went to be a Druid. He still has Demon Hunter abilities but it's Druidified(Going by the pictures) and most likely Malfurion's *Illidan skin* if they go there that is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm starting to think YOU don't know how skins work. I'm gonna break it down for you.
    abilities have nothing to do with skins.

the horse mount runs just as fast as the thunder lizard mount ER MAH GERD IT MUST NOT BEH A HORSE @_@

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    WC4 plissss
    What do we want?

WC4!

When do we want it?

Now! Or... At least at some point in the hopefully not too distant future, take your time Blizz, don't screw it up.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2014-02-27 at 08:54 PM.

... Or horses are just as fast as thunder lizards.

Druids aren't the same as Demon Hunters, though.
    its a SKIN.

the whole point of skins is that they DONT effect gameplay.

thats their POINT. you buy a skin so you can change what you look like without having to learn a new character.

this is ILLIDAN.

Or it's MALFURION. It still doesn't affect gameplay, it just ALSO MAKES SENSE, unlike your description.
    then why dont they call if malfurion? why doesnt it look anything like malfurion? why does it look EXACTLY like illidan only with antlers and druid clothes? why does it say illidan became a druid in the description? if this is malfurion why is he dressed like a druid instead of a demon hunter?

BECAUSE ITS NOT MALFURION.

you need some fucking glasses

Funny enough, I'm wearing them. Where's yours?
    then you clearly have never seen illidan in your entire life

How about the subject is dropped or moved to another thread. HotS skins were only tangentially related here anyway.
    ( ; , , ; )

anyone who can properly see can tell that these are entirely different people with entirely different facial features.

growing up differently doesnt change the way your face shapes. if malfurion decided to become a demon hunter he wouldnt suddenly turn into an illidan clone with antlers.

when they show the malfurion betrayer skin and he looks like a demon hunter but still uses druid abilities your gonna look like a huge idiot

- - - Updated - - -

same exact body and face just wearing a shirt

Wow. You really do need glasses.

I await with bated breath for your apology when it happens. Now stay on topic as asked.

I agree with Immitis. It's a Druid Illidan. (it even says so wherever it can)