10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Yes.

I will do it just for you.

Grand Finale Mohawks for everyone.

ALSO Sorry if I'm interrupting a conversation here, but I came across this.

It smells like a new Belf Model, it tastes like a new Belf Model...

EDIT: Wayback machine tells me that this particular image didn't exist until after Blizzcon, take that as you will.
    \\

Most likely the new icon for the gender change option or maybe they will give us a free costumization for our characters when WoD comes out

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely not the old model, the hair, eyebrows and ears are properly modeled. I would find it hard to believe that they would go out of their way to make new models just for a little graphic.
    Is the old model, clean and with a little more details just like the malde dranei and/or female draneai in WoD trailer (The female Draneai does look different IMO)

No way near as drastic enough a change for me to think it's a glimpse of what's coming. it's basically a slightly embellished version of what we have i think.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Looks like blizzard is taking the traditional "evil for no fucking reason" motive this expac otherwise it would be sweet to have the warlords and even illidan as possible leaders that you could choose like a reputation bar almost. No, that's too innovative for this game actually

having night elves with glowing tattoos should have been in the game day one, and this is the perfect chance to introduce things like that

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    \\

Most likely the new icon for the gender change option or maybe they will give us a free costumization for our characters when WoD comes out

- - - Updated - - -

Is the old model, clean and with a little more details just like the malde dranei and/or female draneai in WoD trailer (The female Draneai does look different IMO)
    It is the icon for the gender/customization change, it exists already on the battlenet services page, where I found it. I just thought the fully modeled hair, ears and eyebrows were interesting to point out, and it could indicate at least some sort of hint towards what the new Blood Elves might look like.
    You just lost The Game

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...earance-change

this is the source of the Belf pic. I don't really think it's the new models, likely just photoshopped and spruced up to look better is all.

Yes.

*Snip*

EDIT: Wayback machine tells me that this particular image didn't exist until after Blizzcon, take that as you will.
    TBH, the faces don't look all that new to me.

Blackrock Orc baby!!!
    Along with Dark Iron Dwarfs!! YAY
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Yes.

Is that an ad for character recustomisation/race change/whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It's selective judgement and indeed profiling to disregard these as real people in this world beyond the 4th wall breaking jokes they are typical for depicting. There are gnomes and goblins with martial skill, like it or not. They are not hindered by genetic malfunctions as human dwarves are, with the hip issues and bone development. They are nimble, and are better viewed as halflings or hobbits or any number of nimble but smaller than homo sapiens primate. Brute force as well does not make you good a warrior when you know how to use brute force against itself. As many accomplished warrior women in history have shown in cultures like feudal Japan and Viking era Norway or Sparta. The Goblins had soldiers and warriors too. You're making the mistake of the Star Trek thing where every race on an entire planet has one culture and one demeanor. WOW in a way celebrates this and does it intentionally, but it also explores nuance in areas. It's admittedly a precarious aesthetic balance.

Gnomes are deadly as rogues and among the most skilled, as are goblins, making them great candidates for Frost DKs with the enhanced strength granted by Arthas' resurrection and imbuement of power and the compulsion for violence and suffering. Think of them more like Lemurs or smaller chimps than humans with extreme dwarfism. Hominid strength is interesting and varied in a wide range of smaller species. A chimp is half our size but ten times as strong with the way their muscles connect and attach to their skelatature, their compound jaw muscles robbing them of valuable brain space giving them the ability to bite faces off or chew wood. Their longer arm span and connections to their pectorals and other regions give them the ability to rip your arms from their sockets. Forget the jaws and focus on the nimble acrobatics and maneuverability putting humans to shame. As much as people like to mock the Yoda fight scene, were he in his prime that is an actually accurate approximation of how a small sentient hominid of that build could fight without all the unnecessary flourish. Ninja Scroll the anime showed this best with the tiny old man/spy and his fighting style in a cartoon world of cartoon physics.

I love cartoon physics and cartoon worlds, and it's a shame that these actual real world examples and other precedents can be overlooked so easily. But it's perfectly understandable.
    I also think Arthas just flat out didn't have TIME to go around noticing thousands of mortals and granting them Death Knight status.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    No way near as drastic enough a change for me to think it's a glimpse of what's coming. it's basically a slightly embellished version of what we have i think.
    To be fair, I expect Blood Elves to look very similar to their current ingame model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    To be fair, I expect Blood Elves to look very similar to their current ingame model.
    I agree. I expect only the "ugly" races to look significantly better. The better looking races like Night Elf and Blood Elf won't look too much better then they are.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like this Azotha idea for a Human sub-race. Blizz could just invent some lore, Caverns of Time or something. We are already starting WoD off with CoT stuff anyways.

After all, Draenei lore was created out-of-the-blue too.

Yes.

Hey Shoc , could you mirror the other half of each face onto each other (one for the male BE and another for the female BE). Then we can compare it with current eq faces in hi res.

I know its some photoshop work for ya, but I am curious to see it.

I also think Arthas just flat out didn't have TIME to go around noticing thousands of mortals and granting them Death Knight status.

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas was not raising every DK, as you can see, his minions and Lieutenants do that, pulling you off piles of corpses of the the most noteworthy who fell in battle, some are immediately slain as weaklings moments after resurrection , some used for the stronger to train against, then the strongest get sent to speak to him in the starting experience towards the very ends of the campaign. We also are not literally "THOUSANDS" at all.

Lore wise, every player in this game probably makes up a few hundred super heroes in world populated by the normal people of WOW. If that.
    You can't literally conflate game population with lore like that, the Ebon Blade I'd say is nowhere near "thousands" The army assembled at Light's Hope was basically it along with the infrastructure in Northrend.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you get what I mean by drastic. But I understand your misunderstanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    I agree. I expect only the "ugly" races to look significantly better. The better looking races like Night Elf and Blood Elf won't look too much better then they are.
    I disagree, just by looking at gnomes and dwarves and human females. Depth in ear folds and finger tops and finger nails, stylized faces and facial expressions, this stuff is so subjective. Carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I like this Azotha idea for a Human sub-race. Blizz could just invent some lore, Caverns of Time or something. We are already starting WoD off with CoT stuff anyways.

After all, Draenei lore was created out-of-the-blue too.
    Everything in this game came out of the blue. I wish your pun was intended.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The model looks new, the texture does not look finished, especially around the eyes and the hair. It could even be the old texture in a bit higher res.. not sure.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-03-17 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Hey Shoc , could you mirror the other half of each face onto each other (one for the male BE and another for the female BE). Then we can compare it with current eq faces in hi res.

I know its some photoshop work for ya, but I am curious to see it.
    Not sure whether this helps you:

They definitely look somewhat different from the current ingame models - smoother features, ears and eyebrows, sparkly eyes etc - but that may very well just be photoshop, it is a promotional image after all.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2014-03-17 at 10:48 AM.

I think people are reading too much into that character recustomization picture. The faces don't look updated at all, just as though they've been touched up in photoshop.

The blood elf models are only slightly better than the vanilla models in terms of quality. If the difference between the old and new human female model is anything to go by, then we can expect to see a similar jump in appearance for the blood elves.

Yes.

The draenei models from the WOD announcement cinematic looked more improved than these.
    Meaning these are certainly not the updated models but just a photoshopped version.

They do this for commercials. Remember the worgen druid race change with the DK eyes?

theres also that one time they used the alpha worgen model in an advert a little while back.

- - - Updated - - -

you know now that i think about it im actually pretty interested in the new troll models.

trolls are covered in fur so people dont actually know their real skin colour, will be interesting to see if this is more noticeable in the new models.

might even manage to make the trolls look a little cute :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres also that one time they used the alpha worgen model in an advert a little while back.

- - - Updated - - -

you know now that i think about it im actually pretty interested in the new troll models.

trolls are covered in fur so people dont actually know their real skin colour, will be interesting to see if this is more noticeable in the new models.

oh yeah the fur... wait... what?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

WHAT?!

*Check wowpedia*

OMFG!!!

*Read about how Forest Trolls can support plant life to a limited extent in their skin*

WTF?!

*Forest Trolls grow a thin layer of moss on the skin after they are born and gives them their characteristic green coloring*

Everything i knew about Trolls is a lie!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    trolls are covered in fur so people dont actually know their real skin colour,
    What?