Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i prefer beefy draenei as opposed to lean and skinny draenei
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    From what I have seen of all the new models, they look awesome.

Though the only thing that pisses me off is that the Kaldorei still don't have any claws, I mean what most people don't realise is that the Kaldorei and Draenei are races with actual fangs and claws, yet we never really see them ingame.

Atleast the new Kaldorei female models show small fangs among her teeth, but thats it :s

She has always had them, and that one they scrapped has sharp pointed fingers and unpainted claw like finger nails, so I think it's safe to bet the updated Night Elf model will have them in the way Azshara and Tyrande have them, Illidan's claws might be left to his demon hunter stuff, but they might create some claws like you see in drawings I linked.

They are like the Wolverine version of elves, even with male Nelf's getting mutton chops to go with their and fangs and in their art a lot of claws, feral forest elves, the first thing they reminded me of were the Wolfriders from Elfquest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    And yet people consistently moan and bitch about wanting WarCraft III Kaldorei, so Blizzard gives them fangs and their hated?

God, I hate it when people don't know what they want.....
    Ever consider those are totally different people with totally different opinions who wait on the internet to post until they don't like something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well last model shown for the female Night Elf had fangs and most people hated it cause it made them look like Vampires, but those models were scrapped so it doesn't really matter
    That model was scrapped a long time ago, to be clear. Not because people didn't like it. And they've had fangs for 10 years, people aren't going to change it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It's not that we want them to be femenine, its that we want them to be proportioned in ways that make sense. Currently, they look like refrigerators with horse legs. While I don't really want them to look like the pictures above, I would much rather them be properly proportioned, like they look in their concept art.

In the art they aren't ridiculously broad, they stand strong and proud and very much in proportion.
    It seems to me they are supposed to be a cross between the minimalist almost German expressionist style of Batman the animated series or Hellboy with giant bodies the size as you see in the cinema scene of a being more like the Thing from the Fantastic 4 or the Hulk or Image Comics PItt or the Maxx, they are supposed to be huge, like Tauren for the Alliance for the males.

It's a style thing, it's a comic book thing. I think saying it does not make sense is just ignoring an appreciation for something you don't appreciate. This is stylized cartoon art, and it makes sense in that universe. But look at the size of Maraad in his Sideshow or Dc Direct statue, they are supposed to be gigantic I'd say. The concept art explores something more subdued but they went wild with it as they went along. There are different body types, but the hero character we play is their giant muscle head every superhero team has had going back to Beast I guess which got way out of hand in the 90s it seems. I like it personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I think the red chaos Orcs would make more sense.
    Fel Orcs are to corrupted to be in the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

WHY YOU NO LIKE EREDURP?
    I agree to. I want to see a nice update model for them and even the males to.

I want more colours for the Eredar.
    Now that we've seen they specifically updated the NPC Dark Portal new orcs with new high resolution RED fel chaos orc skins who are in the Horde, I won't rule it out. I'd love a red orc like the blademaster from Pearl of Pandaria. Fel Orcs, no thanks, unless their spines looked like Samwise's awesome fel orc, but otherwise an easy thing to add now when they add expanded customization with what the NPCs have shown us is a red shade of skin that is not the red ochre people mistake Mag'har for being too red from.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-04-23 at 09:55 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    That model was scrapped a long time ago, to be clear. Not because people didn't like it. And they've had fangs for 10 years, people aren't going to change it.
    Why would they scrap it if artists/internals liked the model? But yes.. we don't know if the fangs was a detail that bugged them..
    Personally I like to see fangs, my guess is that they will be more subtle like in the warcraft3 poster.
    They will probably avoid the "in your face, thats how your night elf should actually look like"-effect

They make these HD models for the people who played with these models for nearly 10 Years and liked them as they are. (whats probably the reason they still playing them)
    Not so much for people who want an different direction on them. Same applies btw. for all the other races and genders.

There are always a lot of people who don't play particular race or genders for various reason, wanting a different direction on them to fit their vision of that race/gender, so that they can finally play (or enjoy) them.

From what we have seen, changes will be pretty pragmatic (super duper pragmatic are Draenei Females), bigger changes only happen if something can't be translated well to a HD model (f.e. orc female prosture).
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-04-23 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Can't wait to see what they do with the male humans. I'd like to see something along the lines of these. Although i don't and never will play a male human, id like to just stare at him though

Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    Can't wait to see what they do with the male humans. I'd like to see something along the lines of these. Although i don't and never will play a male human, id like to just stare at him though

Holy crap!!! If only the actual Varian model really looked like that. That's basically perfect. o___O
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    Holy crap!!! If only the actual Varian model really looked like that. That's basically perfect. o___O
    Wolvarian Wrynn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right... but dat poly count. I can see it now.

~*Breaking news for blizzard!* Millions unsubscribe from the game due to the fact that their 8 year old Dell laptops are no longer able to run the game! Company in shambles!~

As they've shown us by now, they have the technology and skill to create some extremely visually impressive things but let us not forget that they're under the constant pressure of an extremely low performance cap, not only due to the original limitations of the game's engine but of the playerbase itself. Just going through the transmog threads it's sometimes a reality check as to just how many people still play the game on low-med settings, even pre-WOD updates.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Those mounts should totally be a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Wolvarian Wrynn.
    Which completely fits since he is kinda the avatar of Goldrinn.

But Goldrinn is a wolf, not a wolverine. Wolverines are basically scraggly little pissed-off raccoons. It makes sense for the comic character because, unlike Hugh Jackman, he's like four and a half feet tall. That's why Sabertooth calls him "runt."
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    But Goldrinn is a wolf, not a wolverine. Wolverines are basically scraggly little pissed-off raccoons. It makes sense for the comic character because, unlike Hugh Jackman, he's like four and a half feet tall. That's why Sabertooth calls him "runt."
    Well TBH while Goldrinn is a wolf he's also constantly pissed-off. So it does sort of work.

Holy shit, that Varian model looks awesome...

10+ Year Old Account
    Could somebody add the Vrykul hair style and beard to the Warlords Ogre model?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    That is one hunky model of Varian.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Fucking awesome !!!

15+ Year Old Account
    WAY too realistic. It doesn't fit with Blizz's cartoony style.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    But we all know you want it, oh yeah you want it :3

10+ Year Old Account
    He still looks like a badass.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I never noticed varian's armor has such a big dwarf motif.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The artstyle is actually fine, it is cartoony it just isn't low quality like Blizzard's textures.
    This is not a part of the post I just made.