@shoc

If there's no difference between High and Blood Elves, then the same may be applied to Mag'har vs Green Orcs, Eredar vs Draenei, and so on. Blood Elves are Fel Corrupted, there is a difference.

I also think that people are vastly underestimating the longevity of the green eyes. Look at the orcs. It's been two or three generations since Mannoroth, and something around 12 years since the Third War. Yet, every single green Orc lineage remains green. Even someone like Thrall, who is a master of arguably a near exact opposite of Fel magic.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-07-12 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    @shoc

If there's no difference between High and Blood Elves, then the same may be applied to Mag'har vs Green Orcs, Eredar vs Draenei, and so on. Blood Elves are Fel Corrupted, there is a difference.

I also think that people are vastly underestimating the longevity of the green eyes. Look at the orcs. It's been two or three generations since Mannoroth, and something around 12 years since the Third War. Yet, every single green Orc lineage remains green. Even someone like Thrall, who is a master of arguably a near exact opposite of Fel magic.
    the elves absorb holy energy from the Sunwell steadily!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    A lot of you are mistaking Blood Elves and High Elves to be different races. They are not. Blood and High elves are a political ideology that cast them away from the Alliance and into the Horde following the destruction of 95% of their population by the Scourge, the destruction of the Sunwell, and the fact that they had to consume fel energy in order to satisfy their magical addiction.

With the Sunwell restored, they will eventually return to having Blue eyes and even normal non-glowing eyes, that doesn't mean they are High Elves, still Blood Elves that are just cleansed of the Fel corruption.

Having Blue eyes isn't going to change the fact that the Alliance have been kicking the shit out of them for the last 4 expansions.

#highelvesforthehorde2014

Also Eredar and Broken coming.
    They are the same race, however over time they will eventually change into a completely difference race. This was evident by how Trolls became Night Elves (Well of Eternity Influence) who then became High Elves (ARCANE Sunwell Influence). Eventually this new Sunwell (which is fueled by Holy energies now) will cause the Blood Elves to become something...new.

The Blue eyes came from the arcane influence of the original Sunwell. They were addicted to the stuff, which is why they turned to Fel magics after it was destroyed. They needed the magic and Fel magic is plentiful (though it's generally not a good idea to use the stuff...). After Mu'ru's remains (and the girl who was the living embodiment of the sunwell itself) were used to reignite the Sunwell after Kil'Jeadens defeat it became a source of Holy energy.

This means they will not have blue eyes in the end. They will likely end up with Golden Eyes.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

That Broken draenei is amazing How did you do that?

If blizzard is smart this guy has a new job and some work to do. I really hope these make it in game one day.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the elves absorb holy energy from the Sunwell steadily!!!!
    that doesnt matter.

fel taint has a very long half life. if it could just be wished away with light magic dont you think the blood knights wouldve never gotten green eyes in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    They are the same race, however over time they will eventually change into a completely difference race. This was evident by how Trolls became Night Elves (Well of Eternity Influence) who then became High Elves (ARCANE Sunwell Influence). Eventually this new Sunwell (which is fueled by Holy energies now) will cause the Blood Elves to become something...new.

The Blue eyes came from the arcane influence of the original Sunwell. They were addicted to the stuff, which is why they turned to Fel magics after it was destroyed. They needed the magic and Fel magic is plentiful (though it's generally not a good idea to use the stuff...). After Mu'ru's remains (and the girl who was the living embodiment of the sunwell itself) were used to reignite the Sunwell after Kil'Jeadens defeat it became a source of Holy energy.

This means they will not have blue eyes in the end. They will likely end up with Golden Eyes.
    high elves also have access to the sunwell from everywhere.

all high elves and blood elves are connected to the sunwell from bloodline regardless of where they are

- - - Updated - - -

also lore wise high elves DO NOT all have blue eyes.

thats game mechanics. lore wise high elves can have blue eyes, green eyes, gold eyes, white eyes, silver eyes, ect ect.

alleria windrunner for example had glowing green eyes and was a high elf
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted

Broken draenei looks great. But I think that Eredar needs to looks more demonic and vile, because already your one looks just like red draenei. His face is too calm, I think he should look better with contemptuous grimace and some sharp teeth bared from mouth. Something looking that way:

Anyway, good job.
    Last edited by mmoc77ff97b6ff; 2014-07-12 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of you are mistaking Blood Elves and High Elves to be different races. They are not. Blood and High elves are a political ideology that cast them away from the Alliance and into the Horde following the destruction of 95% of their population by the Scourge, the destruction of the Sunwell, and the fact that they had to consume fel energy in order to satisfy their magical addiction.

With the Sunwell restored, they will eventually return to having Blue eyes and even normal non-glowing eyes, that doesn't mean they are High Elves, still Blood Elves that are just cleansed of the Fel corruption.

Having Blue eyes isn't going to change the fact that the Alliance have been kicking the shit out of them for the last 4 expansions.

#highelvesforthehorde2014

Also Eredar and Broken coming.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks awesome!

Also, Sin'dorei, in-lore, never had non-glowing eyes.

All Elves have glowy eyes like the Elves ingame have!

Also, all those new models and skins wants me to make characters for every race in the Alliance :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post

I see this all the time and I wonder where people got this from because it is state in in-game book that they turned into high elf because they were cut off from life-giving energy of WoE. They grew weaker and paler. They are like weaker version of Night Elf. Am I missing something?

the physical changes from night elf to high elf were caused from a combination of things.

being cut off from the world tree and its magic, whatever was under tirisfal affecting them, a switch to diurnal lifestyles, the sunwell.

troll aggression started immediately without provocation and lasted until 4000 years before erupting into the troll wars fully.

its possible what the trolls were doing to the elves played a part of it as well.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    If blizzard is smart this guy has a new job and some work to do. I really hope these make it in game one day.
    His work is awesome and all but all he's doing is photoshopping images in static angles, and these are all common sense ideas any lore fan is familiar with. What exactly do you think his position should be at Blizzard? I love his work, but the way people make this remark just because they like something really seems to ignore a bucket of context. I could maybe see him doing images for in game short story illustrations or website design. I can assure you these ideas we talk about are all known about at Blizzard and desired by many developers, it takes more than this unfortunately for something to manifest in the game.

I only say this because it's not really fair to Blizzard to act like this is an oversight on their part.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    His work is awesome and all but all he's doing is photoshopping images in static angles, and these are all common sense ideas any lore fan is familiar with. What exactly do you think his position should be at Blizzard? I love his work, but the way people make this remark just because they like something really seems to ignore a bucket of context. I could maybe see him doing images for in game short story illustrations or website design. I can assure you these ideas we talk about are all known about at Blizzard and desired by many developers, it takes more than this unfortunately for something to manifest in the game.

I only say this because it's not really fair to Blizzard to act like this is an oversight on their part.
    Yup, Blizzard has stated a good number of times that sub races and additional customization options have been on their list for a long time now, and we can expect something fun once the model update is complete.

What I'm doing in this thread isn't very hard to be honest, I'm just cutting out the artcraft models, messing with adjustment sliders, filters, brightness and contrast, cutting minor details out of the model viewer and into photoshop, all in all it isn't a lot of work. Though I'm pursuing a career in graphic design so this acts as a nice exercise in photoshop between work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    Broken draenei looks great. But I think that Eredar needs to looks more demonic and vile, because already your one looks just like red draenei. His face is too calm, I think he should look better with contemptuous grimace and some sharp teeth bared from mouth. Something looking that way:

Anyway, good job.
    How's this for demonic and vile?

You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    @shoc

My theory: The minor corruption on orcs (green skin) is permanent, major corruption can be cured (red skin) as shown with Grom Hellscream. The thing about Blood/High Elves is that they need a constant supply of energy to keep their magic powers or w/e we call it. If they stop take power from fel energy (blood elf) or the sunwell (high elf) they won't have any eye glow at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, the Azotha looks awesome! Wish they were in the game!

Sorry for the wait guys, real life got in the way of things. Anyways, here is a concept for the Azotha and Half-Elf sub race for Humans.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I can no longer view the images anymore because my DNS doesn't like Imgur anymore, I think. x.x

- - - Updated - - -

How's this for demonic and vile?

I would roll that in a heartbeat. Much love. Where'd you get those horns from?

Quote Originally Posted by ShuaVerde View Post
    I would roll that in a heartbeat. Much love. Where'd you get those horns from?
    From google images!

http://shard4.1stdibs.us.com/archive...C_DM//03/X.jpg
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    My theory: The minor corruption on orcs (green skin) is permanent, major corruption can be cured (red skin) as shown with Grom Hellscream. The thing about Blood/High Elves is that they need a constant supply of energy to keep their magic powers or w/e we call it. If they stop take power from fel energy (blood elf) or the sunwell (high elf) they won't have any eye glow at all.
    the sunwell doesnt give them any powers it just boosts it. they're addicted to magic.

imagine someone who has a morphine pump inside of them and that pump runs out. thats what happened to the high elves when the sunwell was destroyed.

the eye glow would probably remain with or without the sunwell for many generations simply because of how many mages and magical artifacts the elves are surrounded by everyday.

night elves still have their eye glow from the well of eternity despite their only connection to it being the world tree and small moonwells across the world

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Thank of this with a new model