Poll: Do you think this would be a good idea?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Beast Master & Exotic/Spirit Beasts.

Hi there! :-)

- I would like to ask the opinion of you guys about the current system of Beast Master Hunters being the only spec able to tame/use Exotic/Spirit Beasts?

I for one, play Beast Master as a main spec and yet I still feel in some way that it's unfair to the two other specs not allowing them to use their 'favorite' companion without having to play as a Beast Master. I know there are lots of nice pets out there even for MM and Survival but for some people it just doesn't cut it, and I can honestly say that our companions plays a big role for most of us when playing a Hunter :-) (Keep in mind not everyone cares for their pet's).

So my question to you guys is, do you find it fair that you have to limit your choice of pet's? I do feel forced to play as a Beast Master because I have some pretty sweet pet's. Yes I know how lame that sounds, but I simply just can't be more proud of the ones I have :-).

I would find it awesome if Blizzard would allow every spec for Hunters to use all the pet's available, but be giving BM Pet's a certain special ability depending on their family tree so they still do feel a bit special but so all the skins would be available for everyone!

What do you guys think? :-) id like to hear some opinions, good/bad as long as you keep it civilized.
    Last edited by mmoc85b120ba5f; 2013-12-07 at 09:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... I too play a BM for spiritbeasts etc. Don't know if I feel it's unfair or not, but I've never had any problems with it

+ Your idea seems decent!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawri View Post
    Well... I too play a BM for spiritbeasts etc.
    That's the sad part for me :-/ I really feel it limits people by a lot, a girl in my guild is forced by the guild to play Survival because of it's DPS which btw is not that much of a difference and she has kinda lost her feelings towards playing as a Hunter when she can't have her favorite companions around :-/

But thank you for the reply! I'm glad you like the idea :-)

- - - Updated - - -

I see a lot of people voting no, I would like to ask why this is? :-)
    As I personally don't see a reason why this shouldn't happen, so id like to hear your reasons (There might be some valid ones).

No thanks don't need that my hunter alt is fine using his spirit doge when specced bm. Obviously though being not my main I don't really care but in general I find specs having a slight unique flavor a lot more attractive than the opposite.

Deleted
    Well, as of right now I approve it and I play hunter.

But the easiest way to solve this is to just implement more pets that are interesting-looking that doesn't require you to be BM. Such as the thundermaw wolves that looks like Skoll, except for another colour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    No thanks don't need that my hunter alt is fine using his spirit doge when specced bm.
    Nobody said you would -have- to use your spirit beast when not BM :-).

I think there are a lot of people who vote this idea down, simply due to their own personal preference.
    I would like to say the reason why I find this an attractive idea is because I would like to see other hunters (I play BM as main anyway) be able to get the pet they want, so basically looking further than my own nose:-).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    Such as the thundermaw wolves that looks like Skoll, except for another colour.
    - Now that's an idea I do indeed also like a lot :-)!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's OK I think, it's what set the BM apart for SV and MM. I play BM and SV and yes I miss my Quillen and SPirit Beasts on occasion, but I can just switch to them anyway when I want.
    And even though DPS may be lacking for BM hunters, the extra they provide are awesome. Always have 2 spirit beasts and 3 QUillens with me.... battle resses are awesome :P

Disagree, the specs should become more unique as opposed to more homogenised.

Giving each spec the same perks is not the answer to the current hunter problem.

The answer is making MM and Surv cool enough that you want to play them. The way to do this is to overhaul them and make them unique.

For example, remove pets completely (or make them uncontrollable) from MM and make them an actual marksman based solely on his own gun/bow, Survival make it more about actually surviving, make it a guerrilla class focused on slowing/poisoning the enemy and self healing with a range of jungle medicines created by the hunter, improve the stealth ability of the class and have them play from the shadows.

That would IMO be a much better idea than just throwing spirit beasts at every spec

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Disagree, the specs should become more unique as opposed to more homogenised.
    No pets should become more unique as opposed to more homogenized like they were in vanilla.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, hunter main and can't decide.

Depends on how they would change BM to compensate.

Deleted
    I can clearly see a lot of people here read what they want to read..
    As I stated in my OP, I think they should give BM's something else for their pets to compensate as a BM and allow the pet's to be used by any Hunter.

That means, id like to see BM Hunter Pet's getting a special ability instead of only being able to be tamed by a BM :-).

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    No pets should become more unique as opposed to more homogenized like they were in vanilla.
    Isn't avoiding the pets becoming homogenised part of exactly what i'm arguing?

I didn't say at any point make all pets the same

exotic pets is the only thing beastmaster has going for it. why the hell do you want that removed?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I didn't vote because I am neither for nor against the idea, I feel mostly neutral but I also feel like Survival and Marksmanship should get their own unique specialties instead. I play as MM and I'd love to see it as a pure archer spec, for instance..

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    pets had all kinds of unique things in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I didn't vote because I am neither for nor against the idea, I feel mostly neutral but I also feel like Survival and Marksmanship should get their own unique specialties instead. I play as MM and I'd love to see it as a pure archer spec, for instance..
    well there is that petless option coming in WoD for a level 100 talent. hell i would like hunters to dual wield pistols with having survival more aimed at that(with its traps too.)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    well there is that petless option coming in WoD for a level 100 talent. hell i would like hunters to dual wield pistols with having survival more aimed at that(with its traps too.)
    I'll take that petless option (if it's not axed during development), but it still is not the best it could be. I don't like a flat damage boost that also negates a lot of other talents/class features, and feel a better option would be a spec dedicated to that.

For instance, choosing that talent, you make the following talents useless: Intimidation, Spirit Bond, Blink Strikes and Lynx Rush. You also make Master's Call unusable and lose a lot of raid buffs, so in small raids you may be forced to use a pet to have a buff no one else can provide.

If you want a specific skin that's BM only, you either have to live without the skin or play a spec you may not like. For special abilities, i.e. SB heal, yes, you should have to be BM. But for something as trivial as the skin? Surv using Loque wouldn't bother me at all, because as BM I'd still have the heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of Loque, the only Hunter spec I'll ever play is BM. Hasn't proved to be an issue so far since I don't raid as a Hunter but I'd appreciate being able to play MM since overall I prefer it's playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    pets had all kinds of unique things in vanilla.
    Might have worded it wrong but exactly what I meant!