mechanics of prayer of healing

Is it a smart heal or what? Does it matter who i target? Does it heal only the players in the same group??

How does this spell work and is there tricks to it? It says heals within 30 yards but that really isnt enough info lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    You target a person.
    You cast PoH.
    They are healed as well as all members of their group that are within 30 yards of them.

There are addons that will show you the best targets for PoH so that it will hit most or all of the group.

In this case 'group' does not mean 'raid group' but 'group of 5' (which is different from the meaning of 'group' used in any other tooltip in the game).

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it not enough info? Heals people in the party that are within 30 yards of the person you select.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    In this case 'group' does not mean 'raid group' but 'group of 5' (which is different from the meaning of 'group' used in any other tooltip in the game).
    The tool tip says "party members" not group - whereas other heals say "party or raid members" Pretty clear imo.
    (I'm not sure "group" is even used in any tooltips... it's almost always party, raid or allies/enemies)

It would be a great heal if it wasn't wasted on fewer than 5 targets most the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    The tool tip says "party members" not group - whereas other heals say "party or raid members" Pretty clear imo.
    (I'm not sure "group" is even used in any tooltips... it's almost always party, raid or allies/enemies)
    Ah well it has been some time since I looked at the English tooltips, and those in my language didn't change and are still not making this distinction even though it could be easily be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    It would be a great heal if it wasn't wasted on fewer than 5 targets most the time.
    It's only wasted if you aren't doing it right

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

For years I have either shuffled groups in raids or bugged raid leaders to do so to optimize an encounter. But the "party" heal mechanic is what makes the spell unique and lets it remain powerful while having it's own limitations.

And nothing bugs priests more when a raid leader in lfr moves half of group 5 into group 6 for Spoils.