Thread: New to SW:TOR!

New to SW:TOR!

Hey there MMO-C !

Currently I'm installing this game, can't wait to finally start it. But I don't really know how to start out though.

What realm should I pick?
    Which Factions are generally more popular?
    Which EU realm has the most PvP on it?
    Which EU realm has the most english speaking players? seeing as i heard there are a lot of spanish players and scandinavian on some.
    Is there anyone I can turn to in game, for help?

These are sort of the questions I have, it's really weird to start out in a game from scratch without knowing anyone in it x)

Thanks for reading! Hope there's someone with some answers for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I don't play anything EU, I can at least tell you to choose a server that looks like it is consistently high in population. After all the mergers I don't believe that is all that hard to find, but you never know.

Give it a bit and some EU players should probably be posting here with more information.

Deleted
    The Red Eclipse is an English speaking PvE server that has a healthy population, I don't know how it compares in population to other servers but FP and WZ queues pop quite regularly and you can usually find people to do the Heroic group missions on each planet.

Although it is a PvE server the PvP WZ queues pop quite regularly and factions seem quite well balanced so you get WZ battles of Imp vs Rep most of the time, rather than Rep vs Rep or Imp vs Imp all of the time.

I like the feeling of installing a new game and starting a new adventure, enjoy the game and good luck.

Deleted
    If you want to PvP in an EU realm, I think Tomb of Freedon Nadd is the way to go.
    As far as I know, it's the server with the most active PvP community.

Quote Originally Posted by Talzz View Post

Which Factions are generally more popular?
    Dunno about EU realms, but Empire is generally more popular than Republic.

Red Eclipse EU is a good option for a PvE server. Yes, it has some Spanish (and others) guilds, but there are zero issues for English-speaking players. PvP-wise the queues pop instantly for both factions, but for PvE (ie where your role matters) I find the Empire side more populated, but that's maybe my random play-times.

Either way, enjoy the game and consider dropping 5-10 euros in their cash market to unlock the "preferred" status, even if just for the level 1 sprint and the extra action bars.

Hello Talzz, glad to see you are going to be playing SWToR I play on a North American server called Prophecy of the Five, an amazing PvP server. If you are willing, you could join my guild. I know the time difference is a little much, but there are always members online no matter what. We have both Republic and Empire guilds so it doesn't matter what side you join. If you need any help in-game or any questions, just hit me up on my skype (pat.dabson94) or add me in-game on Republic side on my server (characters name is Patdab)