Synapse springs is worthless compared to other profession bonuses?

So synapse springs increases the highest stat by 480 for 10 seconds every minute. So does every other profession bonus. For example enchanting... you enchant your rings and get a passive bonus with 100% uptime. What is the benefit here with engineering? To me it seems like synapse springs does the exact same thing, but it just has 1/6th of the uptime (completely worthless in comparison to other professions). Am I missing something here or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    So synapse springs increases the highest stat by 480 for 10 seconds every minute. So does every other profession bonus. For example enchanting... you enchant your rings and get a passive bonus with 100% uptime. What is the benefit here with engineering? To me it seems like synapse springs does the exact same thing, but it just has 1/6th of the uptime (completely worthless in comparison to other professions). Am I missing something here or what?
    Maybe you're missing something, but Synapse springs mk. 2 is 1920 for 10 seconds every minute which maths out to just about 480 constantly.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

It increases your highest stat by 1920 for 10 seconds at level 90, the 480 is for a lower lvl.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=126731

10+ Year Old Account
    It's better because it's better to have 1920 stats during cds (Average 320 stats), than constantly having 320 stats, especially since it also lines up with 2/3/5 minute CD's (aka hero on most fights).

Consider Nitro boosts and Goblin Glider 2 major combat perks.

SS is the best profession perk, since you control when you use it and effectively using it further increases it's value.

I'll use Ret as an example:

- JC is the worst, as you lose Haste/Str or Haste/Exp gems to Str gems in the same slots (Since there are no 640 Haste JC gems).
    - Every other crafting profession grants you 320 Str for each profession you have, which is average.
    - Engi gives you 1920 Str for 10s, which you use just before you cast ES/LH or every 3rd Holy Prism (Why?) and because ES/LH are snap-shot skills, they do drastically more damage with Engi than any other profession. This bonus is even better when you consider ES/LH are 1m CD, as is the tinker. Engi's only drawback is that it doesn't stack with on-use trinkets which yield a proc (basically anything apart from Freedom trinkets)

And yes, as Manabomb's said; you're looking at the previous Synapse Strings tooltip. it updates when you hit 550 Engi (I think?)

I have no idea where you read that. All professions give the same +320 stat buff. In fact engineering and tailoring are the strongest because they can be stacked with other CDs.

JC: Can use 2 serpent's eye gems for +320 additional stats
    Tailoring: 2000 int with 25% uptime = 500 int/min, there's already a +180 int enchant that is not stackable, thusly +320 int
    BS: 2 additional sockets for +320 stats
    LW: compared to other bracer enchants, +320 stats
    Engineering: +1960 stat (no idea where you got 480) with 16.66% uptime = ~ 320 stat/min