Shadow Discussion

Hi all, just recently returned to WoW after a break and levelled a new shadow priest despite almost everyone saying they suck really bad. When I got to level 90 I noticed that priest damage wasn't too good and was really struggling to dent any HP bar but I stuck with it since I enjoy my priest so much. I was busy for a few weeks so missed playing WoW for a few weeks, came back tonight and did a rated battleground and well ...

My priest was MELTING faces and I mean MELTING them! I got a 96K Devouring Plague on a very well PvP geared warrior and my insanity MF crits were close to 50K! I was also getting ALOT of instant MB's from Divine Insight. I had my DoT's on about 2 people as well as the warrior but I never had to cast MB once.

It wasn't just a warrior that felt this pain it was almost everyone I came in contact with. the other team had three hunters and my DoT's just ripped through them all and I killed their Holy Priest solo in a Silence with the damage.

I am just wondering if anyone else got anything like this today or was it just my stars and planets aligning tonight? or has a hotfix been applied to SP's that has boosted their damage?

Thanks for reading and look forward to reading some replies.

Any caster that is left ignored can do good damage. If the warrior you are talking about had got on you we wouldn't be having the conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullcephus View Post
    Any caster that is left ignored can do good damage. If the warrior you are talking about had got on you we wouldn't be having the conversation
    This is pretty much it. In any case, the way you're (the OP) telling this story, you kind of sound like the town drunk, and I don't mean this disrespectfully. Spriests have been rather unlucky this patch as far as I understand it, and especially warriors have not...
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

No ofc if the warrior was training me it would have been hard to get off casts, I am not saying it was easy to get people off me. What I am saying is my damage was really high compared to what it normally was. I have never seen me take out players that quickly before, I know SP's really struggle getting melee off of themselves and they really need peels badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    This is pretty much it. In any case, the way you're (the OP) telling this story, you kind of sound like the town drunk, and I don't mean this disrespectfully.
    This. I once beat a 3v3 team by myself. They were godawful bad and probably even just goofing around, not the other way around; same here. Shadow's damage, even if left alone, is nowhere near that of a similarly geared mage or lock.