Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury Warrior Garrosh question

563 fury warrior here, I've gotten the 10m normal garrosh kill but feel like I could be putting out better dps. any other fury warrior have any tips for the garrosh fight? one thing I haven't tried is using shield wall during phase two when garrosh does the whirling corruption attack. normally I have to go stack with ranged until it's over. anything else maybe I've been missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I go into berserker stance and shieldwall one, and DBTS the other for whirrling. I time CDs so that I get full CS on boss and than a BS on adds. Berserker stance right before iron star hits.

Deleted
    I specc Bladestorm and use DBTS for the first, Shieldwall second, and DBTS on third if we get one. Some guilds stay stacked for the entire duration of phase 1 and 2, this gives me a chance of using bladestorm on MC'ed people + the desecrated weapon, other then that just keep nuking, line your cd's up with Stormbolt and CS as much as possible and remember to Bladestorm if possible during transmission faces when with either A. small adds, or B. the 3 big ones

This gives me about 400k ish through out the fight on normal, also done it a few times now

thank you, both tips will for sure add to my dps. i'll be sure to try these out next encounter

If you ever plan to do heroic, convince your guild to stack in melee and heal through it with raid cooldowns. You shouldn't need to use DBTS or Shield Wall and can soak with BzS.
    If you can't convince them to do that, then either BzS with staggered CD's as above; or if you don't have CD's, use D Stance.

Also if yall aren't stacked, there are usually more MC'd people in range group than melee. Try Heroic Leaping to the range right as MC is going out, and Bladestorm them for more targets instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    If you ever plan to do heroic, convince your guild to stack in melee and heal through it with raid cooldowns. You shouldn't need to use DBTS or Shield Wall and can soak with BzS.
    If you can't convince them to do that, then either BzS with staggered CD's as above; or if you don't have CD's, use D Stance.

Also if yall aren't stacked, there are usually more MC'd people in range group than melee. Try Heroic Leaping to the range right as MC is going out, and Bladestorm them for more targets instead.
    The thing is a guild who plans to do it on heroic won't have any problems on garrosh nhc. Quite sure you could kill him without a single empowered whirling if you're serious...on 10man at least. (Even with twinks and allowing our DK to try dealing damage by letting him tank garrosh most of the time (still only pushed 200k vs my usual 300k without vengeance whoring but hey better keep your tanks happy ), we still killed it in 7min with only one whirling and I he fell right after his whirling. Just a little bit more and he'd have died before casting it once.)

I agree on the stacking tactics. It makes things much easier and with the CDR trinket you'll have bladestorm up for every single MC (I think you can't be MC'd during bladestorm which might make it worth it to pop bladestorm slightly too early but you don't usually need the full bladestorm to free the people anyway).

In the end there aren't many tricks to improve your damage. Optimize your cleave damage during the Adds, Bladestorm the MCs and hope your raid can resist DPSing the small ones during the transition phase while they are being pulled together for a nice bladestorm burst

Well he said he killed it on normal so I figured getting the kill was no longer the issue and he just wanted to min/max more.

You can be MC during BS, but you continue to spin (to hilarious results).
    Another big thing I forgot is optimal usage of Berserker Stance. There are a lot of places you can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    (I think you can't be MC'd during bladestorm which might make it worth it to pop bladestorm slightly too early but you don't usually need the full bladestorm to free the people anyway).
    Unfortunately, you can be mc'ed during a Bladestorm

@Archimtiros:

You're not talking about stacking during empowered whirling, right?

No, during Empowered you usually want to spread out and individually kill the adds. Taunt one away from others and solo it down.

Oh well. I've only killed him a few times as fury before I had to switch to tanking.

Really thought you would be immune during Bladestorm but if that isn't the case it might be not the best idea to pre-bladestorm unless you want to give your healers a way to rank

Oh, okay lol. You're talking about normal mode then. Had me confused lol...I was about to start hunting for your kill vid

@Meteo - Your healers won't rank anyway, at least not until WoL fixes the last three bosses :P
    Last edited by Frayed; 2013-12-08 at 11:09 AM.

The question was regarding normal mode, but even on heroic, during empowered whirling melee can stay on the boss. Just don't get hit by the swirls. Obviously 8 melee in a 25m shouldn't all do it, as that would be way too cluttered but a handful can easily.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it though, you don't lose a whole lot of damage by running out for 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    I agree on the stacking tactics. It makes things much easier and with the CDR trinket you'll have bladestorm up for every single MC (I think you can't be MC'd during bladestorm which might make it worth it to pop bladestorm slightly too early but you don't usually need the full bladestorm to free the people anyway).
    You do get MC'd and do A LOT of damage on your guild, rather use it when they are MC'd, easier and you don't kill anyone like me (Y)

Quote Originally Posted by lort1001 View Post
    You do get MC'd and do A LOT of damage on your guild, rather use it when they are MC'd, easier and you don't kill anyone like me (Y)
    It's the easiest way to get rid of those pesky cloth wearers who don't like a warriors attempt at healing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the same boat, so should I pick bladestorm up? I'm currently rocking Stormbolt and Dr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    I'm in the same boat, so should I pick bladestorm up? I'm currently rocking Stormbolt and Dr
    Yes, and is mentioned above, it usable several places, not just adds, if your guild can heal through the desecrated weapons too

Bladestorm is pretty much the de facto talent for T16 Heroic; I think the only fights I drop it for now are Iron Juggernaut and Siegecrafter but I'm probably forgetting something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frayed View Post
    Bladestorm is pretty much the de facto talent for T16 Heroic; I think the only fights I drop it for now are Iron Juggernaut and Siegecrafter but I'm probably forgetting something.
    Are you playing with Bladestorm for all HC fights unless it's Juggernaut or Siegecrafter?, How about Paragons, Malkorok, Norushen, Shamans, Nazgrim, Siegecrafter and Thok? How on earth will a weaker AoE attack that is channeled, be better then an instant attack like Dragonroar that do more singletarget damage be better on those fights?
    Only fights where Bladestorm is doable is this Heroic Tier is Immerseus, Protectors, Sha, Galakras, Spoils and Garrosh. I would like some explanation on that mate

Best regards
    Chop

Dragon Roar has high diminishing returns when it hits multiple targets, even if the target is immune to damage (IE siege mine on IJ). If you cannot avoid hitting that second target most of the time, bladestorm is technically better single target DPS. However, using it still doesn't really mean you should, like on Klaxxi. It'll be slightly better in single target, although you'll pretty much come across as a complete scumbag (you know who you are) for minimal single target gain.

Immerseus: Adds
    Protectors: 2-3 Bosses, 2 Add phases
    Norushen: Adds
    Sha: Adds
    Galakras: THE add fight this tier
    Juggernaut: No reason
    Shamans: Depends on tactics. If you split them there's no reason to go BS
    Nazgrim: Adds
    Malkorok: Blobb
    Spoils: Adds
    Thok: Bats, Jailer & Boss
    Siegecrafter: Mines. If you play without mines it depends on what you are doing.
    Klaxxi: DR diminishing returns but people will cry
    Garrosh: Haven't been there yet but adds usually aren't the problem as far as I've heard

I completely understand if someone prefers BS this tier. It can be used on so many fights.