BM opener/Trinket procs

Ok say i get a TED trinket proc right at the start of the pull, do i want to continue with my same CD rotation like Stampede And DB or should i go strait into using a KC?

Deleted
    Nope, I have no idea what this spreadsheet means
    EDIT: After staring at it for 5 mins I finally got it :O
    I also have 2 questions:
    What does "Ber" stand for? The orc racial?
    I think I saw that a CS before pull procs the trinket instantly. I've done it a few times and I think it procced but why/how does it do that?
    I really have no clue about how the PPM trinkets work
    Last edited by mmocba956eae31; 2013-12-08 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a H WF AoC and Normal TED and the best BM opener in my opinion has been:

0.0 Serpent Sting
    1.0 Rapid Fire
    2.0 Beastial Wrath
    2.5 KC
    3.0 Stampede
    4.0 Dire Beast
    5-7 Arcane Shot
    8.0 KC (With 5 stacks of T16 4 set and Last few seconds of trinket procs/pre-pot)
    8.5 Serpent sting
    Then just go with your normal rotation.

Deleted
    The most important thing when having ted is to use kc asap ted procs. Every other spell you are using is going to update dynamically and does only a fraction of kc damage during that single second you press kc. With ted it's unavoidable in opener to use global inside bestial wrath that doesn't do direct damage, something we all avoid as much as possible inside bestial wrath. Sad part also is the bm set bonus where you want to use kc as late in bw as possible while still using two kc inside of it. This is just very minor micro managing and doesn't provide any huge dps increase, but I accept every little boost to my dps with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    0.0 Serpent Sting
    1.0 Rapid Fire
    2.0 Beastial Wrath
    2.5 KC
    3.0 Stampede
    4.0 Dire Beast
    5-7 Arcane Shot
    8.0 KC (With 5 stacks of T16 4 set and Last few seconds of trinket procs/pre-pot)
    8.5 Serpent sting
    I'm not doubting this, just I watched that interview on twitch last week with Devai and Rogerbrown. During it they gave tips like during bestial wrath make sure you have everything ready before you pop it, eg enough focus, Dire Beast popped so that in Bestial Wrath you are free to spam damaging abilities.

I don't know if this differs in the opener just trying to learn myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    I'm not doubting this, just I watched that interview on twitch last week with Devai and Rogerbrown. During it they gave tips like during bestial wrath make sure you have everything ready before you pop it, eg enough focus, Dire Beast popped so that in Bestial Wrath you are free to spam damaging abilities.

I don't know if this differs in the opener just trying to learn myself
    Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    With ted it's unavoidable in opener to use global inside bestial wrath that doesn't do direct damage, something we all avoid as much as possible inside bestial wrath.
    With harom+assurance it is possible to pop all cd:s before BW+kc, but the way ted works you have to use kc asap and you wan't to use it with BW

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    I have a H WF AoC and Normal TED and the best BM opener in my opinion has been:

0.0 Serpent Sting
    1.0 Rapid Fire
    2.0 Beastial Wrath
    2.5 KC
    3.0 Stampede
    4.0 Dire Beast
    5-7 Arcane Shot
    8.5 Serpent sting

Then just go with your normal rotation.
    Except RF and BW don't cost GCDs so you spend half the time sitting there doing nothing.

It's not that easy with AoC sadly, because it does not have the 100% proc on your first hit like the rppm trinkets. If you don't want to rely on luck, you have to vary your opener based on when it procs, because it is more important to get that KC with both trinkets, even if you lose out some stacks of TED. Also when you use KC on let's say second 2 and AoC procs on second 3/4/5, you don't just lose the double trinket KC, you even lose another KC under the AoC proc because you can only fit in 4 KCs into 20 seconds when you use the first one within 2 seconds of the proc.

So basically I pull with 0 SrS, BW/RF/Racial and all the gcds you have to use anyway like Stampede, Dire Beast, Crows or whatever you skilled until AoC procs and I use KC in between them.
    Though I don't wait more than 4 seconds for the proc (yeah that happens quite often to me, don't know if I am just unlucky) because I don't want to delay KC too much and 4 seconds is the magic number to still get 2 KCs into your BW.
    That's another reason why I normally prefer Haromms even as BM on pure single target fights, the proc allows for more varying until AoC procs and hurts less when you have wait until second 4/10 for your KCs.

I didn't do some serious math with it though, so I don't guarantee it is the way to go, but it always seemed logical to me.