Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

This is why nobody wants to tank

This is bullshit. Also shows what a toxic community this game harbors. Now you know why your dps queues are so long.

http://imgur.com/a/dcni8

10+ Year Old Account
    I've removed your link. Repost the image with all names blotted out (just edit the link back in once you've fixed it). Naming and shaming isn't allowed here.

OT: That's why I stopped tanking LFR. I'm an excellent tank but whenever there is a single mistake - lag, the other tank, my mistake - it becomes a horrible cesspool of hate.

You were being an asshole too.

Could use a little context, eh?

I mean, to be fair, not standing in stuff is pretty standard fare and if a tank is failing at it, they probably shouldn't be tanking. I'm having trouble figuring out which fight this is, anyway.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I mean, to be fair, not standing in stuff is pretty standard fare and if a tank is failing at it, they probably shouldn't be tanking.
    I know right?

10+ Year Old Account

I mean, to be fair, not standing in stuff is pretty standard fare and if a tank is failing at it, they probably shouldn't be tanking. I'm having trouble figuring out which fight this is, anyway.
    People make mistakes. There is no reason for the instant hate the anyone who messes up gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    People make mistakes. There is no reason for the instant hate the anyone who messes up gets.
    True, but there's also no reason to go crying about someone being a meanie to you at the playgarden...

Lei Shin fight in ToT. Im a 537 prot warrior, never did that fight as tank, and said so before fight started. Everyone said just kite him around the poles and then a hunter pulled to start the fight. Everything up till then was smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    True, but there's also no reason to go crying about someone being a meanie to you at the playgarden...
    True. But I have seen many threads bitching about lack of tanks. This is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Lei Shin fight in ToT. Im a 537 prot warrior, never did that fight as tank, and said so before fight started. Everyone said just kite him around the poles and then a hunter pulled to start the fight. Everything up till then was smooth.
    Well, then, sure, the group should've been a bit more forgiving.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

For every thread that you've seen on this board about how abused tanks are, I've seen a tank who will leave at the slightest mishap by anyone, optionally with or without the words "I don't need this, insta queue FTW!". So no, you don't get too much sympathy, although I totally understand that you may have been wrongly flamed. Both sides are wrong and I dislike both. I have no idea what happened, since that pic got removed, but I'm fairly sure it's not the only one getting on your nerves today and you're just venting right now. Not the most productive states of mind to be making posts. Believe me, I know, I've done hateposts, too.

But if you - as I assume - left the group that instant, just bear in mind that you may have doomed that group to wait 20 or so minutes for another tank. So because what I figure is a stupid minority hating on you, you've punished 20+ people that have no clue what's going on. Being a tank is a privilege and a responsibility. It is the most important role in any raid. I hate people doing it in a light mood and not giving it a second thought. You are in a special role, you will get instant hate when you fuck up. That's been the life for tanks since the first pull in MC. Deal with it. Everyone will want to be your friend once you're a decent tank, so it does pay off. If you don't absolutely love the role and only do it to get faster queue times, don't complain about people hating on you, because you haven't deserved to be in that spot.

Oh fuck, sorry, that's my old main tank self from 2006 speaking, don't take him too seriously, he does get carried away. Self important little persona of mine.
    Last edited by Slant; 2013-12-08 at 09:30 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the problem is you can't handle the internet. caps lock is scarey.
    Please show this to all the children that were abused by their parents or the wives abused by their husbands and show them what you call abuse. I dare you.

Whenever I tank I just make sure to whisper the other tank and ignore everyone else.
    Hi Sephurik

Somehow i feel this Tank problem is getting out of hand in America. Queues to find a tank is abit long in EU i belive but thats basicly it?
    while i recently geared up a tank myself I didnt have any problems at all in LFR Tbh, sure there are wipes but the Retard 5% buff makes anything killable in a few tries
    Nothing to go into war about

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    I think the problem is you can't handle the internet. caps lock is scarey.
    Please show this to all the children that were abused by their parents or the wives abused by their husbands and show them what you call abuse. I dare you.
    1. Comparing real life to a video game.
    2. Quote me where I said the word abuse.
    3. Thanks for proving what a toxic community this has become.

Well, then, sure, the group should've been a bit more forgiving.
    Its tricky in a situation like this, but I reckon tanks should not only lead the pulling, but they should lead the instance. Whenever I join LFR, I take over. I demand buffs before pulls, I sort groups for encounters such as spoils. I add markers for Thok and other encounters. By engaging the leadership role (and basically telling the pre-leader if you join halfway through to get fu!#ed), you use your strategies, your positioning, and you are in control.

Ever since I started doing that, LFR became a breeze regarding player abuse etc. The only problems I've had recently are players pulling trash and then pretending as though they didn't. E.g. Rogue pulling galakras trash via throw, sprinting to me, and vanishing. Normally that's fine, but with 15 other mobs, not so fine.
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

It's not toxic, but I think people are getting tired of the same old drama every day and just call out the bullshit that some of it is. So you got yelled at, big fucking deal. It happens to every tank once in a while, it happens to every healer once in a while. And it only doesn't happen to dps, because their role pretty much doesn't matter in LFR.

1. Disable Instance chat (Chat box settings -> uncheck "Instance").
    2. Enjoy a toxic-free environment.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's not toxic, but I think people are getting tired of the same old drama every day and just call out the bullshit that some of it is. So you got yelled at, big fucking deal. It happens to every tank once in a while, it happens to every healer once in a while. And it only doesn't happen to dps, because their role pretty much doesn't matter in LFR.
    Both of us got vote kicked.

Ur upset because someone used capslock in a video game and can't handle it so made a forum post hoping people feel sorry for you. I think the people in you group could have been a little more forgiving, sure, but "getting your panties in a bundle" about it is a bit over the top. You can't expect everyone to be nice to you and need to learn to take some heat.

There are guilds that would gkick you insta for that mistake or RL would literally scream at you for being dumb in mumble, but you're getting all flustered because of something some nobody in LFR said to you in LFR? Let it go, try to improve yourself as a tank and move on. Like someone said above everyone makes mistakes and if you give up because a random nobody "yelled" at you in LFR you're not going anywhere.

People yell at other roles too not just tanks. Imagine if a newbie hunter left pack on for that pull or auto-taunt on his pet? You think they'd kick him or be nicely ask him to take it off?