Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't and won't claim to speak for all tanks but I personally will not tank for the population at large because of the sheer stupidity and laziness. I don't care who is mean to whoever and I certainly don't care if e-feelings were hurt or jimmies were rustled. I care about not having my time wasted and most of the LFR-heroes are one giant collective waste of time.

If you're too lazy to spend 3 minutes watching a Youtube video then you probably shouldn't be raiding. Sorry. I wouldn't walk onto a baseball diamond during a game and expect people to teach me the fundamental rules of the game. Why would anyone expect the same with regard to raiding?

In hindsight I feel like there should be a "little league" for raiding that isn't quite as wild west as LFR currently is. Perhaps have community advocates who want to sit down and teach people who are willing to learn and be patient. Then upon understanding the fundamentals, graduate into a youth league or some variant until you hit the professional league of raiding (heroics) instead of the current shit show that LFR has become.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand why people won't tank at lower levels.. Tanking 15-35 I really noticed it, and even on my 87 shammy you have people rushing far ahead of the slightly slower tank, pulling bosses, even locking the tank out of the bossfight. And if you ever comment the ninjapulling, you get shit like "stop bitching, let us grownups play wow, go play LoL, there are more of you bitches there."(true story).

Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    I understand why people won't tank at lower levels.. Tanking 15-35 I really noticed it, and even on my 87 shammy you have people rushing far ahead of the slightly slower tank, pulling bosses, even locking the tank out of the bossfight. And if you ever comment the ninjapulling, you get shit like "stop bitching, let us grownups play wow, go play LoL, there are more of you bitches there."(true story).
    This wears me out, esp the trash before shamans. You pull 10 things, somebody else pulls 10 things, somebody else pulls another 10 things and if you dont pickup all the adds you are a retarded tank. I can ignore that pretty much, because it rarely happens that I cant grab all the things, but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    This is bullshit. Also shows what a toxic community this game harbors. Now you know why your dps queues are so long.

http://imgur.com/a/dcni8
    Based off the text I see, both tanks didn't say anything before pulling. Generally if you say something people will explain the fight. The problem is, no one wants to be "That Guy" that doesn't know the fight and people have to explain what to do. Next time if you are better off queuing with a friend that knows what to do, research the fight, or just ask what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    TBH at that low of a level, the roles haven't even kicked in yet. I remembered queuing in as healer and having nothing to heal because people weren't really taking damage. I ended up going in Disc and 'healing' through atonement. I would have gone shadow, but surprisingly Disc at low levels does more damage since enemies die faster than you can dot them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Could EU be different? I'm almost positive I've used it to report language in LFR. I know I've done it for trade trolls. Maybe I'm mistaken and LFR only has two options.
    Nah, you can report for language as well in LFR on US.

What needs to be added is an option for griefing, since it doesn't really fall under the same category of cheating. Queue'd for LFR last night as tank. Upon loading into the instance, I'm already greeted with a dps warrior pulling every single trash mob on the way to Malkorak. Vote system is retarded because, as usual, "player cannot be kicked during or shortly after combat." So now the entire raid is stuck with one griefing asshat for the first 20 minutes of LFR before we finally get a vote kick through. That system needs an overhaul, you should be able to kick people when necessary, not being at the mercy of Blizzard to decide if I get to see "player cannot be kicked for another 2 minutes" or "player cannot be kicked for another 2 hours." Yeah... REAL nice system when by standard you have to vote 2-3 members out of almost every LFR. Make. It. Better.

Not supprised it was Horde players acting this way. Not saying Alliance don't either, just there seems to be more jerks like this on Horde side rather than the Alliance.

Then again, the mindset of one who chooses to play the bad guys is one that is more more prone to this kind of cesspool of hate.

Good times.

Holy shit, this thread has all kinds of assholes and toxic trash. From Slant and dcuffel making excuses for the motherfuckers' behavior in OP's post, to fucking fappasauras blaming the OP, and on and fucking on. Blows my mind that so many people here responded, in so many words, "well you shouldn't have messed up then". If that's what you think, YOU'RE THE FUCKING PROBLEM.

I think it's both hilarious and sad that OP made a post illustrating just how far to shit this game's community has gone, only to have posters both trash him, blame him, and defend the assholes in his post. I have to say, MMO-C has developed into the shittiest game community I've yet seen. Do you all understand what toxic is? Do you understand that being fucking douchebags is driving away other players (of ALL skill levels) and is slowly killing the game? Do you get that it's not Blizzard's softening up the game that's making it lose so many subs, it's the 10% of players who are such childish fuckwads that they can't be decent to other people (and the chickenshit, spineless want-to-fit-in bitches who defend those fuckwads because they mistakenly think it's the popular opinion) that cause other players to get tired of the shit culture and quit? It's not about whether players are good or bad, or whether the tank made a mistake. It's that normal people get tired of being around the toxic trash like the assholes in OP's post- and all the toxic players that apparently make up a good portion of MMO-C's posters.

If you're one of these douchebags: regardless of what you convince yourself of, most people aren't like you. And believe it or not most of your peers probably don't like you or want to be around you- that's a given, no one really likes an asshole. Most people won't say shit to you, though; they just stop going to where you hang out, whether it's the game or these forums. People don't even really give a shit in the end if you're right or wrong, they just don't want to be around you, because you have a fucked-up socially-retarded attitude. I know a lot of you will come back with the old excuse of "it's the internet, duh". No, dumbass. There's no such thing, really - there's nothing making you behave a given way. It's just you being who you are at your core. And you'll find a reason to be a dick no matter whether someone's screwed up or not, just as long as you never have to scrounge up the balls to do it to their face (of course).

The funniest thing is, the "noobs" in LFR that these assholes are always so pissed about are almost always going to stay noobs and it's the assholes' fault. People don't learn shit anymore and you can't even give them advice most of the time, because it's turned into a "fuck you" culture- players are so defensive now it's insane. The more the douchebags rage and the worse they treat the other players, the worse it's going to get. You can't blame the noob, of course he's defensive after being told he's a fucking retard who should kill himself because he pulled 50k dps on a run.

Lastly, I know that technically this post makes me a hypocrite, but honestly I don't feel I owe a damn bit of civility to the kind of fuckwad who supports the attitude in OP's pic.

And yeah, since someone is going to ask: No, I'm not mad. Just... disappointed :P
    Last edited by Alternategray; 2013-12-09 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    People make mistakes. There is no reason for the instant hate the anyone who messes up gets.
    Right. But in general, dps can make mistakes; tanks cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Its tricky in a situation like this, but I reckon tanks should not only lead the pulling, but they should lead the instance. Whenever I join LFR, I take over. I demand buffs before pulls, I sort groups for encounters such as spoils. I add markers for Thok and other encounters. By engaging the leadership role (and basically telling the pre-leader if you join halfway through to get fu!#ed), you use your strategies, your positioning, and you are in control.

Ever since I started doing that, LFR became a breeze regarding player abuse etc. The only problems I've had recently are players pulling trash and then pretending as though they didn't. E.g. Rogue pulling galakras trash via throw, sprinting to me, and vanishing. Normally that's fine, but with 15 other mobs, not so fine.
    I agree with this but having to run with a second tank who is according to raid design a co-equal in all things makes this complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternategray View Post
    Holy shit, this thread has all kinds of assholes and toxic trash. From Slant and dcuffel making excuses for the motherfuckers' behavior in OP's post, to fucking fappasauras blaming the OP, and on and fucking on. Blows my mind that so many people here responded, in so many words, "well you shouldn't have messed up then". If that's what you think, YOU'RE THE FUCKING PROBLEM.

I think it's both hilarious and sad that OP made a post illustrating just how far to shit this game's community has gone, only to have posters both trash him, blame him, and defend the assholes in his post. I have to say, MMO-C has developed into the shittiest game community I've yet seen. Do you all understand what toxic is? Do you understand that being fucking douchebags is driving away other players (of ALL skill levels) and is slowly killing the game? Do you get that it's not Blizzard's softening up the game that's making it lose so many subs, it's the 10% of players who are such childish fuckwads that they can't be decent to other people (and the chickenshit, spineless want-to-fit-in bitches who defend those fuckwads because they mistakenly think it's the popular opinion) that cause other players to get tired of the shit culture and quit? It's not about whether players are good or bad, or whether the tank made a mistake. It's that normal people get tired of being around the toxic trash like the assholes in OP's post- and all the toxic players that apparently make up a good portion of MMO-C's posters.

If you're one of these douchebags: regardless of what you convince yourself of, most people aren't like you. And believe it or not most of your peers probably don't like you or want to be around you- that's a given, no one really likes an asshole. Most people won't say shit to you, though; they just stop going to where you hang out, whether it's the game or these forums. People don't even really give a shit in the end if you're right or wrong, they just don't want to be around you, because you have a fucked-up socially-retarded attitude. I know a lot of you will come back with the old excuse of "it's the internet, duh". No, dumbass. There's no such thing, really - there's nothing making you behave a given way. It's just you being who you are at your core. And you'll find a reason to be a dick no matter whether someone's screwed up or not, just as long as you never have to scrounge up the balls to do it to their face (of course).

The funniest thing is, the "noobs" in LFR that these assholes are always so pissed about are almost always going to stay noobs and it's the assholes' fault. People don't learn shit anymore and you can't even give them advice most of the time, because it's turned into a "fuck you" culture- players are so defensive now it's insane. The more the douchebags rage and the worse they treat the other players, the worse it's going to get. You can't blame the noob, of course he's defensive after being told he's a fucking retard who should kill himself because he pulled 50k dps on a run.

Lastly, I know that technically this post makes me a hypocrite, but honestly I don't feel I owe a damn bit of civility to the kind of fuckwad who supports the attitude in OP's pic.

And yeah, since someone is going to ask: No, I'm not mad. Just... disappointed :P
    So much rage. You really are mad.

First of all, there is no issue with being upset over failure. Its natural and should be expected. OP was not just a victim. he has resources available to him, and apparently didn't even bother asking for an explanation. To be a tank and just dive into a raid with no idea what to do means you are going to kill 24 people. Thats a dick move.

Coming to a group prepared is being decent to others. Being unprepared and lazy like OP was is not. And he doesn't deserve decency if he won't show it.

Git. Gud.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternategray View Post
    And you think this post will change their minds or something? Or you just wanted to rant?

I'm glad you saw the irony. You, like them, need to chill out. This response only fires up douchebags to be more douchebaggy. It doesn't help. It makes things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    So much rage. You really are mad.

First of all, there is no issue with being upset over failure. Its natural and should be expected. OP was not just a victim. he has resources available to him, and apparently didn't even bother asking for an explanation. To be a tank and just dive into a raid with no idea what to do means you are going to kill 24 people. Thats a dick move.

Coming to a group prepared is being decent to others. Being unprepared and lazy like OP was is not. And he doesn't deserve decency if he won't show it.

Git. Gud.
    You two are two sides of a coin. Ignoring that the other side exists. OP was both a problem and a victim. Just because one happened does not mean the other is a non-issue, was the sole cause or the reaction was valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    You two are two sides of a coin. Ignoring that the other side exists. OP was both a problem and a victim. Just because one happened does not mean the other is a non-issue, was the sole cause or the reaction was valid.
    And like with a coin, if you remove one part there won't be a coin anymore.

People don't rage at good play. People rage at bad play. How to stop raging? Don't be bad.

Recently dinged 90 on prot warrior and brewmaster for running LFR as a tank Probably doesn't come across in my posts on here but I'm an unwaveringly patient force of positivity in-game so I always have good LFR runs Just get people chatting near the start
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Why is he talking in orcish though?
    IKR? That was my first thought too.

And Orcish is like Common, everyone can understand it anyway (IIRC).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Lei Shin fight in ToT. Im a 537 prot warrior, never did that fight as tank, and said so before fight started. Everyone said just kite him around the poles and then a hunter pulled to start the fight. Everything up till then was smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

True. But I have seen many threads bitching about lack of tanks. This is why.
    Well it seems like the problem was that you weren't keeping him near a pylon, which in turn means he constantly AoE's the raid, which will quickly lead to a wipe.

I've never tanked Lei Shen. I've never tanked anything. In fact, I've never even killed him on normal, only LFR (took a break at the start of ToT until SoO came out). Guess what? If I were to tank it, I'd still know to keep him near a pylon. Seeing the fight a single time, as any role, would indicate that. He does this AoE damage when being dragged from one pylon to the next, so I'm sure you've seen it happen before, unless you're saying you generally do LFR completely oblivious to everything that's going on around you. If that's the case, no one to blame but yourself when you tried to take that same attitude into it as a tank. Maybe you're used to just afk'ing or whatever when you queue in as DPS, and this was your rude awakening that you actually have to give somewhat of a shit while tanking.

OR maybe it was your first time EVER seeing the fight. Guess what? Still your fault. If you've never seen it before, or if you've seen it but chose to pay absolutely no attention and just leech off the rest of the raid to get you your free LFR gear, then YOU need to be the one to come forward and say "I have no clue what I'm doing and being the tank I think I'll need an explaination".

All I see is this being your fault, and then you getting sad when other people get mad at you for being a scumbag.

This is bullshit. Also shows what a toxic community this game harbors. Now you know why your dps queues are so long.

http://imgur.com/a/dcni8
    Seems the tanks should have read up on the fight.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Recently dinged 90 on prot warrior and brewmaster for running LFR as a tank Probably doesn't come across in my posts on here but I'm an unwaveringly patient force of positivity in-game so I always have good LFR runs Just get people chatting near the start
    ^ I can vouch for this approach.

Sometimes you still get uncurably toxic groups but the more positivity you inject at the start the better the run goes. Sometimes it's even fun! Believe it or not!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Could use a little context, eh?

I mean, to be fair, not standing in stuff is pretty standard fare and if a tank is failing at it, they probably shouldn't be tanking. I'm having trouble figuring out which fight this is, anyway.

specially now that they have nerfed vengeance so that you do not benefit by intentionally taking a tick or three.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP