Poll: Do you research fights for LFR?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wait a few weeks before going into LFR in hopes that most of the people have figured out the fight as I dont want to spend 4+hrs in LFR.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

99% of people in LFR do not read MMO-Champ, Icy Veins, Noxxic, or any fansite, thus, this poll is in no way accurate.

As for me when I was doing LFR, yes, I did read tactics, always have, always will.

I know a friend who just reads the dungeon journal, but I prefer guides/videos.

I also did the same for flex and will for normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    99% of people in LFR do not read MMO-Champ, Icy Veins, Noxxic, or any fansite, thus, this poll is in no way accurate.
    I'm curious where you got that statistic from.

10+ Year Old Account
    if anything i i know the heroic tacts before i do the boss on LFR :P

Deleted
    Are you also reading or watching a walkthrough before playing a single player game? Don't force anyone doing this.

I don't even research reg or heroics, I quickly glance at the dungeon journal and that's all that's needed

10+ Year Old Account
    I look it up a little when I DPS.
    But when I tank or heal I look up the entire fight and look for things to pay attention to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Efrye View Post
    Are you also reading or watching a walkthrough before playing a single player game? Don't force anyone doing this.
    Of course not. It's single player. If you fuck up and die 58 times then its only YOUR time that you're wasting. If I'm with 24 other people, I like to make sure I'm not the one causing wipes and wasting everyone's time.

(This of course is almost never the case in LFR, but you get my point.)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I like to learn through attempt. Learning how to do it before hand makes it boring faster. It's not even a fight if you research it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I walk in, kill shit and pay attention. As a former tank and raid leader that no longer raids (outside lfr and the odd flex with friends), it was always something I had to do/know. I have to see and know everything, but just reading up on it or watching a video is of little use or desire to me, 1-2 attempts on a boss and I'll typically know everything about it that I need to know to complete my role, a few more attempts and paying attention to raid chat and I'll usually know enough to succeed at any role.

Deleted
    I always wing it. The only boss that didn't work out for was Durumu and I was forced to look it up on youtube.

Part of the excitement of a game is not knowing what's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm curious where you got that statistic from.
    97.4% of statistics found on the internet are made up.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the ingame guide that blizzard supplies for raids/bosses is more than adequate for LFR.

I used to, until I realized I could go in there naked with no idea what I'm doing, and still not be at the bottom of any charts...

I generally check out the Tankspot rundowns. They have nice concise write-ups on it, and I don't have to wade through 17 pages of insults to find what I need.

i think that you should research the fight if you are a tank or healer, as a dps you can pretty much walk into any LFR boss and figure it out on the fly.

But given the fact that i raid, i've pretty much watched every normal mode strat vid as soon as they come out

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Just curious how many people do this.
    Some fights I do, some fights I don't. Some fights are obvious in what you need to do, others require timing, finesse and awareness.

Though my experience of LFR tells me no-one but myself is able to do a boss properly either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Just curious how many people do this.
    I'm one who does actually learn what the fights do before I go. However, I do regular raiding in addition to LFRs on alts.

The last couple of months, since SoO came out, literally every single LFR I have joined, at least one of the two tanks says "tell me about this fight, I've never done it". THAT is annoying. Tanking, like it or not, is a special role that requires a bit of knowledge and leadership. Nothing more annoying than a tank in PvP gear asking for instructions every single pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    I research it by doing it on normal first.