10+ Year Old Account

Zandalari Warbringer help!

Hello,

As a 514 Destro Warlock, I just can't seem to be able to solo any of these. I have put my talents into Soul Leech, gotten the Demon Training glyph and even with curse of Enfeeblement these guys just hit way too hard for my Voidlord to cope with the damage output of the Warbringers..

Any input as to how these are still solo-able?

-Offsurface

Quote Originally Posted by Offsurface View Post
    Hello,

As a 514 Destro Warlock, I just can't seem to be able to solo any of these. I have put my talents into Soul Leech, gotten the Demon Training glyph and even with curse of Enfeeblement these guys just hit way too hard for my Voidlord to cope with the damage output of the Warbringers..

Any input as to how these are still solo-able?

-Offsurface
    If you're doing everything right (aggroing and kitting spirit, specially) and you're certain that's ilvl, I'd give t5 2p a shot.
    It worked for me when 520~ ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, very good tip. Thanks alot! I'll definetly try that out later tonight and get back to you.

One, are you sure the warbringer is killing your pet, not the ghosts he summons? They hit a lot harder than he does in my experience.

Two, I tried void tanking them for a while, and still use my voidwalker to start a warbringer pull, but it's just easier after my void dies to kite him to death. That way I don't have to constantly re-position my pet to avoid the ghosts. Yes, warbringers hit hard on a warlock, but because they have 4 special abilities that they'll stop and cast frequently, you can literally just run them in a circle and kill them. Granted, I play demonology, so I don't have to stop and cast chaos bolts, but if need be I guess you could backdraft your chaos bolts and use KJC for incinerate. Maybe give kiting a shot- i noticed that if you have a lot of distance on the mob, he won't even try to fear you until he gets really close (and I break it with Unbound Will if necessary).

Also, try killing the warbringer in Dread Wastes- you can benefit from Klaxxi buffs and make short work of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to use Move to command to kite the spirits. they are the things the kill the pet and also once it dies it is hard to get aggro back on pet after. move out of stuff and kite spirits = win

Yeah, as other people have said, the key to warbringers is to make sure that your pet never has aggro on the Ghosts. Ghosts RAPE your voidwalker. The Warbringer itself does not hit ol blue hard enough to be a threat.

Also, another useful trick would be to try to get the Overgrown Lillypad item from the Rarespawn in V4Winds / Timeless Isle. It gives you Rejuvinaton for symbiosis, which is easy to macro into an @Pet heal, which is generally enough healing if you keep 100% uptime on it to pretty much never need to manually heal your VW.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Yeah, as other people have said, the key to warbringers is to make sure that your pet never has aggro on the Ghosts. Ghosts RAPE your voidwalker. The Warbringer itself does not hit ol blue hard enough to be a threat.

Also, another useful trick would be to try to get the Overgrown Lillypad item from the Rarespawn in V4Winds / Timeless Isle. It gives you Rejuvinaton for symbiosis, which is easy to macro into an @Pet heal, which is generally enough healing if you keep 100% uptime on it to pretty much never need to manually heal your VW.

Oh yeah, I got a lillypad last week and the difference when soloing rares in Pandaria is ridiculous. It's probably how affliction locks feel when soloing things with soulburn: health funnel, but basically free (not even a shard cost). It also makes it much easier to kite and stay healthy.

In case you're unaware, the Gulp Frogs on Timeless Isle drop lillypads with pretty regular frequency.

Deleted
    Try to keep Rain of Fire on the Warbringer. This way you get the aggro from the ghost and not your VW. and from there just kite the ghost a little, while you are nuking the warbringer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn off your automatic pet taunt as it tends to use it on the ghost.

Also, gear will make the fight insanely much easier. Do some ToT HC/SoO LFR and flex and perhaps some timeless isle. A few hours of gearing will make it so much less painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoSac, make use of your portal, healthstone and embertap and if you get scarabs, it's win win.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    destro, voidlord, demon training glyph, soul leech and soullink (4%dmg --> heal for you and your pet). The easiest and fastest way.
    Let your voidlord tank the boss and set it on passive with auto taunt turned off.
    when he is summoning the spirit, havoc it (don´t use chaosbolt since you want to generate embers through it and damage on the spirit doesn´t matter. Immolate > conflagrate > incinerate)
    use rain of fire when scarabs are spawning and make sure you are low on embers before they are spawning.

At your lvl id go to tk and ssc and get your 2 piece tier 5 for the healing bonus to add to soul link. Also make sure when you see his cast bar for the vengeful spirit you move the pet quite a bit away and kite it. At the lower gear 500's for gear he still hits hard enough to wreck your pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    you have to use Move to command to kite the spirits.
    Not at all. As long as you don't have Auto-Taunt on and catch aggro of the ghosts as soon as they spawn, you can keep your pet where it is without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    Turn off your automatic pet taunt as it tends to use it on the ghost.

Also, gear will make the fight insanely much easier. Do some ToT HC/SoO LFR and flex and perhaps some timeless isle. A few hours of gearing will make it so much less painful.
    Cannot emphasis this enough, use it manually on the warbringer on the pull.. thats about all you'll usually have to do.

Deleted
    also glyph for healing void for percentage health instantly plus macro fr his shield every 10 secs

Thank you so much for mentioning the T5 2pc bonus. I never knew about it having only recently leveled a warlock, and I've been able to farm the WBs without much issue at 530 ilvl using VLord, SLink, Lily Pad heal macro, move to/attack hotkey for ghosts, and glyphed HFunnel. But with that 2pc it'll be even easier, hopefully without any need to move the Uberberry at all.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

As destro I'd recommend havoc'ing the ghost to pull it to you then have your pet taunt when it almost reaches you. Since it moves slow (esp w' conflag's daze) it shouldn't ever hit anyone before despawning. You can glyph health funnel and macro it into incinerate or fel flame. Being feared isn't bad, being feared when you can get hit by the ghost is when you need to use unbound. Keep RoF going, especially on a WB w' the add spawning modifier.

As demo w' DA glyph and harvest life you can facetank things and kill more slowly but its not a playstyle for everyone and needs some ilvl/gear. (don't forget to glyph drain life).

Getting the lilypad for rejuv makes this fight much easier.

As destro tanking with voidlord:

- Keep rejuv on pet all the time
    - I have the glyph of health funnel so I use that every 10 seconds unless the pet is almost at full
    - Demon training glyph helps a bit
    - Soul leech is a must talent
    - I move pet 10-15 yards when he starts summoning ghost, it will agro you because you have rejuv ticking on pet (put pet on passive and taunt off)

Just heal and nuke as hard as you can because soul leech makes your dps keep your pet alive. I havoc ghost and then cast Chaos Bolt because that is extra damage for soul leech shield. Havoc and his ghost summon are both roughly on the same CD. If some mob agros I use havoc to kill that instead. I guess Enfeeblement would help but I use CoE and it hasn't been a problem. I suggest you don't let the bugs hit your pet too long because they eat his shield orbs. If you really want to make the pull smoother you can manually put on his shield before pull.

It's not hard at your ilvl if you just remember to do everything. One of the worst things you can do is forget to make your pet attack the warbringer after moving him away from ghost because the warbringer will come after you if your pet doesn't do anything to him in 10-15 seconds. Using dark soul helps keep pet up because rejuv and health funnel healing crits more and your damage obviously gets higher -> more soul leech shield.

edit: fun thing to do in dread wastes is using master of puppets to mc a Vor'thik Dreadsworn. He has an ability that drops any mobs health by 40%. I let the pet tank for a while before making the dreadsworn attack. Otherwise it will pull agro and the warbringer comes to nuke you after killing the squishy dreadsworn. The dreadsworn will attack anyone that hurts you. So I just eat some aoe from meteors etc. when I want to release the dreadsworn on him
    Last edited by 6kle; 2013-12-11 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoSac - Soul Link.
    Kite when ever a ghost is up or during a cast (to gain distance). Top yourself up with embers/HS if a fear is inc.
    Abuse havoc and RF to gain more embers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water